RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
racetrackringo

George Simon

3 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Interesting comment on channel 2 - who's it referring to?

"To the beaten brigade, maybe a timely reminder that you don't bag your colleagues or other aspects of the industry, such as handicapping, when in the role of commentator. I guess though, some just can't help themselves."

who said this?

25 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

George needs to try and wean himself off the Logan stable. His love-affair with Donna's team diminishes an objective assessment of race performance. Support them in private by all means .

Come on, its good to have somebody with passion doing his job.

Who really bloody cares, George is good but hes not god, he can't control the outcome of the race with his calling.

I don't know George's age but it may be the inevitable, and unavoidable, decline in short term memory - the reduced ability to recall recent events whereas recall of things 30 years ago remains good. Thus, we may hear; 'and then, followed further back in the field, next by .....', as one fills in while trying to recall names. Will happen to all of us.

e.g. The Wellington Cup of 1983 was won by Kiwi. Did I just put sugar in my coffee?

30 minutes ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

I don't know George's age but it may be the inevitable, and unavoidable, decline in short term memory - the reduced ability to recall recent events whereas recall of things 30 years ago remains good. Thus, we may hear; 'and then, followed further back in the field, next by .....', as one fills in while trying to recall names. Will happen to all of us.

e.g. The Wellington Cup of 1983 was won by Kiwi. Did I just put sugar in my coffee?

I walked with him out to his car tonight and he was bloody shagged after a full on working week.

He is a top bloke and a super caller, cut him some slack.

& besides we all make some f--k ups in our jobs at times or become repetitive in the things we say.

32 minutes ago, barryb said:

Come on, its good to have somebody with passion doing his job.

Who really bloody cares, George is good but hes not god, he can't control the outcome of the race with his calling.

What a bizarre post bazza. Not questioning his passion, just his bias re the Logan stable when objectivity should be paramount. I posted earlier that George needs to lessen the workload in favour of accuracy which somehow you interpreted as "having a crack" If he is so "shagged", make the call and seek relief. There are many capable callers, Bruce Sherwin as an example.

1 minute ago, chevy86 said:

What a bizarre post bazza. Not questioning his passion, just his bias re the Logan stable when objectivity should be paramount. I posted earlier that George needs to lessen the workload in favour of accuracy which somehow you interpreted as "having a crack" If he is so "shagged", make the call and seek relief. There are many capable callers, Bruce Sherwin as an example.

I have not noticed his bias, if it supposedly exists.

Mind you I don't sit there analysing every word that's said, I am just interested in hearing where my bet is in the running and being entertained by him at the finish.

& on those accounts he does a bloody good job. 

38 minutes ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

Beating Maurita and Greg Childs by a nose :( and then going on to win the Melbourne Cup the same year.  

The Heineken has kicked in.:D

12 minutes ago, barryb said:

I walked with him out to his car tonight and he was bloody shagged after a full on working week.

He is a top bloke and a super caller, cut him some slack.

& besides we all make some f--k ups in our jobs at times or become repetitive in the things we say.

Called the Ellerslie twilight meeting on Wednesday, Te Aroha Thursday, New Plymouth Friday and Te Rapa today. Bloody good effort with the travelling thrown in.  

13 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

You really must have nothing to do to be nitpicking the race caller..???

1 minute ago, rdytdy said:

True. Mind you will have perked up a bit tonight though after Turn Me Loose put in a good run for second at Caulfield. ;)

Yes he was down and out of the box quick as to his car, to get home in time.

17 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

Someone called the Insider...seems to be in the know one would think

I hope that you are not referring to me. There is someone on the other channel called The Insider who is definitely NOT ME. 

Just clarifying!

Keith Haub and Reg Clapp were way to good, Not knocking the rest as it is a tough game but they're the benchmark from my perspective. Tony Lee was robbed. Reon no mug. Tyquin accurate(RIP) . Only my opinion,if they can paint an accurate picture for those listening on the radio it's all good:)

Like every other aspect of this industry you get a range from useful up to outstanding.

We're lucky to have three or four who fit the category of outstanding, clearly George, T. Lee and Mark Mac are outstanding, that's impressive for a small country I'd have thought, and there's a layer of very talented individuals right below them.

We're well served for commentators IMO.