RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Kawi- Another Rider

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Lizzy....seriously ? She's a nice horse with some upside as a handicapper, as is Von Tunzelman, but this is a massive step up to a WFA event against the countries best, even if the playing field will be leveled by what's certain to be a sticky track.

I've got Sofia Rosa winning by 5+ although I'd love to see Authentic Paddy get a well deserved G1.

if we could guarantee an even tempo on a dead track then the market is probaby about right based on exposed form with lizzie and von the value with improvement probable, but both those conditions are unlikely so it could turn into a riders race with the horse in the best position who cops the grounď being the one imo. ive taken a small ew on lizzie so my opinion is likely biased but will be interesting how the market plays out in the next few days

3 hours ago, Midget said:

Won't matter a jot, he won't run because they're frightened of getting a bloody good beating.

They only pick the low hanging fruit with him but ( at risk of mixing too many metaphors ) this is pissing with the big dogs and they don't like doing that.

The only thing that would frighten them is the state of the track , outside of that he walks this field in if its a Dead track or  better . 

That low hanging fruit must be pretty sweet beating a dual G1 winner in Start Wondering last start - whats wrong with that form? Or the Windsor Park form for that matter? 

As for Perth ,you're knowledgeable enough to know the amount of things that can go wrong with travelling a horse, particularly a horse with his behavioral issues. 

The Cox Plate who would want to run it if youre running into Winx and Hartnell? 

He is a magnificent beast and you know it!

Agree with you if Kawi can't win would love to see Authentic Paddy salute, he deserves it more than most.

8 minutes ago, Huey said:

The only thing that would frighten them is the state of the track , outside of that he walks this field in if its a Dead track or  better . 

That low hanging fruit must be pretty sweet beating a dual G1 winner in Start Wondering last start - whats wrong with that form? Or the Windsor Park form for that matter? 

As for Perth ,you're knowledgeable enough to know the amount of things that can go wrong with travelling a horse, particularly a horse with his behavioral issues. 

The Cox Plate who would want to run it if youre running into Winx and Hartnell? 

He is a magnificent beast and you know it!

Agree with you if Kawi can't win would love to see Authentic Paddy salute, he deserves it more than most.

He's performed on soft at Ellerslie before, he just got nutted in an Easter so if they blame the track that's just an excuse.

Start Wondering is a sprinter, that race was a mile, and Hastings spring form is dubious because it's all too soon.

If they had issues in Perth it was never mentioned, and they sure as hell love talking about him to the Press. The only thing hurt over there was his feelings.

He is a magnificent beast, true, just like Tarzan, the pity is he has neither the brain nor the courage to match his looks.

He's been eligible for the Cox Plate for the last three years, they talk about running in it every year but they wave the white flag and chicken out every year.

He'll get it right up the chutney Thursday, and I've got a sneaky feeling he'll like it.

1 minute ago, Midget said:

He's performed on soft at Ellerslie before, he just got nutted in an Easter so if they blame the track that's just an excuse.

Start Wondering is a sprinter, that race was a mile, and Hastings spring form is dubious because it's all too soon.

If they had issues in Perth it was never mentioned, and they sure as hell love talking about him to the Press.

He is a magnificent beast, just like Tarzan, the pity is he has neither the brain nor the courage to match his looks.

The only thing that got hurt over there was his feelings, the soft prick that he is.

Hes been eligible for the Cox Plate for the last three years, they talk about running in it every year but they wave the white flag and chicken out every year.

He'll get it right up the chutney Thursday, and I've got a sneaky feeling he'll like it.

Start Wondering is a Sprinter but he got beaten a 3/4 L in a G1 over a mile with your latest "Poster Girl" - Sofia Rossa running third , so what he doesn't  get a mile?

So what he finished 3rd in an Easter Handicap on Slow going and now you rate that form?

You're only cocky because of the state of the track, I pray that the good lord delivers a Good3 or Dead4 and you'll be smoking those vines Tarzan swung on!

There is no way he was ready for a Cox Plate 3 years ago and like most he has wisely sidestepped Winx the last 2 years , ain't no shame in that.

Am I right in understanding that Waddell was going to ride him on Saturday and now can't ride him because of a subsequent judical enquiry, despite him already being declared and the fields being carried over in full to the postponed date. This does seem grossly unfair to all concerned in my view.

21 minutes ago, Huey said:

Start Wondering is a Sprinter but he got beaten a 3/4 L in a G1 over a mile with your latest "Poster Girl" - Sofia Rossa running third , so what he doesn't  get a mile?

So what he finished 3rd in an Easter Handicap on Slow going and now you rate that form?

You're only cocky because of the state of the track, I pray that the good lord delivers a Good3 or Dead4 and you'll be smoking those vines Tarzan swung on!

There is no way he was ready for a Cox Plate 3 years ago and like most he has wisely sidestepped Winx the last 2 years , ain't no shame in that.

I was tipping Sofia Rosa because she loves the wet.

The Easter showed that he can perform on wet Ellerslie ground if he wants to, it was a good run that day, second last at the 600 and the only one really running on.

God has nothing to do with the weather, but given that I'm a Papist I'd probably be better connected to him than most and thus I can confirm there's no fucking chance of a good 3 or similar track Thursday.

You're right, there's no shame in running from Winx, but why do they go on a wank fest every year and spout on about contesting the event ? Maybe they should qualify it by saying " we're going for the Cox Plate...if it's a really bad field with no group winners in it, and they give Tarzan a big head start, and no one upsets him or hurts his feelings "

Be honest, he's a spinner who drinks milk, and I'm the only one brave enough to say it.

