RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

RIU V G Ville

Just read the report from the JCA and the charge of misconduct has been dismissed against Gary and in my view the correct decision was given.

Gary was carrying a saddle and was asked by a Red Badge employee for his identification,is this guy thick,HE WOULD HAVE HA TO WALK PASSED ANOTHER EMPLOYEE TO GET INTO THE BIRDCAGE TO GET THE SADDLE?Yesterday whilst the crowd waited for 5 hours for the one day cricket to start a couple of patrons were asked to leave for starting a Mexican wave by the same outfit,can you believe this company would employ half wits?

So what did this wasted charge cost the industry?I would have a guess and say 40k,but the RIU are funded out of the Pokies so they do not worry about spending other peoples money,just continued wastage.

SNR

Just had a read of the report - what a bloody shambles.

Irrespective of the rights and wrongs - does no-one at the RIU have any common sense ? Why would they pursue this based on the evidence they had (well didn't have actually)

Waste of time and could have been settled on the day by someone getting the Red Badge fella and Vile in the same room and saying - "right lets be men about this and move on".

Unreal....

Guess with the work safe carry on these days it's not hard for everyone to carry and show ID just because it's Garry Vile doesn't mean he should get preferential treatment. Agree with  SNR though could of been sort out on the day with little fuss and agree Aaron it pretty inconsistent depending which course your on.

I've noticed the Red Badge security as 'brand' is over-using its powers (aggressively, some want to be intimidating) OR, employees don't have a clue about the principle of real safety.

another CD trainer (Trentham again) had teen-daughter doing the errands when she was stopped by RB personnel and not allowed through. So he (dad) came over to assist where personnel got intimidating/rude/ abusive & ready to report him. So he had to go to the office and get 'that' permission, and that person said you apologise to RB to make it okay for them! He did so, then RB calmed down and was alright about it. Thing is...could personnel not notice he had brain surgery recently, still in recovery mode needing help. Unbelievable.

So at Hastings the other day, a bundle of balloons floated down from the public-stand very close to the bird-cage. RB personnel stares into space at them. This is less than few minutes before horses are due. The balloons float about a bit - she still doesn't get it, does she. The breeze carries them along the public entrance and she then decides to dawdle off slower than a toddler. She didn't get them. Gave up.

Thing is Red Badge is gaining its bad publicity and giving the experience on race-course a bad image to, I feel.

May not be the intention but that is the result. 

Was at New Plymouth early spring sometime ?(don't think it was RB) but the security people there where offensive in several incidences. I can accept security may have a job....but some people training wouldn't go amiss, would it. It was like clearing customs/immigration at San Francisco airport and getting told-off and scanned by officialdom.

I am 59 years, well-dressed female, polite to people, TB member but not a puppet so I won't be going back for more.

There is that many balls ups in our industry, this being one of them.

Get NZTR to supply a protective swinger you can hang on your jacket , trousers or hand bag if your that way inclined, solution provided. 

Agree with Aaron, sometimes security is an overkill in our industry!

10 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

There is that many balls ups in our industry, this being one of them.

Get NZTR to supply a protective swinger you can hang on your jacket , trousers or hand bag if your that way inclined, solution provided. 

Agree with Aaron, sometimes security is an overkill in our industry!

you wouldn't believe it, but on the same day Gary Vile had his encounter I was wearing my ID in a clear plastic swinger attached to belt loop ( no handbag here ;) )and was confronted by the same Red Badge guy who told me in no uncertain terms - "wear your ID so that I can see it! "

Listening to the callers yesterday who had to wait for the Cricket to start at Napier the Red Bage security team were also being heavy handed even stopping people from doing a Mexican wave as they tried to keep themselves entertained for 7 hours . 

I was carrying a saddle and number cloth for a G1 runner and was refused admittance to the saddling area at Trentham by these clowns, and it took intervention by Des Coppins to resolve it.

The irony is that Trentham has the busiest bunch of stewards busy doing nothing useful raceday, other than telling each other how important they are as their club disintegrates into oblivion, but not one of those unproductive stewards has the nous or commitment to get down to the saddling area and stop the Red Badge idiots behaving in such an antagonistic and confrontational fashion.

