RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Summer-Autumn Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

Well done John, Hesi, TC, Mike & Von on your comprehensive win today .... it doesn't come more comprehensive than 5-0 so an absolute drubbing for us guys. I can't recall the Blues having ever gone down 0-5 in PJ Super Comp history, maybe once possibly ...regrettably we picked the worst possible day to come up with not so much a de-planeing (sorry United Airlines, you're such an easy target) but more a de-winning !  We held our own on the NZ side of the operation, but to be honest Randwick had us completely flummoxed !

Absolutely worthy champions and Grand Final winners the Mighty Hurricanes. A top team effort for sure right through the comp. Other teams had individual heroes, but not through the five players. It's all about team and the Hurricanes encapsulated that perfectly.

Not all sad for the Mighty Blues ...2nd of 10 is a very worthy achievement, we've had a ton of fun, and my team-mates Geoff, Gordy, Pete and Brian have been superb. Looking forward to hooking up with you guys again in the Spring.

Mega-thanks to PJ for another super season of fun and enjoyment, to John as PJ's invaluable backup, and to all those many participants in the various teams who played with spirit and in the spirit, very well done, and thanks.

Onwards and upwards. Enjoy the rest of your Easter everyone.

GRAND FINAL DAY

Race 10 - Randwick R9

1st - 11 Kellyville Flyer W-$8.80

2nd - 10 Duca Valentinois Q-$29.20

scr: 14

subs: #1 then #10

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL 

5 THE HURRICANES $920.60 CHAMPIONS

0 THE BLUES $497.40 2nd

The Blues had conceded the match before the last in which they failed to score. Von Smallhausen fittingly got the final winner to cap his Man of the Match performance - an Arrowfield Cap is on it's way to him (PM me your postal address). Brian, who failed two score after the first two races was Blues MVP and this exemplified the match in which both sides began poorly but only the 'Canes managed to get any traction as the day went on. The last 7 races yielded just 4 collects for the Blues who choose the worst possible Saturday to have an off day. A huge CONGRATS to the HURRICANES on a very tactical Championship win. Commiserations to the Blues who got so far and fell at the last step.

107.80 Hesi

90.00 Pete

162.80 The Crucible

57.00 Gordy

57.00 John

0.00 Geoff

342.80 Von Smallhausen

223.00 Brian

250.00 Viceroy

194.40 Howie

3rd PLACE PLAYOFF 

3 THE FERDIES $1541.60 3rd 

2 THE BARBARIANS $871.40 4th

Despite drawing a blank in the last The Ferdies managed to hold on to secure 3rd place in the comp from a determined Barbarians outfit for whom Steve P made the final collect. His opponent and namesake Steve was a worthy Man of the Match managing 6 winners on a tricky day, just heading Barbarians MVP Ray. The Barbarians made excellent progress throughout the course of the comp and did well to finish so high. The Ferdies were left regretting last week's lapse as they would have most likely won the final today no matter which side they faced - the 'Canes or Blues...oh well. Thanks to my excellent team mates for a superb effort over the comp.

470.20 Steve

171.00 Steve P

157.00 Maurice

212.00 Sasha

269.00 PJ

67.00 Daniel/Rex

319.80 Bryan

0.00 Sir Castleton

325.60 Heather

421.40 Ray

5th PLACE PLAYOFF 

3 THE STAGS $1385.60 5th

2 THE SHARKS 1049.60 6th

After being behind since race two the Stags stole 5th place from the Sharks in the shadow of the post when Damion landed a beaut BB to nail Cam ! It was a tough blow for the Sharkies who were just holding the Stags at bay for most of the day. Isaac with his 18/1 BB was Man of the Match Mark edged out MoMo and Cam for Sharks MVP honours. The Stags made excellent progress to finish 5th after being a mile off the pace earlier in the comp

311.00 Damion

239.00 Cam

193.20 FWTB

231.00 MoMo

88.40 Kay

112.00 Rees

504.00 Isaac

200.20 Jason

289.00 Alan

267.40 Mark

7th PLACE PLAYOFF 

1 THE TURBOS $801.80 8th

4 THE CHIEFS $900.00 7th

The Chiefs had it won before the last which is just as well as they all missed with Turbo MVP Betty scoring the only win in the last. The Turbos twice took the lead and lost it twice but fought hard before the Waikato, led by Man of the Match Ian, prevailed. 

97.00 Moose

100.00 Jack

167.00 Rosina

226.20 Casper

0.00 Bryn

102.00 Catalano

184.80 Ted

361.60 Ian

265.00 Betty

110.00 Sylvia

THE WOODEN SPOON PLAYOFF: Awarded to THE CRUSADERS !

1 THE CRUSADERS $926.60 10th

4 THE KAURI KATS $1436.60 9th

The 'Saders rallied late with BBs from Geoff and Tom in the last but only Tom was able to pull a match back collaring Pam and securing Cantab MVP honours for himself. The Kats all missed in the last while Jen came good late in the com with a Match Star performance. So it's the Wooden Spoon heading to Christchurch which takes the pressure off for the Spring - I hope !

66.00 Richie

277.00 Sharne

212.00 Cubes

190.00 Sarah

184.60 Rob

496.00 Jen

288.00 Tom

251.60 Pam

176.00 Mr Gee

222.00 Graeme

A huge thanks to everyone for playing and playing fair. Makes my job a lot easier. Please note the Winter Comp (draft version) is now calling for entrants. 

