RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

New low at Te Rapa

The food at Te Rapa is ok with the right purchase but today a new low with the mainstay of Hot Dogs and Chips gone and unable to be purchased from the traditional caravan which is history.

Thank Christ the ice cream van is still here to at least give the 50 people here some sort of treat.

I note the food prices have gone up since a few weeks ago as well. Just kick the last bit of shit out of the regular on track race goer to finish him off.

And that's not including some very sub standard riding as we all witnessed in R6. Mambo walked them in front before kicking on home turn. First 3 in running run 1,2,3. You have to wonder whether the Stipes will be making inquiries about the well fancied runners.

PS, Never had any bets in race

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

And that's not including some very sub standard riding as we all witnessed in R6. Mambo walked them in front before kicking on home turn. First 3 in running run 1,2,3. You have to wonder whether the Stipes will be making inquiries about the well fancied runners.

PS, Never had any bets in race

I was lucky enough to back Prince Mambo at fixed odds as well so I thought it was excellent riding on the other's part.

3 hours ago, barryb said:

The food at Te Rapa is ok with the right purchase but today a new low with the mainstay of Hot Dogs and Chips gone and unable to be purchased from the traditional caravan which is history.

Thank Christ the ice cream van is still here to at least give the 50 people here some sort of treat.

I note the food prices have gone up since a few weeks ago as well. Just kick the last bit of shit out of the regular on track race goer to finish him off.

barryb recently following a post of mine under the topic of "story on pokies" ,you called me a cronic defeatist ,adding that if we all gave up at a few handicaps in life.......

I don't think Ive ever commented on the 'hot dog and chips' let alone started a new topic ........maybe we should start a 'cronic defeatist' club !

I note you often quite negative re Te Rapa ?

Here's the difference TM, you don't have a sense of humour & have no idea when someone is having a lend mate.

Here's a suggestion, maybe Midget could put you at at his place for a week and I bet he would be able to loosen you up a fair bit. ;)

2 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

I was lucky enough to back Prince Mambo at fixed odds as well so I thought it was excellent riding on the other's part.

Well done sir, the next race was even more farcical. Those that backed Hall Of Fame had no chance the way the race panned out and the way he rode it. I might be wrong but the winner of that race has won the Derby 5 out of the last 6 years.Im picking it will be 5 out of 7 in a few months time.

You cant call what they have offered up at Te Rapa lately chips. They cook them then store them in a pie warmer for the rest of the day. They end up lukewarm and limp. For chips, theyve gotta be fried on the spot. Just like the caravans by the parade rings at Ellerslie and Avondale. A decent scoop of chips all adds to the experience :)

Peter, I know you are a regular at Te Rapa, the food is seriously below par isn't it?.

If you have been going for as long as we both have you know that chips and a hot dog are safe to eat, but shit would you eat a reheated pie from there?.

In fact i went to Te Teko last Monday and the food was fabulous, why cant a premier venue like Te Rapa get this most basic thing right.

14 minutes ago, barryb said:

Peter, I know you are a regular at Te Rapa, the food is seriously below par isn't it?.

If you have been going for as long as we both have you know that chips and a hot dog are safe to eat, but shit would you eat a reheated pie from there?.

In fact i went to Te Teko last Monday and the food was fabulous, why cant a premier venue like Te Rapa get this most basic thing right.

Racecourse food is basically a metaphor for the whole industry. Thinking crap that played 50 years ago still will is why we are where we are.

13 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Well done sir, the next race was even more farcical. Those that backed Hall Of Fame had no chance the way the race panned out and the way he rode it. I might be wrong but the winner of that race has won the Derby 5 out of the last 6 years.Im picking it will be 5 out of 7 in a few months time.

not knocking any of these horses.... but just like the punting propaganda that went with Xtravagant/Heroic Valour the same with Hall of Fame. I find it fascinating how/why the favourites are accounted on Te Akau. I find the Te Akau/DE brand machine just odd/weird/eccentric to see how DE was standing over Opie giving the COMMANDING PERFORMANCE instructions - Jamie Richards stepping right back. I felt Opie's body language just went 'off' even before the race started.

Sad, really.

Still, I got Prince M. - so that made the day.

Hmmm

Its no wonder no one goes to the races anymore.

Today i bought a cherry slice in the members $5.00, yep it was nice. 15 mins later we are down in the parade ring area where there is a cafe and I bought the exact same slice $3.50 to share with the Mrs who has gone walkabout earlier.

To my amazement everything was a fair bit cheaper than up in the members, WTF shouldn't it be the same price when only 50 mtrs apart? or better still the other way around for members.

Racing clubs please stop doing this sort of shit, the public have had a gutsful of getting it in the arse from you and its no wonder you could have fired a shotgun at Te Rapa and hit no one today.

Te Aroha's transferred meeting will see the new caterers at Te Rapa in action for the first time.

Hopefully the feedback has been taken on board and we see a significant improvement in quality and offering.

10 minutes ago, barryb said:

Te Aroha's transferred meeting will see the new caterers at Te Rapa in action for the first time.

Hopefully the feedback has been taken on board and we see a significant improvement in quality and offering.

Have the previous caterers sold out,had the rug pulled from them or just moved on.

From memory they had been there for years .

I have attended many functions at Te Rapa including 21sts,weddings 50th birthdays etc over the years and the catering always seemed to be ok but then i suppose you get what you pay for.

6 hours ago, barryb said:

New caterers have not started yet. So no you wont see them in action. 

Low today was the destroying of Naadirr, sad to see anyway, but shit sake they could have done a better job of it ffs.

When it got the needle it reared over backwards and was in full view of the public kicking its last bits of life, 100 mts past the finish line. Its a fact of life in racing I know but come on do a farking better job of it for fu-ks sake when in full view.