RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

$10k min from 1 March

4 hours ago, jeepers said:

My last bill for one and a half months training from a Waikato trainer,is $4800,incl GST (which I can't claim in NZ).

That's why said horse is on his way to Australia. $10000 min per race is better than $7000 but still not enough for me to leave anything in NZ.

Surely plenty of good SI and Lower NI trainers who wouldn't charge that.

This is called a "Keep them quiet" measure. It's not enough in the way of genuine reform. Firstly, there has to be an immediate target to reduce the Administrative cost to Racing.  The $10k Min Stake is mystifying. Where is the money coming from and if it's available, why is it coming now (the Karaka meeting?) and not sooner when the Industry is bleeding. Is this "Keep Quiet" money? Because if it is, it shows just how out of touch they are with the underlying problems the Industry is faced with. It's not going to solve the problem.

I suspect your hunches are correct Trump.

It seems the "crisis" meeting on million dollar night may have rattled the NZRB ( John Allen and Glenda Hughes have jest been over your way visiting Messara, trying to find a way forward I'm told, so I guess that's an indication of their desperation ).

Anyway given that NZTR is already running a seven figure deficit you can presume they're not funding this, and tie that in with the NZRB promise at the "crisis" meeting that they'd produce something at their March board meeting, combined with the fact John Allen is about to embark on another facile road show, and suddenly all the little pieces of the jigsaw start to fit together and this looks like a token gesture, funded from pokies or existing NZRB reserves, all designed to appease the festering masses and to give those in charge some breathing space.

There's the cynical view, but let's at least acknowledge also that it's something, better than nothing, but it's only a start.

17 minutes ago, puha said:

Yesterday minimum stakes were 7 k in three weeks that will change to 10 k.Thats a positive in my view. Its the first step in the right direction.

It's a step in a direction alright, but whether it is the right direction who knows. To be heading in the right direction you need to know where you are going.

11 hours ago, Huey said:

Surely plenty of good SI and Lower NI trainers who wouldn't charge that.

What are the daily charges for central districts and SI trainers? Is the increase in stakes over the whole country and if so it stands to reason that it may be more beneficial to have a horse trained in those areas other than Waikato North.

It is good that they have increased to a 10k minimum for starters, but they need to make a commitment for an annual increase not just make this increase last till the next uprising. The other thing that I don't understand is why wait until March 1, why not implement it immediately?  I know our stable won't be starting any more horses this month in 7k races.

1 hour ago, hesi said:

The figures don't seem to add up, from Jackson's statement

"Just over 500 races will receive an extra $2,000-$3,000 to meet the $10,000 minimum,"

Say 520 races get an extra $2,500, I make that an extra 1.3 mil in stakes, not 3 mil, or is Jackson's statement referring to just over 500 races left this season?

I suppose some of its an increase in noms and acceptances? 

8 minutes ago, Dwyn said:

It is good that they have increased to a 10k minimum for starters, but they need to make a commitment for an annual increase not just make this increase last till the next uprising. The other thing that I don't understand is why wait until March 1, why not implement it immediately?  I know our stable won't be starting any more horses this month in 7k races.

Thats just nit picking a bit isn't it? You have to wait  a whole 2 weeks for the increase , they must have to hide your xmas presents from you at xmas time?

54 minutes ago, jeepers said:

What are the daily charges for central districts and SI trainers? Is the increase in stakes over the whole country and if so it stands to reason that it may be more beneficial to have a horse trained in those areas other than Waikato North.

Don't know daily rates but I haven't heard many as expensive as quoted .

10 minutes ago, Huey said:

Thats just nit picking a bit isn't it? You have to wait  a whole 2 weeks for the increase , they must have to hide your xmas presents from you at xmas time?

The thing is Huey (Is your uncle Scrooge McDuck?) why start your horse now, when if you wait a whole 2 weeks, you have the chance of winning almost 50% extra?  Go figure. 

I would have thought that to make a far better impact from the outset, they could have raised the minimum stake to $10k, PLUS, wiped away all nomination/acceptance fees. Then advised that the minimum stake would rise each year by at least $2500 for at least 3 years, bringing min stakes to $17,500 by 2020. This should be a minimum goal. However, based on some of the assumptions of some spruikers, they'll have easily enough money to get to $20k min !! As someone once said, "THOSE THAT FAIL TO PLAN - PLAN TO FAIL".

25 minutes ago, Dwyn said:

The thing is Huey (Is your uncle Scrooge McDuck?) why start your horse now, when if you wait a whole 2 weeks, you have the chance of winning almost 50% extra?  Go figure. 

I guess your horses just ran on Saturday Premier meetings then?

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

I would have thought that to make a far better impact from the outset, they could have raised the minimum stake to $10k, PLUS, wiped away all nomination/acceptance fees. Then advised that the minimum stake would rise each year by at least $2500 for at least 3 years, bringing min stakes to $17,500 by 2020. This should be a minimum goal. However, based on some of the assumptions of some spruikers, they'll have easily enough money to get to $20k min !! As someone once said, "THOSE THAT FAIL TO PLAN - PLAN TO FAIL".

Agree the Free Racing simply has to happen, in fact I'd have preferred it to this increase but its at least its a start and hopefully its something they will work on.

Who says there isn't a plan? I think they just aren't sharing it, this increase will have a warm fuzzy glow to it for a while so lets enjoy it as a start.

If the NZRB is telling the truth, and they genuinely believe what they're saying about Race Fields legislation, and the earning capacity of the new F/O platform, they should state publicly that they'll subsidise stakes increases by say 10 million a year across the three codes, starting next year, and thereafter they'll guarantee annual increases of say 15%.

If they can't achieve those targets they should resign because they've lied to us.

Glenda and John, try Seek.co.nz, and this time chose an opportunity you can be effective at.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

I couldn't agree with you more, and something like this would be a massive massive confidence boost for the industry