RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Derby Day Question

The stake for the NZ Derby needs to be at premium levels. It is the only race in NZ that consistently produces horses that win at Group 1 level in Australia. If the Derby was only worth 650k, consideration would be given to skip it and head to Sydney for their triple crown. 

On 3/3/2017 at 1:22 PM, porky said:

I backed it with a few seconds to spare on the J Parkes factor alone...have since heard me uncle backed it last 2 starts (maybe on name...who knows)

anyway, me cous is now in on the bandwagon (talking to him yestarday at Hastings) after the tear up ya ticket perfomance last start.

I,m hoping Tauhei...B,s your answer...we need another goodin.  

Had a pretty good day but just watched the last as went out for Daugthers Birtday tea...

Had about 5 running in last leg of Treble and Quaddie...including Splendido (paying more than winner) ...just nutted...Bugger...thats racing.

Hey, just on the jockey change...I realise O.P,s the stable rider...But Parksy...waay up there in my opinion... will get his dues (realise he rode Highlad)

Was good for racing yesterday...on another positive, I like NZTR website and replays and watch and bet (even with the occasional hiccups)

Sky does a good job with their coverage also...  Fire in and abuse me...I,m braced and ready! 

On 3/03/2017 at 11:41 AM, Tauhei Notts said:

My question about the Derby, which will be answered tomorrow afternoon is GINGERNUTS.

I have watched the replay of the Avondale Guineas several times.

Was that performance by Gingernuts?;

(a)   The biggest fluke I have ever seen in a New Zealand group race;

or

(b)  Was that performance the cusp of us seeing a real champion.

I am betting on (a) but will be ready to applaud heartily if it is (b).  I will accept graciously that if I applaud it will be with a much lighter wallet.

I felt the same as you but we cant be right every time

Fortunately I took Jon Snow for the place so i came out even

Gingernuts is clearly a very good horse

I offered the same queries about Gingernuts...ie was the Guineas ana berration on account oft he Slow8...but on yesterday's form he could be anything.

Pleasantly surprised to see Sacred Elixir make up a ton of ground...maybe he's a slow burner and will win in Brisbane in June (or Sydney earliet)

Have a feeling he could be a top 2-miler next year in they don't kill him with racing first!

Of the undercard...Tavidream and splurge lok topliners in the making.