RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
racetrackringo

George Simon

4 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Not a hell of a lot of travel involved if you work from home?

And if he is an employee in the eyes of the IRD then very limited expenses are claimable and that does not include travel.

The point being if your regular base for work is deemed home then the travel to where your working is deductible if you are self employed.

You are correct re the employee limitation.

Anyway we have got way off topic.

22 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

The point being if your regular base for work is deemed home then the travel to where your working is deductible if you are self employed.

You are correct re the employee limitation.

Anyway we have got way off topic.

You are right we have drifted off the topic - however having been in the game 30 years I will ask for tax advice if I need it thanks

52 minutes ago, racetrackringo said:

So @Toblerone what makes you presume that just because Teaz hasn't got the job that it is Tony Lee? according to an earlier post on this subject by @Midget he said there were only 2 applicants and i'd imagine Matt Cross was the other? so wouldnt that mean the job must be his

I'm not presuming anything. Tony Lee has the job. That is what makes me think he has the job. The fact that he does.

45 minutes ago, Midget said:

The drums are beating, they're saying the great T. Lee is back.

If it's true the hats off to the NZRB and Andy Kydd for a job well done.

Hope he is back, he is the best caller in the country... I hope they find somewhere for Jason if that is the case.

Sorry to say, but George is pretty rusty these days-- just watched the 3rd from New Plymouth and he was all over the place. Insisted on calling Miss Bondi as Miss Bondy, called it in about 7th or 8th after it finished close 4th after calling it How's that Girl most of the way up the straight.

Yesterday called Night's Watch as the winner straight after the race when it ran a clear third.

he is definitely struggling at the moment so time to lessen the work load in favour of accuracy George.

40 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Sorry to say, but George is pretty rusty these days-- just watched the 3rd from New Plymouth and he was all over the place. Insisted on calling Miss Bondi as Miss Bondy, called it in about 7th or 8th after it finished close 4th after calling it How's that Girl most of the way up the straight.

Yesterday called Night's Watch as the winner straight after the race when it ran a clear third.

he is definitely struggling at the moment so time to lessen the work load in favour of accuracy George.

George is welcome at Reefton any day.  Great commentator.  As is T Lee, M Cross, M MacNamara, J Teaz or any of them

G Purcell might not be so warmly received

If Tony Lee is back that's fantastic and no disrespect to Jason Teaz as he obviously still has a future elsewhere. 

For the TAB (NZRB) to do a reverse flip gives me hope that they will see the error of their ways  in some of their other stupid decision making. 

I invite others to suggest where they should reverse some of their other crazy decisions. 

But to start the ball rolling surely this is my second thought;

2) Reverse the Free to Air decision. 

P.S. 1) Is taking back on board the great Tony Lee.

Liz

4 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Go easy on him, hes travelling the North Island calling races this week. Was in the Wairarapa on Monday, Auckland Wed, Te Aroha Thurs, New Plymouth Fri and group action tomorrow at Te Rapa, that's a bloody good effort in anyone's book over a week. Cutting him a little slack over such a huge schedule is only fair.

Personally I think hes great to listen too.

13 hours ago, Toblerone said:

Sounds like Tony Lee is back.

How much substance to your information...?

Jason called the workouts up here for a long time before shifting to Southland to future his skills and to my opinion he is up with any commentators and deserves his dues, hopefully they promote him to call at premier meetings

If Tony Lee is back calling in the CD I don't think anyone will have a issue

7 hours ago, rangi said:

How much substance to your information...?

Jason called the workouts up here for a long time before shifting to Southland to future his skills and to my opinion he is up with any commentators and deserves his dues, hopefully they promote him to call at premier meetings

If Tony Lee is back calling in the CD I don't think anyone will have a issue

You're absolutely right, he is as good as anyone & his calls sound great. A very nice guy to boot as well. 

I agree that Jason Teaz is up with the best.I also like Bruce Sherwin and i say that because if you are listening to a radio commentary he tells you where your horse is in the running.

Talking about bringing talent back,i would love to see Sheldon Murtha back in the fold,he was up with the best in my opinion in the role of a presenter.

Snr

6 hours ago, Huey said:

You're absolutely right, he is as good as anyone & his calls sound great. A very nice guy to boot as well. 

Interesting comment on channel 2 - who's it referring to?

"To the beaten brigade, maybe a timely reminder that you don't bag your colleagues or other aspects of the industry, such as handicapping, when in the role of commentator. I guess though, some just can't help themselves."