RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chevy86

Lucky Veitchy!

I see in his Sunday Herald article that Veitchy has bought into a syndicate and "David Ellis will now train my filly Fastnet Rock". Must have cost a small fortune for share of the transexual animal. Great to get new owners involved, especially those that command media coverage but they need to be protected from their own ignorance with a little schooling on the machinations of the horse industry.

9 hours ago, chevy86 said:

I see in his Sunday Herald article that Veitchy has bought into a syndicate and "David Ellis will now train my filly Fastnet Rock". Must have cost a small fortune for share of the transexual animal. Great to get new owners involved, especially those that command media coverage but they need to be protected from their own ignorance with a little schooling on the machinations of the horse industry.

Wouldn't think he paid full price if anything for the share. 

I think Vetichy will provide plenty of publicity with this.  For his faults, one if them is not lack of enthusiasm.  I could just imagine his radio show on a Sunday if he had a winner the Saturday before.

How cares that he said the horse is to be trained by Dave Ellis.  How cares that the comments editor called Consensus a he instead of a she, these comments are just for Joe Public not form analysts.  We can't expect new people to be fully informed from day 1, that comes with time when the appreciate and start to love the game.

Guest 2Admin2
49 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I think Vetichy will provide plenty of publicity with this.  For his faults, one if them is not lack of enthusiasm.  I could just imagine his radio show on a Sunday if he had a winner the Saturday before.

How cares that he said the horse is to be trained by Dave Ellis.  How cares that the comments editor called Consensus a he instead of a she, these comments are just for Joe Public not form analysts.  We can't expect new people to be fully informed from day 1, that comes with time when the appreciate and start to love the game.

All good and fine marketing for getting someone to own a horse.  However equally if it turns to custard or the horse doesn't perform and assuming that Veitchy is actually paying for the privilege of being an owner than he Sunday show will be just as interesting.

I doubt though that it would had to increased punter participation i.e. increase in TAB generated revenue unless Veitchy is a mega punter of course.  With regard to the Consensus misinformation we should all care about inaccurate information being published to those who are the source of most of our revenue.

54 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I doubt though that it would had to increased punter participation i.e. increase in TAB generated revenue unless Veitchy is a mega punter of course.  

He's got 204,000 followers on facebook alone I don't think that s bad thing for punter participation.  I would doubt he's paying for the share just with the way it has all come about but I don't know that.

Guest 2Admin2
57 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

We are moaning about Vetichy's article.  We are moaning about racing being on Prime.  We never stop moaning.  Worse than farmers!!

We "moan", as you put it, about things that are not doing a jot to improve the lot of the real stakeholders.  Rome burns, Veitchy fiddles.  Actually that's not fair on Veitchy as he isn't even close to being Nero!  

Incidentally how will 204,000 followers on Veitchy's facebook page link to more revenue?  

We need good publicity, if this horse goes ok Vetichy will be that excited you just might see a couple more get involved to feel the same buzz.  Just maybe.

Vetichy has already said he will let us know if it is a dud.  So he seems to have his expectations in order.

You have ALL missed the point! My posting is about an article WRITTEN by Veitchy which is an extension of the appalling inaccuracies enveloping our sport, and reporting in general. Here we have someone new to racing who does not have a bloody clue about what he has been seduced into.

1.He thinks he has bought a share of a filly called Fastnet Rock. Even includes a photo of the filly with the name below.

2. He thinks it is being trained by David Ellis, not realising Ellis is really the accountant.

3. Fastnet Rock is a stallion, not a filly.

4. Veitchy no doubt thinks it will line up at Alexandra Park or the Manukau Dog Track.

It is not something I am "moaning" about, it is almost laughable that someone could be so slack with their due diligence..

I do however lament the slide of business and journalistic standards where reportage of things such as race times are obviously left to desk jockeys who have not one iota of racing knowledge, which would alert them to their mistakes.

I wish him all the best with the horse, I just hope he opens his eyes a bit more before opening his wallet.

Guest 2Admin2
14 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

We need good publicity, if this horse goes ok Vetichy will be that excited you just might see a couple more get involved to feel the same buzz.  Just maybe.

Vetichy has already said he will let us know if it is a dud.  So he seems to have his expectations in order.

Getting people involved in ownership to "feel the buzz" is all well and good I just wish those that do all the marketing and hype would put their not inconsiderable weight and resources into bringing about some much needed changes.  I don't mind the little stakeholders moaning and not doing anything about it as they have no power.  What I do have an issue with is the big boys having a moan and not doing anything about it but then are happy to spin a story to relieve yet another newbie owner of their hard earned.