Kind of sums that club up I'd have thought.

7 minutes ago, puha said:

Listening to the callers yesterday who had to wait for the Cricket to start at Napier the Red Bage security team were also being heavy handed even stopping people from doing a Mexican wave as they tried to keep themselves entertained for 7 hours . 

Puha - if Donald Trump had of seen the Mexican wave he would of had a wall built around the stadium ;)

4 minutes ago, Midget said:

The irony is that Trentham has the busiest bunch of stewards busy doing nothing useful raceday, other than telling each other how important they are as their club disintegrates into oblivion, but not one of those unproductive stewards has the nous or commitment to get down to the saddling area and stop the Red Badge idiots behaving in such an antagonistic and confrontational fashion.

these same stewards do get out there on the track the day after the races to 'tread back' don't they? Just like the smaller country clubs do. B)

I'm embroiled with the RIU at the momment, my hearing is adjourned for 3 weeks. Had a full day hearing on the 25th Jan at Addington. They flew the Chairman up from Dunedin. The RIU employed a solicitor to prosecute their case. This case is nowhere finished, and will be costing tens of thousands. No problem to the RIU, they have access to unlimited amounts of pokie money, and they sure no how to spend it. To be frank, they are out of control.

The Vile case is a complete WOFTAM up there with the Morton case. They had absolutely no evidence other than the word of the complainant which conflicted with Mr. Vile's. What were they thinking even going ahead?

The red badge are over the top at times. If you have a saddle no reason to show ID right? The case going that far is a waste of money time and resources. But in saying that woe betide anyone who challenges this trainers rep. I have seen the anger and threats. 

1 minute ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Heard RIU on trackside radio on Wednesday trying to justify it by a tale of a non trainer who would put a bridle of front seat of car and wave it to security to get a good park at the races. This would be isolated case I would say.

So how does the phantom trainer get admission to the weighing room to obtain a saddle from a jockey, and persuade a steward to issue him/her a saddlecloth ??

Apples w apples pleeeeeaaaassseeeeee......

For fucks sake, once upon a time, when I was able to wear a frilly dress there were thousands on course each and every Saturday yet we were able to go in and pat our horse, see it saddled and get a heads up from the trainer. 

Today with no one on course, we can't get in to see our horse, pat it or get the information from the trainer on how it might go. 

Instead we have to listen to the radio or watch Trackside to learn that it is a good chance and that every other prick will be on it too.

As I say, for fucks sake,  the worlds gone mad!

Bloody stupid. I was leading a horse around saddling enclosure at one meeting before  it came out and won.  Next meeting same track, different guy on gate. and wouldn't even let me in to talk to someone there.   At other times I've walked in without a badge and security guys haven't given  a toss.  You either have a rule or you don't, it shouldn't depend on the mood of whoever's there that day. 

Does anyone know what's happening with this?

For some reason the JCA concluded that tentatively, costs should lie where they fall and submissions were due last Friday (http://jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-g-vile-reserved-decision-dated-31-january-2017-chair-mr-t-utikere) .

I'm guessing that GV's legal costs alone would be in the vicinity of 5 grand, even if rumpole's piss poor representation came at mate's rates. After-all, he didn't have to get him off anything that there was any evidence for other than hearsay.

You'd think the Morton case would be a fair precedent for costs on this frivolity and that GV would get the majority of legal and witness costs similar to that. Of course, you have the RIU with limitless pokie funds contesting a nearly full day hearing that the respondent offered to resolve aside from that. The RIU of course succeed in financially punishing the respondent by persisting, even though they had no case and subsequently lost.

Rotten. I also understand that Godber may have authorised the RIU prosecution a day prior to the investigation interview with Mr. Vile by Mr. Irving on December 6th, i.e., before any investigation had been concluded. How crooked is that?

Nice work Rumpole and a very fair decision by the JCA about yet another frivolous case brought by the RIU.

It's a shame that no doubt leaves Gary still well out of pocket and thereby punished for having done nothing proven to be wrong.

So, this has maybe cost the RIU (and the industry) perhaps 10k?