23 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Am I right in understanding that Waddell was going to ride him on Saturday and now can't ride him because of a subsequent judical enquiry, despite him already being declared and the fields being carried over in full to the postponed date. This does seem grossly unfair to all concerned in my view.

A ruling is due this morning whether Jason Waddell is able to fulfil his riding engagements at Thursday’s rescheduled Auckland Cup meeting.

The Judicial Control Authority was thrown a curve ball on Saturday when Allan Sharrock, the trainer of Gr. 1 New Zealand Stakes favouriite Kawi, lodged an objection over the Racing Integrity Unit stipulation that the timing of a suspension handed to Waddell at Avondale last Wednesday would stand.

The suspension was due to take effect at the end of racing last Saturday, but Sharrock argues that the decision to postpone that day’s Ellerslie meeting to Thursday was out of his or Waddell’s control and the contract to ride Kawi in the New Zealand Stakes could not be broken.

JCA panellist Paul Williams, who is also that organisation’s acting executive officer, told www.theinformant.co.nz this morning that communications on the matter had taken place during the weekend with JCA Board members and a ruling would be released by noon today.

Normal procedure would be for any disputes to be adjudicated upon by a two-person JCA panel, but the special circumstances of this case have forced a change in process.

“It’s an extraordinary situation and that is why the JCA is taking extraordinary measures to arrive at a decision,” Williams said. “The first step was to take statements from the parties involved and those were then considered by the JCA Board along with all other relevant information.

“A ruling will be delivered this morning and definitely by noon.”

The JCA said they had considered the request that Waddell be permitted to ride at the rescheduled meeting, but it couldn’t be met as the Rules of Racing do not provide for a review or recall of a judicial committee’s decision under these circumstances.

6 hours ago, Midget said:

He did win a canter and sprint affair at Ellerslie of course, a 2.04 mile and a quarter dash up the straight home sort of an affair. 

he looks like Tarzan..

7 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Parkes would be odds on wouldn't he NM..??  Would be his only ride however...

If it stays Heavy, doubt he will run.

Midget your being a bit tough...He,s won over a mil and I wouldn,t mind a share ...so have tailored your post to suit.

Not many horses come from behind at the on pace Ellerslie track!, especially over a walk...the leader usually waves goodbye.

I tend to agree with Ohokaman...wait for the Stradbroke or whatever they have planned for him on a better track. 

Back in the seventies they often suspended them until 5.00pm on such and such a date.

A certain Cafe contributor managed to ride in the last three or four at a twilight meeting in the deep south arriving in the weighing room ready to go at 5.01pm

I think that might be the last time then suspended them for part of a day.

On the topic of A Sharrock and Kawi the horse has been being raved up as a champ for the last three years and has always been 'going to go to Aussie next campaign'. When he did go he sidestepped the big stuff in Melbourne to head to Perth.  Really at the rate things are going it will be have to be a pensioner's discount flight to get him there again.  He is at the top of his game - why not send him to Sydney(and take J Waddell with him if he is the messiah(from Kawi's perspective) as a rider)?

Much as I think Alan Sharrock is a great trainer he has always raved this horse up and it is not unknown for him to not live up to the hype.  When he does out comes the 'everybody hates this horse but he's a champion' tirade.  If he is a champion let him get over there and prove it not be running around NZ against(comparatively) second rate G1 horses. 

The cynic in me says the jockey issue will be the excuse if he gets beat.  if he wins(which to be fair on his record he should) he will be a dead set champion to have overcome all these insurmountable obstacles.  Gets beat and it will be the jockey and track issues at fault.  

Bearing in mind four weeks ago Michael Walker was the answer to the jockey prayers for the horse.

24 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

The cynic in me says the jockey issue will be the excuse if he gets beat.  if he wins(which to be fair on his record he should) he will be a dead set champion to have overcome all these insurmountable obstacles.  Gets beat and it will be the jockey and track issues at fault.  

Bearing in mind four weeks ago Michael Walker was the answer to the jockey prayers for the horse.

Paid his own way as well. Bet Red and connections liked that .

1 hour ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

I,m only a punter at this stage Tom...but to be fair, he really is a crack 1400-1600 m horse and if track conditions don,t suit (good-dead)...I,d be surprised if he won having to come from behind at Ellerslie (let alone start). Jeepers even Sunlines 2000m record wasn,t impeccable. 

42 minutes ago, porky said:

I,m only a punter at this stage Tom...but to be fair, he really is a crack 1400-1600 m horse and if track conditions don,t suit (good-dead)...I,d be surprised if he won having to come from behind at Ellerslie (let alone start). Jeepers even Sunlines 2000m record wasn,t impeccable. 

I don't study him enough to say what his speciality is distance wise(though every time I pick up the paper he is in there for some reason) but lets see,  if he does get beat,  whether the excuse is the distance being too far or the jockey and track issues.

On the face of it, with a record like his, it is a match race between VsB and him.  He really ought to win it on class and reputation.

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

BS must have spun Red too much BS 

rider J K B Riddell

Interesting choice, Walker and Waddell ride him quietly which is not something you associate with JKR , hes one of the more vigorous riders in the business

35 minutes ago, trymebest said:

VnB wearing bar shoes, Suggests there has been feet issues. Not so sure on a wet track they serve their purpose, Possibly easier to rip off . Interesting nonetheless

But I do hope the above gives them a galloping lesson!

Bar Plates + Heavy Track = No Chance

Best bet in the race would be to lay the horse on Betfair for as much as you can get and afford.

Just now, Bimbo said:

Bar Plates + Heavy Track = No Chance

Best bet in the race would be to lay the horse on Betfair for as much as you can get and afford.

My thoughts exactly,But back to a slow8 already,Anyone got an update on how the weather has been/looking up in the city of sails today?