STATS 

Best Scores
504.00 Isaac

496.00 Jen

470.20 Steve

421.40 Ray

361.80 Ian

Worst Scores 

57.00 John

57.00 Gordy

0.00 Bryn

0.00 Sir Castleton

0.00 Geoff

Most Wins

6 Steve

5 Betty

5 Jen

5 Heather

Most quinellas

2 Steve

2 Ian

2 Mark

Biggest Winning Margin
319.80 Bryan

0.00 Sir Castleton

Narrowest Winning Margin

100.00 Jack

97.00 Moose

Highest Losing Score

325.60 Heather (again !)

Lowest Winning Score
57.00 John

Firstly Congratulations to the Ferdies from a brow beaten Baa Baa's ,,,,, nice picking P J on a personal note ..... and once again thanks for helping me out when i was ill :)

To my Teamies thanks again for a valiant effort over the last two weeks with close 3 - 2 losses that could have been 3 - 2 wins but as the pundits say  "theres always tomorrow.

To all teams and players nice to have had such friendly feedback and great competition.

Finally have a nice wee rest Peter .... will catch up in the winter comp ..... HUGE THANKS.

Good job Sharkies , close match and could have gone either way.

MoMo, thanks for some inspired selecting, you obviously know more about the gallops than some of us./ all the best in London, nice place but wouldn't want to live there.

Thanks to my other Team mates, Mark, Jason, Cam, nice to have you on board.

Thnx PJ, another exciting comp, and another to come, look for a parcel in the post:)

2 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Good job Sharkies , close match and could have gone either way.

MoMo, thanks for some inspired selecting, you obviously know more about the gallops than some of us./ all the best in London, nice place but wouldn't want to live there.

Thanks to my other Team mates, Mark, Jason, Cam, nice to have you on board.

Thnx PJ, another exciting comp, and another to come, look for a parcel in the post:)

Sorry I dropped the ball and forgot to place picks a couple if times.  Children do that to you 

52 minutes ago, Right first time said:

Well done John, Hesi, TC, Mike & Von on your comprehensive win today .... it doesn't come more comprehensive than 5-0 so an absolute drubbing for us guys. I can't recall the Blues having ever gone down 0-5 in PJ Super Comp history, maybe once possibly ...regrettably we picked the worst possible day to come up with not so much a de-planeing (sorry United Airlines, you're such an easy target) but more a de-winning !  We held our own on the NZ side of the operation, but to be honest Randwick had us completely flummoxed !

Thanks Howie.  Always enjoy playing the Blues and you've had the wood on us the last few times, but today it was our turn for the breaks to go our way.  

Well done Canes - nice way to cap a good season.  The statisticians are going back through the record books to see if any team has won 11 straight to take out the title.

Mike & VS - outstanding comebacks today.  VS - three from three in the play-offs - that's clutch!!  Hesi & TC nice wins once again.   I've enjoyed playing with you guys and look forward to no doubt locking horns with a few of you in the Winter Comp - suspect we won't be able to draft this same team.

Peter - thanks - outstanding as always!!

Well done Stags.Mowed us down in the shadows of the post.Again!!Both of us would have gone OK in the BIG final by the looks.Well played all year team, didn't have a lot of luck.

Thanks Rees Jason Cam and MoMo/ Wrinkles.Good luck all of you with your future endeavours.

I get to keep the cap by the look of it.Extremely happy with Tivacis win

Arrivederci 

Yes and thanks PJ.Good effort again.

Brawl erupts at Eden Park as Hurricanes battle Blues

Multiple people were involved in the scuffle before police swooped in.
RORY O'SULLIVAN

Multiple people were involved in the scuffle before police swooped in.

As the Hurricanes were clawing their way to a win over the Blues, fists were flying in the stands at Auckland's Eden Park. 

A quarrel between a Blues fan and a Hurricanes fan escalated into a wider melee about 8.45pm.

11 hours ago, hesi said:

Thought you were having a party at your place Mark, or is it just you and Turdy in the hot tub together

It was a certainty troll number two would show up also. Dumb and Dumber as they are aka.

I prefer to call the shit talk couple the "Diarrhoea Duo"  aka as "Hisplop" or "Ploppy" & his little mate "The Squirt"

These two rsoles were well and truly exposed when caught with their pants down when changing the rules in a comp organized by Ploppy aided and abetted by Squirt. As much as they tried to get their shit together in denial, the change was in effect to alter the final result. However the indelible "skid marks" were there for all to see and a resultant stench left wafting about them. Highly unethical, with Squirt further tarnishing his unethical behavior by condoning a former Chief Handicapper's betting habits. Hardly surprising he is running a "Losers Competition" at present. :rolleyes:

Anyway Ploppy and Squirt, keep spraying away with your shit talk, after all, you are both absolutely full of it and we will continue to :lol::lol::lol: at you.  

Have a great day.

Big thanks to all Team Turbos for a great effort, we gave em' a run for the money early on...sign of good things to come..!!:)

Huge thanks to Peter.J. for the time, effort, enjoyment & professionalism he bring to us all in these great comps, thanks mate:)

See ya soon moose/virgil:)

THE FINAL MAGNIFICENT SEVEN FROM THE SUMMER-AUTUMN COMP

3707.20 Tom (Crusaders)

3144.60 Howie (Blues)

3009.00 Isaac (Stags)

2983.00 Steve (Ferdies)

2967.40 Catalano (Chiefs)

2947.60 The Crucible (Hurricanes)

2934.40 Viceroy (Hurricanes)