RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Race fixing allegations

7 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Why announce such an event without fuller details i.e which code is being investigated. Just about sums up Goodber, failure at NZMT and now RIU IMHO.

The media don't need facts or basic details to write a story, they assume that hits on a story mean they are doing a great job and that's what the public like. 

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Question .    Racing and harness.

If there is collusion as to who gets an uncontested lead is that race fixing?

Has been the case for years in harness with the dominant stables but nothing ever done about it. Just ask Neil Brady. BTW--where is Neil these days? He was the epitome of a hard-working grafter.

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

Has been the case for years in harness with the dominant stables but nothing ever done about it. Just ask Neil Brady. BTW--where is Neil these days? He was the epitome of a hard-working grafter.

Has been in Oz for years now Chevy.

One of our greatest ever jockeys told me over 50 years ago 'you don't need to 'pull' a horse, you just need to settle it in a hopeless or tight position or be slow away and get clear late.'  Riding to get beaten is fixing to a degree I guess but of course there are cameras able to see every move these days plus we now have a number of exotic betting options to be considered also.

Yes and i thought he came across very badly.

As the head of the RIU,i DO NOT HAVE HAVE TO MUCH CONFIDENCE IN HIS LEADERSHIP.

It was him that allowed the frivolous charges against me and Gary Vile to proceed,even though he was told that the charges laid against me had little hope of succeeding.and then the RIU had the audacity to close Awapuni for safety reasons,exactly what the charges laid against me steamed from.Just incompetence in my view,but no accountability has to be given or expected by the RIU.

SNR

4 minutes ago, Midget said:

Yes and i thought he came across very badly.

As the head of the RIU,i DO NOT HAVE HAVE TO MUCH CONFIDENCE IN HIS LEADERSHIP.

It was him that allowed the frivolous charges against me and Gary Vile to proceed,even though he was told that the charges laid against me had little hope of succeeding.and then the RIU had the audacity to close Awapuni for safety reasons,exactly what the charges laid against me steamed from.Just incompetence in my view,but no accountability has to be given or expected by the RIU.

SNR

Once a failure always a you know what i mean

Mike spoke about a race fixing charge at a harness meeting in Queensland in an effort to deflect the hard questions about the pending NZ case. Mike is a hell of a nice guy but will go down in racing history as being totally indecisive.