RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
racetrackringo

George Simon

3 hours ago, Beck"s said:

George cant carry the load as good as he is.... hes not a young man ... T L would be great or bring back Hauby 

George is doing a fantastic job alright! Here there and everywhere atm.

Maybe a sniff of gin under haubie's nose will have him back in the box, And yes, He was a talent!

31 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

They should be going for fresh talent not old talent. 

Will be putting the mute button into action at the finish as all he does is scream.

Greg Miles doesn't scream the arse out of the speaker does he? Quality 

Big call to bag Tony Lee's commentating!  

I am not the only one who has that opinion but I just like to be able to understand what is going on at a finish, McNamara is great is brilliant at that - not going over the top

everyone has an opinion, like arse*oles - everyone has them

5 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

I am not the only one who has that opinion but I just like to be able to understand what is going on at a finish, McNamara is great is brilliant at that - not going over the top

everyone has an opinion, like arse*oles - everyone has them

Well your mother certainly had one

12 hours ago, trymebest said:

George is doing a fantastic job alright! Here there and everywhere atm.

Maybe a sniff of gin under haubie's nose will have him back in the box, And yes, He was a talent!

Red is Haubys  tipple....Went to an open day at Byerley Park... a few years back and he was the MC...Laugh a minute !!

When kids up north he used to cut our hair...but would duck away half way through the cut to listen to a race..

4 hours ago, Beck"s said:

Red is Haubys  tipple....Went to an open day at Byerley Park... a few years back and he was the MC...Laugh a minute !!

When kids up north he used to cut our hair...but would duck away half way through the cut to listen to a race..

Was that the barber shop near Fifis coffee bar with a photo of  Bob Tait's horse ROYAL FAIR on the wall ?

40 minutes ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

Was that the barber shop near Fifis coffee bar with a photo of  Bob Tait's horse ROYAL FAIR on the wall ?

Yes thats the one... with the railway line overhead ... he would get p....t off if the train came through at the same time a race was on.. Bobs long gone... but never forget when they used to have a 2 day meeting at Kensington Park ,Friday and Saturday... he had a horse run dead last on the Friday backed up the following day and won..No RIU back then !!!     

2 hours ago, Beck"s said:

Yes thats the one... with the railway line overhead ... he would get p....t off if the train came through at the same time a race was on.. Bobs long gone... but never forget when they used to have a 2 day meeting at Kensington Park ,Friday and Saturday... he had a horse run dead last on the Friday backed up the following day and won..No RIU back then !!!     

As a kid while waiting for a haircut I would gaze at Royal Fair ( Alpheus-Valda Fair ) trained by K J Cunningham

Edited by Poisoned Dwarf
spelling errors

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

Well it seems like the worst kept secret has come out.Tony Lee has been appointed the role of CD commentator.Just read on theinformant website that his first gig is next Thursday at the Bay.

I will be there! Hopefully my horse too!

On 23/02/2017 at 10:23 PM, jasonmccook1 said:

They need to stop pissing around and announce it sounds like worse kept secret out.

Jason I heard what I presume is your brother(Dan is it?) at the Christchurch greyhounds yesterday. Sounds bloody good and will be a handy addition to the ranks.

1 hour ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Jason I heard what I presume is your brother(Dan is it?) at the Christchurch greyhounds yesterday. Sounds bloody good and will be a handy addition to the ranks.

Andy  is his name and yes he is my brother so wrapt for him he has worked hard and reaping the rewards. He is doing chch Tuesday and Friday next week  while trev is away. Racing board in a good position having 3 commentators under 30 on the books (andy, Matt cross and Matt gardener) so get at least 30 years out of them as long as nz racing can keep them onshore.

Which you would hope with the current commentators ages they need young talent 

32 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Andy  is his name and yes he is my brother so wrapt for him he has worked hard and reaping the rewards. He is doing chch Tuesday and Friday next week  while trev is away. Racing board in a good position having 3 commentators under 30 on the books (andy, Matt cross and Matt gardener) so get at least 30 years out of them as long as nz racing can keep them onshore.

Which you would hope with the current commentators ages they need young talent 

But they also need to show faith in them... not like what they did to Tom Wood.

What did happen to Tom...was it because he didnt get to the call the big days ?? I thought he was very good...I did recall him saying that on his last raceday call he went to use the company cell phone and post last race it was cut off... Poor form by his employer  !!!