RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Maybe some good news

The mind boggles as to who they find to replace Snow White.Most successful businesses have succession planning as part of their business plan although one could not say NZTR is a successful business per sa. Notwithstanding, internal candidates might:

General Managers

James Dunne
GM Legal & Corporate
(inc. Company Secretary)

Tel +64 4 576 6270
james.dunne@nzracing.co.nz
Campbell Moncur
Deputy Chief Executive
GM Racing Club partnership Programme

Tel +64 4 576 6247
Mobile +64 27 704 8511
campbell.moncur@nzracing.co.nz
Matthew Hall
GM Racing and Handicapping
Tel +64 4 576 6249
Mobile +64 21 587 729
matthew.hall@nzracing.co.nz
Karen Larsen
GM Finance & IT
Tel +64 4 576 6260
karen.larsen@nzracing.co.nz

Martin Burns
GM Commercial & Strategy
Tel +64 4 576 6276
Mobile +64 27 511 0348
martin.burns@nzracing.co.nz

And a roughie  David Jewel

I wouldn't bother to interview anyone who hasn't raced a majority share in at least a dozen horses in the last three years, or alternatively, didn't have experience in international racing, sports and event management.

I'd also steer right away from old, pale & stale males.

Gary Woodham has too many self-interests to be an effective leader. He seems to spend more time in Christchurch looking after his ownership interests (wonder who pays for those trips). His appointments of former colleagues into key leadership roles is astounding to say the least, but at least its guaranteed himself a seat at the top tables.. boxing, racing and no doubt soon rugby to name a few.   When he cannot get the job done he brings in the consultants who fleece the company for all sorts of projects and then walk away with no accountability.   Woodham is the one that should be accountable for the exuberant expenditure on ELEVEN – where are the results Gary….

16 minutes ago, Midget said:

I wouldn't bother to interview anyone who hasn't raced a majority share in at least a dozen horses in the last three years, or alternatively, didn't have experience in international racing, sports and event management.

Hopefully not shares in 90 odd either!!

19 minutes ago, Wok Belly said:

Gary Woodham has too many self-interests to be an effective leader. He seems to spend more time in Christchurch looking after his ownership interests (wonder who pays for those trips). His appointments of former colleagues into key leadership roles is astounding to say the least, but at least its guaranteed himself a seat at the top tables.. boxing, racing and no doubt soon rugby to name a few.   When he cannot get the job done he brings in the consultants who fleece the company for all sorts of projects and then walk away with no accountability.   Woodham is the one that should be accountable for the exuberant expenditure on ELEVEN – where are the results Gary….

You're clearly on the inside because that's exactly what I'm told, he's referred to by his colleagues as FROG, because he employs Friends and Relatives Of Gary.

Look boys ...I have employed over 100 people for companies over the last 20 odd years and I could tell from the first 5 minutes of hearing him ( Woodham ) on DCs sunday racing programme that he was a  " YES MAN .." Sad thing DC who I hold in high regard was mezmorized by the flow of BS that he came out with...  

6 hours ago, Midget said:

Your top pick based on that criteria is who Midget??

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Your top pick based on that criteria is who Midget??

Dean McKenzie maybe...but I'm sure there are numerous others well qualified who'll be under consideration and have qualities unknown to me.

I agree also - that's who I had in mind as well. There are a couple of others as well but someone in the movement needs to be in contact with some preferred applicants, check if available and keen - then the industry needs to lobby around and have endorsements from our relevant associations and heavyweights to ensure we flex some muscle and get the right person in the job.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

McKenzie would be an obvious contender but would he be interested in reporting to a board who effectively got rid of him when he took the Addington job using some sort of conflict of interest excuse.

Those who "got rid of him" are long gone or in the process of going.

22 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

McKenzie is well qualified, extremely competent, presents well, is unstained by past controversies and has a good deal of experience in the game

ie he hasn't got a hope of getting it

Thats probably what current employees are hoping as well. Additionally, isn't it the board who decides the strategy and who have left us in the current woeful state.