RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Whyisit

New Record at New Plymouth

3 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

Old record held by Bonjour 1.49  smashed today in the first 1.45.7      Those two horses should have been in the Herbie Dyke   

Whyisntit! Says the time was 1.51.00 on TAB website results. You must have clicked too soon!

4 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Whyisntit! Says the time was 1.51.00 on TAB website results. You must have clicked too soon!

I checked on TAB before I posted it was 1.45.07  because I saw the results on TV and the time was 1.45 something .Ive been backed up by others posting .

Faulty time keeping ain't the only problems at New Plymouth yesterday because there were insufficient tote operators I was forced to use one of those stupid stand alone machines. Put my money in and machine crashed. Had to wait while a technician arrived to sort the problem. He simply said I never put any money in and when they balanced the machine if they are over I will get repaid and then next door the same thing happened. Utter shambolic PR experience. Then I was told that the club intends to run an entire meeting using only three of these idiot things. Yes only three no other facility open and definitely no cash payouts.Memo to club please make sure you advertise when this is going to happen , so I can bet somewhere else.It is a pity that what use to be a go ahead outfit is now doing its best to join the mediocrity that is NZ racing experience. 

I actually like the idea of the stand alone machines, they're good if you know how to use them properly. But they have their damn technical issues as mentioned, and the other thing is - how will people be able to cash out their tickets if there's little to no operators. The answer probably will be: you can't cash out, WE WANT ALL YOUR MONEY.

I don't think it's that bad an idea if the machines are reliable.

Was at the Arlington Million last year along with 30,000 others and got in a short queue to have a bet. When I got to the front expecting a live operator, I was confronted by a machine. Took me a minute or two to work it out but got my bet on and used them the rest of the day. Made a few bob and only got in the live operator line to cash out at the end of the day.

Fortunately they had real people serving the beer!

I've been harping on about the timekeeping of NZ racing for a long time. Surely there should be something built into the software which advises something along the lines of 'Wait, this time doesn't seem right. Lets check it.' when there is a time far faster or slower than what is expected. Punters should be able to rely on the data in formguides as being accurate, otherwise confidence flies out the window, along with their misplaced cash on dodgy info.

Not rocket science is it Pete, 1.45 1800s are Secreteriat territory, the 1.55 1800s are of more interest as these gems normally require a 1.20 opening 1200m which excentuates a lack of riding skill or ignorance, particularly if one of those beaten normally walks them like  the  pied piper 

1 hour ago, Peter Harrop said:

I've been harping on about the timekeeping of NZ racing for a long time. Surely there should be something built into the software which advises something along the lines of 'Wait, this time doesn't seem right. Lets check it.' when there is a time far faster or slower than what is expected. Punters should be able to rely on the data in formguides as being accurate, otherwise confidence flies out the window, along with their misplaced cash on dodgy info.

It could help if the judge had an up to date list of record times of each distance run on each course  my ear pricked up when the Judge called the time out at 1.45.07.  It should be second nature to a judge to pick upon such a big variance. But you are right about the rest of what you say  about the software.