Sign in to follow this  
Midget

Maybe some good news

39 posts in this topic

The word around the traps is that one of our leaders has been given the DCM letter.

I believe a statement will be released shortly.

It will say something along these lines.

He is missing family back in Australia/We would like to thank him for the time he has been with us and increasing turnover and we are grateful for his efforts,

I will let the spin doctors write his farewell letter,as that is what they get the big salaries paid and why they are so good at it,They can turn negatives turn into positives,only this time it is all positive.

SNR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Midget said:

The word around the traps is that one of our leaders has been given the DCM letter.

I believe a statement will be released shortly.

It will say something along these lines.

He is missing family back in Australia/We would like to thank him for the time he has been with us and increasing turnover and we are grateful for his efforts,

I will let the spin doctors write his farewell letter,as that is what they get the big salaries paid and why they are so good at it,They can turn negatives turn into positives,only this time it is all positive.

SNR

Was that person with the supposed DCM active at the Inglis sales as a person with the same name purchased from the sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Midget said:

The word around the traps is that one of our leaders has been given the DCM letter.

I believe a statement will be released shortly.

It will say something along these lines.

He is missing family back in Australia/We would like to thank him for the time he has been with us and increasing turnover and we are grateful for his efforts,

I will let the spin doctors write his farewell letter,as that is what they get the big salaries paid and why they are so good at it,They can turn negatives turn into positives,only this time it is all positive.

SNR

Given your description , there are quite a few candidates for this DCM. Thanks for the heads up though, we wait with baited breath.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2017 at 7:29 AM, Midget said:

The word around the traps is that one of our leaders has been given the DCM letter.

I believe a statement will be released shortly.

It will say something along these lines.

He is missing family back in Australia/We would like to thank him for the time he has been with us and increasing turnover and we are grateful for his efforts,

I will let the spin doctors write his farewell letter,as that is what they get the big salaries paid and why they are so good at it,They can turn negatives turn into positives,only this time it is all positive.

SNR

Which " traps " ?  Possum traps or booby traps in the Taraweras ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:o

GREG PURCELL STEPS DOWN

Greg Purcell, Chief Executive for the past six years of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing, has given notice to the NZTR Board of his intention to step down by the end of the current racing season.

Having commenced his role at the helm of the thoroughbred code’s management team in early 2011, Purcell believes the time is now right for the transition to a new Chief Executive.

“Greg has worked with total dedication over the last six years and deserves acknowledgement for the significant improvements to NZTR and our sport which he has led,” said Dr Jackson.

“Under his tenure as Chief Executive, NZTR has delivered six successive years of increased aggregate and average prize-money funding. He has also produced five years of surpluses and rebuilt NZTR’s cash reserves – despite stagnant NZRB distributions – by improving operating efficiencies and maintaining strong cost control within NZTR.”

Purcell advised the Chairman over 12 months ago that after five years in the role he saw a refreshing of the Chief Executive position as desirable.

“Last June, at the request of Dr Jackson, I agreed to stay on for a further 12 months to work with the NZTR Board on industry-changing pathways,” Purcell said.

“I’m proud of the achievements of the hard-working and passionate NZTR team, which over the last six years has returned our code’s operations to financial sustainability. My team has ensured NZTR operated within its means and provided a structure of prize-money and racing activities that were fully funded from revenue.

“We have a great industry filled with hard-working, dedicated and passionate people and the New Zealand thoroughbred racehorse is the equal of any in the world. We all know the significant challenges that our sport faces, however opportunities for significant improvement do exist.

Greg Purcell will continue in his role as Chief Executive managing NZTR business for the foreseeable future and will work on industry changing pathways.

“In the upcoming months I will continue to work as energetically as ever for the benefit of thoroughbred stakeholders,” Purcell said.

Advertising for the position of Chief Executive of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing will commence immediately.

 

:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drums are now beating that Snow White may well be leaving before the end of the season. Now im not one to gossip but im also hearing that those in power have already been approaching potential replacements. Given the disastrous appointments previously can they get this one right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Wouldn't be putting money on it NM.....:rolleyes:

Perhaps the Industry should be canvassed on suitable replacements, rather than leaving the decision to "experts"...?

