RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Question on handlers

6 hours ago, jimbob said:

Can a trainer handle another trainers dog  if they have a runner in the race themselves.but they get someone else to handle there dog?

What are the rules?

so are you saying that an owner or worker whos favourite dog it is,  is handling the dog. And because the trainer isnt busy and another trainer needs help, that the first trainer cant help?   seems silly.  I do not believe there is any such rule.  I know ive handled dogs for other people while my partner has handled dogs under my name.

7 hours ago, jimbob said:

Can a trainer handle another trainers dog  if they have a runner in the race themselves.but they get someone else to handle there dog?

What are the rules?

I don't believe there is a rule against it.

I see no problem with it, and have done it myself when employed by a trainer, handled for someone else when I have a runner engaged, because someone else has that connection.

31 minutes ago, twirly berly said:

so are you saying that an owner or worker whos favourite dog it is,  is handling the dog. And because the trainer isnt busy and another trainer needs help, that the first trainer cant help?   seems silly.  I do not believe there is any such rule.  I know ive handled dogs for other people while my partner has handled dogs under my name.

Id say he is asking the question Twirly because in the harness I don't believe a driver can drive another horse if he has ownership or trains another runner in the race.

On 3/3/2017 at 8:39 PM, mmmyb said:

I don't believe there is a rule against it.

I see no problem with it, and have done it myself when employed by a trainer, handled for someone else when I have a runner engaged, because someone else has that connection.

Id say he is asking the question Twirly because in the harness I don't believe a driver can drive another horse if he has ownership or trains another runner in the race.

Bit of an irrelevant question then isn't it?

I believe if a trainer has a runner in the field then they Must handle the dog they train 

And not  handle  other trainers dogs  

I might write to RIU about this

20 minutes ago, jimbob said:

I believe if a trainer has a runner in the field then they Must handle the dog they train 

And not  handle  other trainers dogs  

I might write to RIU about this

What a stupid thing to harass the RIU over. Whats next, a trainer should have to handle all his/her dogs even if they are not handling in the race. Say your own dog goes better with someone else handling it or the owners want to handle the dog and the trainer can help out another. Dont see one problem with this at all

So what if a trainer has 1 dog in a race and the owner of that dog  wants to handle it.

Can the trainer than handle another trainers dog as shouldn't the owner have first option on handling there own dog.  

Or does that trainer have to watch from the stand and not help out a mate.

Sounds crazzzzy

On 3/6/2017 at 4:10 PM, alltheway!!! said:

What a stupid thing to harass the RIU over. Whats next, a trainer should have to handle all his/her dogs even if they are not handling in the race. Say your own dog goes better with someone else handling it or the owners want to handle the dog and the trainer can help out another. Dont see one problem with this at all

if your own dog goes better with someonelse  handling it perhaps its time to change trainer and i wonder what the theory police on here would think if said trainer was handling someone elses dog and it returned a positive