RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

$10k min from 1 March

And the Breeders will be spewing it didn't happen before the sales.

Now about the Racefields legislation, it's been announced it will be passed before this electoral term is done. Guy has his finger up his wazoo! He is master of inertia.

You have to applaud this but does anyone take Alan Jackson seriously any more ?

He's like a cricketer who's been at the crease for two days, faced 187 balls, and only scored 11 runs.

He's just not good enough to get bat on ball, not even good enough to get an edge, he really is dull and largely ineffective, and now he's trying to convince us with corporate "double speak" that everything is going to be ok, and that people would've bought yearlings if they knew a maiden win was going to net them about $5300 !!!

In case you didn't know Alan ( given that you've got hardly anything in work ) your new regime of $6k to the winner will ( after trainer and jockey percentages ) not even pay two month's training fees in the Auckland Waikato area....so stop slapping yourself on the back and congratulating yourselves, this is still an industry in a terminal spiral that's likely to fade into oblivion sooner rather than later.

Harsh but true Alan, I don't like to rain on your parade but let's agree that whilst that effort is acknowledged and appreciated, the brutal truth is that it's rather weak and totally inadequate.

I liken the  Port Hills fire like NZ Racing,eg the fire is NZ Racing and the Firefighters are the owners,Trainers and Jockeys and as I write both the Port Hills and NZ Racing are out of control.

Mr Jackson show something worthwhile like cutting staff costs substantially which would show you are leading by example not to read  138 people are on 100k,when the people the supply the product continue to bleed.

Sorry whilst a 3k increase is a start,I do not believe it will entice people to send mares to Stud,buy a horse at the Sales,or race a horse,i hope I am wrong.

SNR

14 minutes ago, Midget said:

I liken the  Port Hills fire like NZ Racing,eg the fire is NZ Racing and the Firefighters are the owners,Trainers and Jockeys and as I write both the Port Hills and NZ Racing are out of control.

Mr Jackson show something worthwhile like cutting staff costs substantially which would show you are leading by example not to read  138 people are on 100k,when the people the supply the product continue to bleed.

Sorry whilst a 3k increase is a start,I do not believe it will entice people to send mares to Stud,buy a horse at the Sales,or race a horse,i hope I am wrong.

SNR

Isn't the 138 on 100k figure the NZRB not NZTR?

42 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

right - now get someone with some nous to sit down ( 10 minutes for am and pm teas and 30 mins for lunch ) and revamp the racing calendar and cut the number of races by a third and make the minimum stake $20,000.

Can you just clarify that logic for me. How would cutting the number of races by a third enable the industry to increase stakes to $20,000?

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

Can you just clarify that logic for me. How would cutting the number of races by a third enable the industry to increase stakes to $20,000?

Maybe less races with bigger fields equals greater turnover per race, which hopefully translates to more gross profit than we're currently generating, with less overheads because the days are reduced......so stakes can be increased....haven't thought about it much so feel free to gun me down.

I do know though that "industry days" cost us money to run so every industry day we bin will enhance our bottom line.

17 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Midget is on to it - cut the number of races and put those stakes into the remaining races. No one wants 5 and 6 horse fields going around. Also do something along the lines of no drop back below rating 75 to increase field size in open hcps. Hey these are just my ideas to get racing back in favour but min stake of $20,000 is needed imho ! :)

35 minutes ago, Midget said:

I do know though that "industry days" cost us money to run so every industry day we bin will enhance our bottom line.

They don't cost us as much to run as premier and feature days and the plan is for those days when run by community clubs to cost nothing to run other than stakes, I think by 2018. Those costs will be borne the community clubs and their respective communities. Stakes for industry days are the closest to self-funding, of all days.

I want to see the stakes percentage altered, but only for maiden races.

Presently the stakes are split 62.5% winner, 20% 2nd, 10% 3rd, 5% 4th and 2.5% 5th.

I believe that is real good for R65 and higher races.

But maiden races should be split 70%, 20% and 10%.  That is because of the number of points a horse gets for winning a maiden, as distinct from the points they get for winning an R65 or R75 race.  The unusual part about this is that at an industry day the maiden winners would get more than the R65 winners, but I believe that is as it should be.  If the R65 horse was any good it would be in a Saturday race.

20 minutes ago, gubellini said:

scooby indeed. In Australia they regularly have Rating 50,55,58,60 races etc at the Provincials.

They have no interest in keeping those horses in the game via a proper handicapping system, races in the rating bands you mention, or an alternative such as claiming races. They clearly want less horses, less races and less revenue from the core business and more extraneous funding from the likes of pokies and other government and taxpayer assistance rather than any sustainable funding from the NZTR product itself.

Easier to get out while the lights are still on even though they are flickering.

3 hours ago, Midget said:

Maybe less races with bigger fields equals greater turnover per race, which hopefully translates to more gross profit than we're currently generating, with less overheads because the days are reduced......so stakes can be increased....haven't thought about it much so feel free to gun me down.

Can't get a start in a maiden or R65 as it is.  Some horses get balloted out more than 4 times so owners stop trying it and walk away.  Then there is a 5 win R67 who loses, drops back and beats a 1 win horse.  Need to be R60 1 win horse race..