You have hit the nail on the head O man- suitable replacements. This job has been turned into a poisoned chalice over the last decade or more. Poor choices made by the brains trust. Why would those who could do the job properly want to stick their heads over the parapet

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2017 at 7:28 PM, hedley said:

:o

GREG PURCELL STEPS DOWN

Greg Purcell, Chief Executive for the past six years of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing, has given notice to the NZTR Board of his intention to step down by the end of the current racing season.

Having commenced his role at the helm of the thoroughbred code’s management team in early 2011, Purcell believes the time is now right for the transition to a new Chief Executive.

“Greg has worked with total dedication over the last six years and deserves acknowledgement for the significant improvements to NZTR and our sport which he has led,” said Dr Jackson.

“Under his tenure as Chief Executive, NZTR has delivered six successive years of increased aggregate and average prize-money funding. He has also produced five years of surpluses and rebuilt NZTR’s cash reserves – despite stagnant NZRB distributions – by improving operating efficiencies and maintaining strong cost control within NZTR.”

Purcell advised the Chairman over 12 months ago that after five years in the role he saw a refreshing of the Chief Executive position as desirable.

“Last June, at the request of Dr Jackson, I agreed to stay on for a further 12 months to work with the NZTR Board on industry-changing pathways,” Purcell said.

“I’m proud of the achievements of the hard-working and passionate NZTR team, which over the last six years has returned our code’s operations to financial sustainability. My team has ensured NZTR operated within its means and provided a structure of prize-money and racing activities that were fully funded from revenue.

“We have a great industry filled with hard-working, dedicated and passionate people and the New Zealand thoroughbred racehorse is the equal of any in the world. We all know the significant challenges that our sport faces, however opportunities for significant improvement do exist.

Greg Purcell will continue in his role as Chief Executive managing NZTR business for the foreseeable future and will work on industry changing pathways.

“In the upcoming months I will continue to work as energetically as ever for the benefit of thoroughbred stakeholders,” Purcell said.

Advertising for the position of Chief Executive of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing will commence immediately.

 

:o

Dont they know how to spin the bullshit lines...they are all a bred of dysfunctionals... Theres another guy ? Woodham from the TAB that Des C has had on his Sunday show... Hes full of BS too...I respect Des C but even he gets swept up in the guys BS flowing from his mouth like a vacuum cleaner saleswomen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beck"s said:

Dont they know how to spin the bullshit lines...they are all a bred of dysfunctionals... Theres another guy ? Woodham from the TAB that Des C has had on his Sunday show... Hes full of BS too...I respect Des C but even he gets swept up in the guys BS flowing from his mouth like a vacuum cleaner saleswomen 

Thats a fair view about GW. Met him at Standard bred sales a few years back and hard to be impressed by him. Ex NZ Post so obviously an Allen drag along.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Thats a fair view about GW. Met him at Standard bred sales a few years back and hard to be impressed by him. Ex NZ Post so obviously an Allen drag along.

 

Yes it just rolled off his tongue like an Indian car salesmen !!  Not very PC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Wouldn't be putting money on it NM.....:rolleyes:

Perhaps the Industry should be canvassed on suitable replacements, rather than leaving the decision to "experts"...?

Agreed, but perhaps the industry should be restructured to allow private initiatives like small start ups. Support with funding and discounted advertising or marketing assistance like access to marketing databases. Never could understand why this preoccupation with one person at the top. Bit like the old communist system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beck"s said:

Dont they know how to spin the bullshit lines...they are all a bred of dysfunctionals... Theres another guy ? Woodham from the TAB that Des C has had on his Sunday show... Hes full of BS too...I respect Des C but even he gets swept up in the guys BS flowing from his mouth like a vacuum cleaner saleswomen 

Just like he did with the Dream Team of Bayliss, Saunders and the marketing bed warmer...:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if our industry our lobbying any suitable candidates from within the industry for this position? We have them - I can think of two or three just off the top of my head but unsure of their availability. It would just make sense that we appoint someone that we want in that position, that would have public endorsement from the Trainers Breeders and Owners Associations and other influential individuals/groups. That we become more involved politically given it is election year as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Midget said:

Just for a change why don't they appoint a racing person....I know it's an old fashioned view but a genuine racing person would be just fine by me.

Because he or she would expose the idiots already there and they would loose their fat salary....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this