RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

John Allen @ Ellerslie this Friday

55 minutes ago, Wok Belly said:

Good luck today Midget

I won't be terrorizing him, just trying to get him to commit to some bridging funding for the industry why these strategies are being implemented, and a commitment that he'll resign if he doesn't deliver on the 15 million racefields legislaton ( my sources say 10 is the correct figure ) or the 50 million return from the new F/O platform.

He won't offer to fall on his sword though because turkeys very seldom vote for an early Christmas.

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Midget - I have seen this guy on TV. He is very animated with his hands so ask him what he would do in a bondage session if his hands were cuffed behind his back? :ph34r:

Take a tape-recorder Midget as that guy speaks so fast you want keep up with your short hand in order to report back !!! 

I have just found out the number of employees at NZRB,

This is the list Permanent full time=488

Permanent Part Time===========270

Fixed Term===================37

Causal======================78

Total========================873

If you look in Seek,there are another 15 job applications for positions.This appears an obscene number to run an Industry Board,then on top of that you have various consultants being employed,I say unbelievable and it is clearly out of control.

SNR 

Wouldn’t a split by salary bracket be a more interesting read, they will report they have reduced employee numbers because they closed Phonebet. Only to re-fill the pot with FROGS as somebody said.

Ok, I missed the first 45 minutes but here's my summary based on what I heard him say ( Tasman Man and others can fill in the gaps ).

He swears we're on track to prosperity and he'll resign if he's wrong ( can't member the time lines there but TM might help ).

He swears the numerous consultants they're using are developing new strategies to keep new clients punting, he didn't expand on the methodology of that and he couldn't provide a rational answer as to why all the graphs were heading south if these marketing gurus were doing such a great job.

He said that contracting group Eleven no longer consulted and the year to date cost for them was $385,000.

He said the $45,000 spent on the three tables for the Lions games was money well spent to endear high rolling clients who were being aggressively courted by multinational betting agencies.

I didn't ask the question but when someone else did he said Dennis Quirke was a sensible appointment and he had no issue with his "history", but that they'd put mechanisms in place to minimize the risk he'd reoffend.

Apart from that he was plausible and in his own way quite charming, but a bit too slippery to warrant a cuddle at the end though.

My summary, more of the same, lots of noise, but not a lot of substance, just more "trust me, I've got this.." sort of thing.

One thing he did say to me privately was that these leaks coming from head office were disappointing, and that he didn't approve of the amount or the quality and accuracy of the information being leaked, and he wanted it to stop.

47 minutes ago, Midget said:

Ok, I missed the first 45 minutes but here's my summary based on what I heard him say ( Tasman Man and others can fill in the gaps ).

He swears we're on track to prosperity and he'll resign if he's wrong ( can't member the time lines there but TM might help ).

He swears the numerous consultants they're using are developing new strategies to keep new clients punting, he didn't expand on the methodology of that and he couldn't provide a rational answer as to why all the graphs were heading south if these marketing gurus were doing such a great job.

He said that contracting group Eleven no longer consulted and the year to date cost for them was $385,000.

He said the $45,000 spent on the three tables for the Lions games was money well spent to endear high rolling clients who were being aggressively courted by multinational betting agencies.

I didn't ask the question but when someone else did he said Dennis Quirke was a sensible appointment and he had no issue with his "history", but that they'd put mechanisms in place to minimize the risk he'd reoffend.

Apart from that he was plausible and in his own way quite charming, but a bit too slippery to warrant a cuddle at the end though.

My summary, more of the same, lots of noise, but not a lot of substance, just more "trust me, I've got this.." sort of thing.

One thing he did say to me privately was that these leaks coming from head office were disappointing, and that he didn't approve of the amount or the quality and accuracy of the information being leaked, and he wanted it to stop.

Sounds like Trump.....;)

Just now, Ohokaman said:

Sounds like Trump.....;)

No, Trump is a 6'3" cock, & he's not worth pissing on ( that's Donald not our resident Ernie )

I hate to say it ( because I like to think I can see bad in most people ) but John Allen is very likeable, he's plausible, loquacious, and quite charming.

I kind of hope he'll be the one who turns it all around, but I'm getting a bit old and cynical now so I'm not getting too excited.

41 minutes ago, Midget said:

$45M extra profit to be distributed in the 18/19 season and $60M extra profit in the 19/20 season.

43 minutes ago, Midget said:

I'd suggest the strategy is to give inactive accounts a $5 free bet every month that when they spend it they become "active" clients.  He admitted this was "loss making" initially, but would be profitable when all these customers keep betting - time will tell if they do, but I doubt it.  They currently have 180k account customers and half of them are inactive and this is why he thinks they can double active customer by "re-engaging" with the account customers that no longer bet.  I think he's missing the point of why 90k of their customers don't bet with them and a $5 free bet every month isn't going to change this.

46 minutes ago, Midget said:

Yep it was just more of the same.  If you went to the meeting with no background and listened to him you'd think he's got it under control and great times are ahead.  Unfortunately we've heard it all before....

"When I came into the industry I had  no prior racing knowledge of it or of betting so I am very much better equipped now than I was then.....etc " read his John Allens interview in today's Informant.. I dont doubt for one moment his heart and soul are in the job but 2 years down the track of the apprenticeship its been a very costly exercise while John learns the ropes !!! What does Glenda not understand about employing people with a proven track record from within the industry...

Except  Dennis the menace of course !!! 

On 2/27/2017 at 7:34 PM, Midget said:

Anyone from Auckland going along to listen to John Allen talk a whole lot of non factual fairy tales, fabrications, fallacies, and fantasies Friday at Ellerslie ?.

It's at 3 o'clock if you're interested.

Your alliteration alone almost 'ad me attending...:)

12 hours ago, Midget said:

if he doesn't deliver on the 15 million racefields legislaton ( my sources say 10 is the correct figure ) or the 50 million return from the new F/O platform.

I'd say 15m is 100/1 and 10m across codes 10/1, from the best research on this that I have seen even if the full legislation change they want occurs, which I think is unlikely