RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lincoln blue

Charlie Faulkner of Takanini

33 minutes ago, trymebest said:

I know his sone did,Chris..

33 minutes ago, trymebest said:

I know his sone did,Chris..

Charlie's son Mark had a hearing impairment n a way with the ladies.

We were saddened when we read he had passed away.

Fond memories always live on from his cheeky personality n the day we both were at Maungatawhiri ( on the way to Thames) n had to run down the street to a dairy for a Lotto ad. He always gave us ribbing about that.

He used to work for L'Oréal where he was a valued staff member.

Hope Charlie is well, maybe Peter Earley can track him down for a Radio interview on his Saturday show...n Trackside TV can dig out some of the old footage of these characters n goodsorts in racing.

With Easter looming its better to have those replays on radio than the rubbish we sometimes hear from non racing people hogging our Racing industry time.

I see Charlie (not sure if there are 2 ie senior and junior) around Auckland city a bit - the Charlie im referring to was also a decent league player and pretty sure his old man was also Charlie....but I stand to be corrected

Charlie's son Mark had a stutter( not sure about the deafness)--always gets sympathy from the ladies whose motherly instincts kick in and try to help the guy 'get it out" (words that is, not what you are thinking!). Anyway had a good sense of humour and had one of the first personalised plates "MMMARK".

20 hours ago, meomy said:

Charlie's son Mark had a hearing impairment n a way with the ladies.

We were saddened when we read he had passed away.

Fond memories always live on from his cheeky personality n the day we both were at Maungatawhiri ( on the way to Thames) n had to run down the street to a dairy for a Lotto ad. He always gave us ribbing about that.

He used to work for L'Oréal where he was a valued staff member.

Hope Charlie is well, maybe Peter Earley can track him down for a Radio interview on his Saturday show...n Trackside TV can dig out some of the old footage of these characters n goodsorts in racing.

With Easter looming its better to have those replays on radio than the rubbish we sometimes hear from non racing people hogging our Racing industry time.

He was 

My good friend Charlie lol. I have a picture of myself and one of his Kiwi Golfer babies. Also a letter from Charlie I will forever keep. I am 39 now. Worked for Charlie at Avondale when I was about 14. Every time I'd call he would say "Racheal Hunter . ..is that you?" 

Kugal, Sculptured Move, there were so many. He actually poached me from Brad Leity haha who had Mindarie Boy and a few others. 

Fond memories. As far as I know he is still living in Mt Roskill. One in a million. A character I'll never forget 

In the best Maori way, Charlie Faulkner had the greatest quote I have ever heard from one of his race.  This was about the time that Kiwi Golfer and others were going so well.

"Success is relative.

The more success I have, the more relatives I have got."