RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
racetrackringo

Mark Mcnamara

5 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You are the only one starting that rumor

on here maybe, but i am aware through a friend of mine who works for Racing Victoria Mark Mcnamara has been talked about very highly and a possible contender to replace Greg Miles. So don't know if he is chasing it or not but I know the position was advertised recently and i'm sure  as an ex aussie he would aspire to calling the Melbourne cup and a man of his quality he would do a great job

I hope he is here for another couple of years but the simple reality is Melbourne will get him and if it was to be tomorrow (and my info says it is) so be it - an amazing caller - accurate- quick - deliberate - photo finish perfect - doesn't eat sausage rolls - a  racing man

No brainer - he  is gone

1 hour ago, turny said:

I hope he is here for another couple of years but the simple reality is Melbourne will get him and if it was to be tomorrow (and my info says it is) so be it - an amazing caller - accurate- quick - deliberate - photo finish perfect - doesn't eat sausage rolls - a  racing man

No brainer - he  is gone

So you have heard the same info I have that he is in contention for the greg miles job?

11 hours ago, Insider said:

I hope that he gets the job as I actually prefer the NZ accent for our race calling. 

Really ?? Bit weird that one - he has a great voice and is the best running round here by a distance. Personally I dont care where he is from if he is great at what he does.

We will miss him if the rumours are true

Not unexpected that he would aspire to a job like that is it? Even if he is a harness man primarily. Good luck to the guy if he does get it  - seems a great bloke and above all an excellent caller. Another loss for NZ Racing though but in Matt Cross an excellent replacement.  Just hope she  it comes to NZ Cup week they do not import someone for the big days like they did with Tom Wood. That would be a a bit more challenging with the Trots as well.

4 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

Hell yeah..the best around by a country mile IMO.

Be very sad if we lost him, but all the best to him if that happens.

Just makes the treatment of Tom Wood even sillier.  Idiots.

No need to worry, George will pop down and do Cup Week as well.

Plenty to choose from - Jason, Aaron, Davey, um um um oh yes George.   Not much "experience" around is there, can see Matt going south but not Christchurch yet.    Trevor's thoughts known, but really no serious prospects from the kennels, so left field here we come - oh yes another name for "leftfield" is Australia. 

13 minutes ago, eljay said:

Plenty to choose from - Jason, Aaron, Davey, um um um oh yes George.   Not much "experience" around is there, can see Matt going south but not Christchurch yet.    Trevor's thoughts known, but really no serious prospects from the kennels, so left field here we come - oh yes another name for "leftfield" is Australia. 

If M Mac goes Matt Cross will get Canterbury.  He is going great guns and is the logical choice.

But lets be clear this is all supposition - he hasn't gone yet nor do we have any real proof he is even interested in departing.