41 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

A lot of people out their think Vetichy is a dud.

He was told on radio yesterday by DE that it is being aimed to start Karaka Millions and if a dud has good residual value as a broodmare.

The cost is $75 a week, no mention of vets bills, transport etc etc.

I hope Tony can handle a failure postively, I hope it goes well for him he will talk about it alot.

2 hours ago, chevy86 said:

You have ALL missed the point! My posting is about an article WRITTEN by Veitchy which is an extension of the appalling inaccuracies enveloping our sport, and reporting in general. Here we have someone new to racing who does not have a bloody clue about what he has been seduced into.

1.He thinks he has bought a share of a filly called Fastnet Rock. Even includes a photo of the filly with the name below.

2. He thinks it is being trained by David Ellis, not realising Ellis is really the accountant.

3. Fastnet Rock is a stallion, not a filly.

4. Veitchy no doubt thinks it will line up at Alexandra Park or the Manukau Dog Track.

It is not something I am "moaning" about, it is almost laughable that someone could be so slack with their due diligence..

I do however lament the slide of business and journalistic standards where reportage of things such as race times are obviously left to desk jockeys who have not one iota of racing knowledge, which would alert them to their mistakes.

I wish him all the best with the horse, I just hope he opens his eyes a bit more before opening his wallet.

I haven't read the article but In an earlier video posted by him to his facebook page, he referred to the horse as a we filly that was out of fast net rock and that it hadn't been named yet and that the syndicate was being run by David Ellis and his team. 

17 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

I haven't read the article but In an earlier video posted by him to his facebook page, he referred to the horse as a we filly that was out of fast net rock and that it hadn't been named yet and that the syndicate was being run by David Ellis and his team. 

Well that's a f--k up as well Tooltime--Fastnet Rock lacking a uterus last time I checked!

32 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Well that's a f--k up as well Tooltime--Fastnet Rock lacking a uterus last time I checked!

Why focus on the negative in his statements ? He's offering your industry which is battling for positive mainstream exposure to new owners and punters, as I said before the guy has over 200,000 face book followers why focus on what he getting wrong or the negatives? Look at what the positives are and how you can help to fix the negatives.

21 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

Why focus on the negative in his statements ? He's offering your industry which is battling for positive mainstream exposure to new owners and punters, as I said before the guy has over 200,000 face book followers why focus on what he getting wrong or the negatives? Look at what the positives are and how you can help to fix the negatives.

So Veitch has only joined the ownership ranks out of altruism towards the struggling racing industry. Give me a break--he is taking a punt for personal gratification. 

I am merely grappling with the seeming acceptance of rubbish accuracy standards in society.

26 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

So Veitch has only joined the ownership ranks out of altruism towards the struggling racing industry. Give me a break--he is taking a punt for personal gratification. 

I am merely grappling with the seeming acceptance of rubbish accuracy standards in society.

Id say any publicity is good publicity when you are dealing with an industry that is facing compression at every turn. Yes, the article could have reported the facts more accurately but surely the exposure and potential upside if the nag turns out to be any good outweigh the lack of journalistic accuracy! Sometimes, when reading this site, I do wonder if certain detractors would ever be happy.... the powers that be could announce a 500% increase in all stakes but some cafers would be complaining about the day it was delivered on or the suit that the announcer was wearing.

30 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

I'm not sure why you would draw that conclusion out of what I said,

What is not good about his excitement in his video which has a potential audience of 200,000 people and positive mainstream media exposure? I accept his knowledge maybe lacking as a lot of people's would be when they first get involved in racing.

On 2/12/2017 at 8:19 AM, chevy86 said:

Great to get new owners involved, especially those that command media coverage 

4 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Negativity???? I think not but the reporting accuracy is laughable.

43 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

I'm not sure why you would draw that conclusion out of what I said,

What is not good about his excitement in his video which has a potential audience of 200,000 people and positive mainstream media exposure? I accept his knowledge maybe lacking as a lot of people's would be when they first get involved in racing.

Why would you get involved with racing if you are lacking the knowledge.

Sounds very much like the people who invested in the NZX prior to 87.

Racing and the sharemarket are littered with the carcasses of many first timers.

Me,carrying a bucket and spade is all i wanted,not interested in stepping up to the giddy heights of ownership.