RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
westview

Wyndham

19 hours ago, westview said:

Westview is all about the fun of racing not the money and we may never get one as good again his full brother is racing tonite in Aussie galactic star if you have time watch a replay of his last run ,2.40 fixed was great 

Nigel I admire your syndicates approach and is a big asset to racing in nz, if you have any shares in horses that may race in Roberts northern barn please let me know

Cheers rangi . most of the time our horses will be racing around Canterbury mainly because most of our owners are around here and we can nip out to the beach and watch them run,in saying that, looking at the Stakes Atc are putting on you would have to be stupid not to have a serious look. After yesterday's run Dexter told me trick will make a great 3 year old and after watching his full brother win again last nite in 1.53 he could be right 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not going to be a good horse, and the guy sounds like he has got a lot of new people into these syndicates which is fantastic, it just sounded like the horse was the next Christian Cullen.

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not going to be a good horse, and the guy sounds like he has got a lot of new people into these syndicates which is fantastic, it just sounded like the horse was the next Christian Cullen.

Early days, and plenty of horses will come out of the woodwork obviously.

You are lucky to get a good horse let alone a good two year that can go on and race well for seasons.

If you are in racing ownership to make money then you must be an optimist.

Most are in it for the enjoyment and syndication is the way of the future, so that costs can be shared and the enjoyment shared.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Went awful! Sometimes it's better to stay a bit humble, otherwise you look like a bit of a fool, might come right but ain't no jewels winner that's for sure!

Yeah definitely better to keep your mouth shut than go off half-cocked and look like a tool later on!

Clearly something wrong with the horse tonight. Never travelled kindly at any stage, even in the score up.

Given that the Dunns know slightly more than you about the game, I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of the problem.

He's definitely a serious racehorse, and probably one of the few that will mix it with the "Blue and Silver Army" when the feature races come around.

Who knows you are obviously a lot smarter than me probably should have taken the three grand.

If you go back and listen to the radio interview with jess you will notice the guy on the radio before me was trying to sell tickets for the jewels. Not wanting to let a chance of promoting harness racing go by I took this opportunity to talk up his sales pitch, if that makes me a fool fear enough.As for tuapeka trick in the last week he has decided to be a colt and in the next couple of days we will make a decision on gelding him, I'm sure I can get a two for the price of one deal if you are available. John does rate our fella pretty high and if that means sitting out a few months that's what we will do. Any time you want to debate Wether I'm a tool or not come find me ill be at every harness meeting in Canterbury or driving out at Diamond stables on Saturday mornings.

Cheers from the fool,tool and half cock.

5 hours ago, westview said:

Who knows you are obviously a lot smarter than me probably should have taken the three grand.

If you go back and listen to the radio interview with jess you will notice the guy on the radio before me was trying to sell tickets for the jewels. Not wanting to let a chance of promoting harness racing go by I took this opportunity to talk up his sales pitch, if that makes me a fool fear enough.As for tuapeka trick in the last week he has decided to be a colt and in the next couple of days we will make a decision on gelding him, I'm sure I can get a two for the price of one deal if you are available. John does rate our fella pretty high and if that means sitting out a few months that's what we will do. Any time you want to debate Wether I'm a tool or not come find me ill be at every harness meeting in Canterbury or driving out at Diamond stables on Saturday mornings.

Cheers from the fool,tool and half cock.

Westview, well said and I do hope Who Knows takes up your offer but isn't he well named

The tall poppy is still well alive on here but I wish you all the best with the horse in the coming future and please keep me in mind for a syndicate if you do have any horses in the  Dunns northern barn

We all do know the 3 grand offer was in jest?

Don't want that misconstrued.

The horse has ability. Owners are excited. Boss of owners has interests of Harness Racing first and foremost. Everyone can watch with interest the progress of horse so should be fun. 

Good debating and betting fellas. I'm gone for awhile.

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I only commented as the horse was talked up like the next big thing, which it is not yet.

I hope it turns out to be a champion for your syndicate and lives up to the expectations you obviously have, it's just so much easier to just let the horse do the talking IMO.

To be fair, it is only a 2 year old.

They went a 1.55 mile rate.

The horse went back from the gate and was a long off the front early on, had cover for a few hundred metres.

Three wide without cover down the back with the pace really on, then parked into,the straight and you expect it to kick on real strong?????

The reality is that it went better than The Brooklyn Brawler and The Devils Own in the Kindergarten Stakes down south at its previous start, and you are saying it is over hyped?

Time will tell, but bear in mind it's 4 year old full brother Galactic Star is a top horse in Perth and certainly wasn't racing as a 2 year old!

Wouldnt be writing it off as it has had 3 very hard races in a short time.

He will be their when the big money is around, as you know, "the Brodster is always on the money".

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

You rate it ahead of the Maestro B Rod ?

Wouldn't think so at this stage, but as you know things can change!

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Has your opinion of Tuapeka Trick changed at all Westview given how it has been racing? Are the jewels still on the radar, or maybe just be pleased with a cubik zirconia?

Not really, his brother who has won about twenty races but don't quote me on that didn't win his first race until he was a three year old until after Christmas. As he did place in 1.56.6 as a two year old and came home in 55 at kaikora recently we know he's got speed now all we are waiting for is him to strength up. But thank you for your concern.

32 minutes ago, JAKH said:

Nice win today congratulations. I would expect WhoKnows to come out of the woodwork and do the same.

Cheers to be fear it wasn't a great field today but if can keep improving like his full brother we will be more than happy. Next on the cards is Nelson and we have at least thirty going up so we will wait and see what happens , as a owner all you want to see is them running on at the finish and today with the plugs still in he did just that.