RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jag1

Andre Poutama

8 hours ago, Punter9696 said:

Agree great effort but why was this runner not declared a non-runner? My opinion stipes made a huge mistake or the rule needs to be changed.

That was something that went through my mind as well, maybe it does need to be looked at.  If there had been a crash then the race could/would have been called off.  Maybe it is because of when it happened in the race??

Mine too.

From a punting perspective, you would feel aggrieved if you had backed Prime Lustre and had your chance wiped out. Would you expect to be scratched so you get a refund?

If no, is a $250 fine enough for the connections of Jude's Gem for their error?

Pup 4 Prime Lustre 4 fr 170.00 12/11     A P T Poutama C C Sharpe

• PRIME LUSTRE - After settling in the trail behind the leader rounding the first bend the gelding was forced to race inside the marker line by JUDE'S GEM after the offside rein on that runner came adrift. Driver A Poutama then assisted JUDE'S GEM and Driver J Abernethy by taking hold of that runner's bridle for safety reasons with both horses being retired from the event.
  • JUDE'S GEM - The off-side rein came adrift passing the 1900 metres when improving forward to race one out without cover. Driver J Abernethy was obliged to steer the filly inwards to the inside of the marker line which resulted in PRIME LUSTRE being forced to that position also. The driver of PRIME LUSTRE then assisted JUDE'S GEM by taking hold of the horse's bridle for safety reasons with both runners being retired from the event. Trainer A Matthews admitted a charge under Rule 864(2)(d) in that she failed to ensure that the off-side rein was affixed so as not to come adrift. The JCA imposed a fine of $250.

Happy comparing this situation with a runner being wiped out is totally different, Andre made a DECISION at the time for the safety of a fellow driver and decided to not continue racing, remember no gear issue for Andre's horse he could of continued racing in the trail throughout the race.  

56 minutes ago, Punter9696 said:

Happy comparing this situation with a runner being wiped out is totally different, Andre made a DECISION at the time for the safety of a fellow driver and decided to not continue racing, remember no gear issue for Andre's horse he could of continued racing in the trail throughout the race.  

Did you read what I wrote?

I am not questioning his decision. I did not even bring his decision making into it.

If I had backed a horse that was in the trail and it was pulled out due to another runner being presented in a condition unfit for racing I would feel aggrieved. You say yourself he could have continued racing.

Answer the questions I posed and see where it takes you.