RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rarebit of Sense

Volomite/Globe Derby cross

It always has been and always will be

- I personally like to have a look at the stallions then match them with a mare based on what the stallion has to offer in the way of confirmation/ size to improve the mare, as well as studying both pedigrees

- On the subject of sons of Christian Cullen there is only one I would use -

GOTTA GO CULLECT

Christian Cullen (say no more) - /Elect to live by Live or Die (she was so tough )then further back in the pedigree is Ruling caste a full brother to Brahmaputra (good old blood) worth a shot I reckon

On 11/6/2010 at 3:14 PM, Clobber said:

It always has been and always will be

- I personally like to have a look at the stallions then match them with a mare based on what the stallion has to offer in the way of confirmation/ size to improve the mare, as well as studying both pedigrees

- On the subject of sons of Christian Cullen there is only one I would use -

GOTTA GO CULLECT

Christian Cullen (say no more) - /Elect to live by Live or Die (she was so tough )then further back in the pedigree is Ruling caste a full brother to Brahmaputra (good old blood) worth a shot I reckon

Is there's anymore Christian Cullen stallions you would go to now other than Gotta Go Cullen ?

4 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Is there's anymore Christian Cullen stallions you would go to now other than Gotta Go Cullen ?

Gotta Go Cullect - sorry

I'm thinking of Raging Bull and Locharburn as they still stand here in NZ 2020/21

On 9/30/2010 at 3:32 PM, Rarebit of Sense said:

It's a bit like that. The theory is to inbreed on the maternal side, and outcross on the sire side. It is called returning to the stallion the best blood of his dam. But the outcross on the sire side is also important, linebreeding is a big no no.

If you email me at colonialbreed@hotmail.co.nz, I'll email you the sire profiles and pedigree matches of all the horses in the last Hambletonian and Hambletonian Oaks. I'll also then email you the pedigree of Break The Bank N, which is one of the top ones, who missed the Hambo, but ran second against the same horses in the Canadian Trotting Classic. That is how the Americans have been breeding for many years. From what I gather, the French do the exact opposite, but the Scandinavians are following the Yanks, but with horses from both pools and Break The Bank N is one of theirs. He is French on top and American underneath, and he can run a bit. It's an example of what I've been banging on about, an outcross on the sireline with a matching maternal pedigree seems to be able to lift a horse to be greater than the sum of its genetic parts. We can't match many of our mares to the maternal lines to many of the American stallions, and that is why when an American stallion comes across like In The Pocket, who does, it just takes off, and is also why then the sons do even better, because they already have the ability to easily make those maternal matches. But you still need a steady flow of outcross on the male side. As I said, Volomite has made a comeback as an outcross sire, and it might be time for Globe Derby to come back. Now is it beginning to make sense.

Largest big American site has In The Pocket  ( damsire) in it,  Larther Up (equal world fastest mile) and of course an American unfashionable sire in I'm Georgeous. What is it 10 years after we started this discussion your prediction has rung true. Now all that needs to happen is Lather Up is to be successful himself as a sire.

I see that trotter  Mataderos has the same cross. Has  two strains of Globe Derby, a strain of Steinway (direct sireline of Globe Derby) . And being from a trotting bred stallion has several Volomite roots (which includes a line through Sampson Hanover which gave us the line to In The Pocket).

On 9/30/2010 at 2:58 PM, bustoharland said:

well apparently they like inbreeding, but they want to expand a narrowing gene pool??

They all started with Hamiltonian and expanded from there.  That's  the standardbred for which we are inthusiastic about and this forum is all about.