RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pegs Pride

ECHOES OF HEAVEN

Yes congratulations Heather, reading the article it sounds like Countofmontecristo is a very exciting horse.  EOH is beautifully bred being a half to Redoute's Choice.  Redoutes has crossed extremely well with Last Tycoon mares producing three Group One winners so I hope The Count can do it for Echoes of Heaven.
(I seem to remember discussing this pattern sometime ago in another thread)  O'Reilly or Bigstone mares will create the same pattern.

countothe.jpg

Zabeel's best performance at producing Group One winners also came when his female family was bred back to.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, Swynford said:

Yes congratulations Heather, reading the article it sounds like Countofmontecristo is a very exciting horse.  EOH is beautifully bred being a half to Redoute's Choice.  Redoutes has crossed extremely well with Last Tycoon mares producing three Group One winners so I hope The Count can do it for Echoes of Heaven.
(I seem to remember discussing this pattern sometime ago in another thread)  O'Reilly or Bigstone mares will create the same pattern.

countothe.jpg

Zabeel's best performance at producing Group One winners also came when his female family was bred back to.

Yes, we based our mating decision on the successful cross Redoubts Choice with Last Tycoon mares.

Redoute's Choice fee just announced at $137,500 inc GST      

If you are breeding to race Iglesia mares with Echoes Of Heaven could save one a lot of money.

Smart 2 Year Old winner at Pukekohe yesterday.

ardrossan.jpg.0321f50107707f07890f946f35cfa1f6.jpg

I was just looking up Echoes of Heaven, googled Linwood park stud, a receivership notice came up, issued in Feb. Echoes of heaven, giant's steps and ekraar's breeding records (mares served) aren't up to date on the nz thoroughbred website???

What is happening with the stud though?  Can breeders have confidence sending mares there under the circumstances?  No agenda here and not bagging anyone but this must be cause for concern/uncertainty? .........J

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Appointment/Release of Receivers & Managers
Notice Title

LINWOOD PARK STUD LIMITED, LINWOOD PARK STUD TRUST, MICHAEL TOLOLI and STUART BRAUNINGER (all in receivership)

Notice of Appointment of Receiver and Manager

Pursuant to Section 8 of the Receiverships Act 1993

Thomas Lee Rodewald was appointed as receiver and manager of the above-named entities on 22 February 2017 under the powers contained in a general security agreement dated 29 June 2016, which property consists of all present and after-acquired personal property.

Dated this 2nd day of March 2017.

THOMAS LEE RODEWALD, Receiver and Manager.

Office of the Receiver and Manager is: C/o Rodewald Consulting Limited, Level 1, The Hub, 525 Cameron Road, Tauranga 3110.

Publication Date
9Mar2017

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, Treat said:

I was just looking up Echoes of Heaven, googled Linwood park stud, a receivership notice came up, issued in Feb. Echoes of heaven, giant's steps and ekraar's breeding records (mares served) aren't up to date on the nz thoroughbred website???

Still not up to date. As Jess says above, am wondering?? Is it safe to even consider these stallions this season? If their records aren't up to date will the foals be registerable?

... and how well will the operation be running in general?  When you send a mare away there is a fair bit of trust invested in the farm by the mare owner on a number of counts ....  

I just checked the companies office website and they are no longer in receivership, In Receivership from 22 Feb 2017 to 07 Mar 2017. I have sent mares there the last two seasons without any problems, hopefully things are or getting sorted.

On 5/13/2017 at 2:55 PM, jess said:

... and how well will the operation be running in general?  When you send a mare away there is a fair bit of trust invested in the farm by the mare owner on a number of counts ....  

I've always agisted my mares for foaling, then walk in services to Linwood Park from Monovale Farm and back. Excellent results and no problems with registrations over the years. Tony Mudgeway an excellent Stallion Manager and Monovale Farms outstanding care of both mares and foals. I believe Linwood have not agisted or foaled at their farm for some years. I'm holding noms for stallions this coming season. 

I too hope past problems are sorted now. Both Ekraar and Echoes of Heaven excellent value and have produced great results for us.

N.B. Countofmontecristo came off the track at Kranji 14 May in the 3 yr old Guineas lame in the near foreleg. Glenn Boss says he nursed him to third and he's a true G1 horse who would have won. Much more ahead for him. Going back this year to EOH.

...and then they were back in receivership in December. Now it looks like they've started up again under a new name. Paradise Farms or something. I'd expect more of the same, completely untrustworthy people to do business with.