RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Track-side Radio- Trainers

I would like to thank the trainers that contribute to trackside radio and take the time out of the day to inform listeners (like myself) how there  chargers are going. At the end of the day they don’t have to do this , and this provides good information for punters. I could not imagine how busy they would be on a raceday

Too many trainers to mention, but I would like to thank them all.  And after listening to many of them, I feel a connection to think well maybe I’d like to be a syndicate member or be an owner with many of these trainers one day, because of their professionalism

You can imagine what the Winder Brothers would have said in the old days if approached.  Old school......  I remember overhearing a conversation one day between a neighbour of Jack's and some other bloke. The neigbour remarked that  Jack  had said to him the any info on first starters esp was for the owners only and the public could more or less get f***** !    Different world today. 

How about the owners who want to have a punt on there charges to make a bit more than some of the winning stakes, only to have the trainer or scribes lowering their div, by talking their horse up, guess thats where the winders were coming from. But times have changed and if the owners don't mind, i guess its fine.

5 minutes ago, Shad said:

How about the owners who want to have a punt on there charges to make a bit more than some of the winning stakes, only to have the trainer or scribes lowering their div, by talking their horse up, guess thats where the winders were coming from. But times have changed and if the owners don't mind, i guess its fine.

Anyone listening to trainers tips are either already broke, stupid, or can't be bothered doing form properly. The majority of Jockeys and trainers are terrible tipsters IMO.

1 hour ago, jimbob said:

I would like to thank the trainers that contribute to trackside radio and take the time out of the day to inform listeners (like myself) how there  chargers are going. At the end of the day they don’t have to do this , and this provides good information for punters. I could not imagine how busy they would be on a raceday

Too many trainers to mention, but I would like to thank them all.  And after listening to many of them, I feel a connection to think well maybe I’d like to be a syndicate member or be an owner with many of these trainers one day, because of their professionalism

Thanks also to the wonderful Trainers/Jockeys and syndicate managers

that are interviewed by Des Coppins , Peter Early  and the new young gun Ryan.

Like Ted  (Rtdy) I write notes:

These amazing Trainers want us to be successful"

Recorded Quotes from Des Coppins interview

For Ellerslie on Sunday 29 January2017

Bob Autridge's and Gloria's son, Steve ,on Des Coppins radio show

R3 Heroic Valour  "will go forward..very fit"

R4 Foreigner.."drew in previous start..that was against his style...tonight

His Guineas future will be decided after today"

R5 Melody Belle  " Will go forward: very tough Filly: issues. She Can win".

Tony Pike :

R2. Chenille and Sacred Shot." I honestly can't split them .I dont know how good he is."

R3.Sacred Elixer " Set weights, He's a tough professional horse"

R4 Needle Point  " Its a huge jump in class...He can get a place at huge odds "

R5 Felton Road  "He  gets back,draw,......$20K purchase...."

R6 Sacred Rhythm "Held up and still won...very talented...Queensland Oaks "

I  LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY TO:

Sean Clotworthy, Brendon Hawtin

Sir Steve Autridge,Mr G Sanders,S Marsh,  Sir Graham Richardson

Tony Pike and master  Trainer s Ken and Bev Kelso.

I take notes. I get paid.

Terminating Pick sixes are the way to go.

A Horse Feed Company previously promoted  a weekly draw for Trainers that were interviewed. NRM ?

2 hours ago, Shad said:

Sometimes you could follow the money with them though,  esp any first starters well supported without trail form.  They were as astute as they come.  I remember picking out  a horse of Bill Winder's and Stu McKinnon's  at Thames. Had form of 70000,  couldn't believe it  when it opened at $ 5.50 not $ 55 as form would indicate  and bolted in with Bob Skelton aboard. 

Stephen Autridge spoke about the chances of  Abidwithme in the  mile. The information was flawless and I took $6.50 a place.  

I have huge respect for those trainers that who are HAPPY to share that information

5 hours ago, gubellini said:

Black Kirrama you left out Lee! Always informative and entertaining. Jim Pender provides good information when Tauranga races are being run. Michael Pitman outstanding as well.

Jim Pender, one of the good blokes. Interesting to chat with and straight up with his opinions. Truly one of the old school. 

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

I always look forward to the interviews with Kevin Myers. :D

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

I always look forward to the interviews with Kevin Myers. :D

He tends to talk too much!

5 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Fixed Odds and FF have made a significant difference bI would have thought.

Once the money's on you can broadcast a bit unlike the Winder and WW Townsend days. Ivan Tuvker was hard to follow as well.

That brings back memories,  was talking to a friend at the races  one day who was a bit incredulous.  Ivan Tucker's wife Bobbie ? came past him and asked  him what their horse was paying on tote. When he said around $ 20 she let out an oath or two and said they had  expected $ 40 and then told him   she would ensured horse got the strong arm treatment  from jockey  if they hadn't put the money on earlier at TAB,   All dead now so no harm in saying it, but ah fun and games in  the good old days.