RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

The official agenda

26 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

It would be good if the pre-meeting questions put to John and Glenda could be posted here along with their answers.  

That would be nice. I'd hope that at least the sector groups would provide that feedback to members, and the selected clubs and NZTR to all other clubs if nothing else. There will probably be some leakage I imagine. They will obviously have to report widely if further action is required and they want to rally the troops.

Otherwise, it may be the usual mushroom management. Keep them in the dark and feed them shit.

After your comments maligning every party involved, and your curious behaviour in failing to at least support the initiative, I now find it staggering that you think any of the involved parties would or should share the consequences of the meeting with you Leggy !!!!

It's fairly obvious that no matter the result you'll just launch into a lacerating attack on all parties...again....

You are entitled to your opinion as to what I might do or say in response to the outcome of the meeting Midget. If I understand the Informant announcement correctly, the goals are not lofty, a better understanding and alignment between the RB and the TR industry bodies about the listed matters. I would hope that the former would be achieved at least to some degree. Not sure I'd expect much movement on the latter but then I may be surprised.

As far as cutting remarks are concerned, I'm pretty sure I can quickly find recent comments from you about most or all of the parties involved which well exceed any comments I may have made in their sharpness. My comments I think are intended to question the process and the credibility of the parties based on past performance. They are also aimed at making sense of the purpose of the process based on the available public information and the lack of the latter.

Going by other remarks on here and the likes on some of my posts, I don't think that I am alone.

Anyway, from your post, I take it we can expect the mushroom treatment, perhaps so the parties can avoid critique?

I will say this. If there is a positive outcome which leads to a rational way forward that seems likely to improve on the current one, I will be at the front of the queue to swing a leg over and get on board. I think you probably know that about me. If not, you can probably expect further critical comment.

Yet again you miss the point Leggy.

I'm not suggesting any party involved is to be applauded, or is without fault, what I'm saying is that I applaud the "initiative" and the fact they're finally flexing their muscles and doing something that could be constructive.

10 minutes ago, Midget said:

I'm not suggesting any party involved is to be applauded, or is without fault, what I'm saying is that I applaud the "initiative" and the fact they're finally flexing their muscles and doing something that could be constructive.

from your nearby stakeout what parties have you seen enter the building?

16 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

from your nearby stakeout what parties have you seen enter the building?

I've been far too busy to bother even wondering about it, but I'm sure every second person there at the races today will want to offer an opinion or an update.

I'll revert if there's anything credible.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

If that's the case, then I agree. I think any initiative is to be applauded, especially one that even begins to get the diverse interests of the parties somewhere close to on the same page. From that standpoint, it is a start.

I'm not sure though, cynical perhaps, when NZTR is making that start by contesting the NZRB decision to go with PP and Openbet for the FO platform after an extensive RFP process and what JA has reported as months of analysis of those. Obviously, that process is still subject to the design phase that is supposed to be underway this month and a comprehensive final proposal once that is concluded. I clearly don't have the information or the skills to assess that decision and possibly NZTR has more, hence their apparent preference for the TABCORP option.  I am also on record as questioning the rigor behind a number of other proposals in the RB SOI and agree with NZTR that those need fleshing out before they rely on them. Previous blind reliance on NZRB projections has been a major contributor to the position in which the TR industry now finds itself.

It's my opinion that outsourcing the FO business to an automated platform is the one good idea in their strategy that will provide returns quite quickly but without knowing the rationale for NZTR and perhaps the other parties for questioning the decision on the chosen partnership for that, I have to trust that the RB have made the best decision in line with their objectives in the SOI, that the costs are somewhere in line with the 30m in the budget for that and not 70m or 90m as has been suggested here, and that everyone came away from this morning's meeting with more clarity about that.

9 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Come in Midget - this is bullshit!

Midget told us all, Tony Pike is the man......well, Tony, I for one are waiting to hear from you as to the upward direction for all trainers, maybe Paul Belsham et al would welcome an announcement........some of us are pondering is it worth continuing, Hughes and co don't have my confidence, nothing has changed, nothing......I feel for all of us, what a joke, 'we'll discuss at our March 28 meeting, how many more will leave by then.......FFS.

For a bit there I thought yay maybe I can keep something I breed and race it = no...I hope there are some changes NZ Racing is in a sad way. Meeting on 28 March then probably another 3 months before anything done.....

I see that RACE didn't attend. Any wonder, they are in total disarray in my opinion. Maybe big Al couldn't get any leave from the wife with having had to travel to Wellington for the last four weekends. Bugger I hear him saying!