RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
racetrackringo

CD race caller

1 minute ago, rdytdy said:

Might not be too weird on second thoughts when a commentator who did selections for the Addington dogs today left out two of his own dogs who both won.

I heard Steve Davis and Bevan Sweeney giving him heaps about it after the second one won.    

I'm not getting how that comment has anything to do with my comment 

20 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

I'm not getting how that comment has anything to do with my comment 

It has nothing at all to do with your comment Jason.  I suspect our bitter & twisted friend has figured out the commentator is your brother and is putting the slipper in.

I watched a few races at Addington today and I thought your brother did a great job with his calls.  I also watched his quaddie preview before Race 2 and Steve Davis was quite condescending about the number of selections he made - turns out he was on the right track going wide in the first 3 legs and anchoring the winner in the last.  I thought he did well to laugh off Davis' jibes - can't be easy on live TV when you've got a big ego like that having a crack at you.  Good on him!

42 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

It has nothing at all to do with your comment Jason.  I suspect our bitter & twisted friend has figured out the commentator is your brother and is putting the slipper in.

I watched a few races at Addington today and I thought your brother did a great job with his calls.  I also watched his quaddie preview before Race 2 and Steve Davis was quite condescending about the number of selections he made - turns out he was on the right track going wide in the first 3 legs and anchoring the winner in the last.  I thought he did well to laugh off Davis' jibes - can't be easy on live TV when you've got a big ego like that having a crack at you.  Good on him!

Yes shame some people are just bitter and twisted and like to put the boot in. And yes 3 out of 4 in quaddie would of been legend if he put the field in leg 2. 

Very proud of him and as i have said in another post nz racing board is in a good position having 3 young commentators on the books. 

9 hours ago, The Crucible said:

No surprise that my comment would go right over the head of someone who's ethics are so low that they lay draped around his ankles. :rolleyes:

Seeing you two obviously lack knowledge and are not up with the play I will bring you up to speed. 

Following Gubes statement about Tony Lee not doing selections on RadioTrackside JM stated it was weird as it was part of the Racing Board.

Tony Lee has always been of the opinion that his role with the NZRB is that of a commentator only, not a tipster, and felt at times that there can be a conflict of interest between the two. This was one of the reasons with his fall out with them prior to his walking away. It would appear that if he is not doing pre-meeting tipping then he has a contract releasing him from that aspect in line with his conflict of interest view.

Hence my point re the commentator yesterday at the Addington dogs whom I had no idea of who he was as I have zero interest in the code at all and accordingly never watched a race down there and other than Peter Earley wouldn't have a clue who calls the dish licker races. I came inside to watch a race from Awapuni when I head Steve Davis giving some stick about the commentator not tipping out his dogs in four selections in races they both won. Bevan Sweeney also made mention of the commentator leaving his own dogs out.

The Addington situation yesterday is a perfect example of Tony Lee's point of view.

I will pre-empt and accept both of your apologies accordingly.   :) 

Great to hear the dulcet tones of one T Lee back in action behind the microphone where he should be. Peter Kelly was still the greatest for mine but T Lee is a first-class caller and I'm glad to hear he's back. I remember when he was just a young fella, standing on the roof of Hutt Park (outside the judge's box - I was the assistant judge) and he had a tape deck and was commentating the races and recording them. He was practising in the hope of becoming  commentator. Dedication!

10 hours ago, gubellini said:

Thanks Ted for clarifying Tony Lee's position. The situation makes sense to me now. 

You are welcome Gubes.

I note the two idiots didn't acknowledge the error of their ways, probably not wanting to accentuate their stupidity. :rolleyes:  

13 hours ago, rdytdy said:

No surprise that my comment would go right over the head of someone who's ethics are so low that they lay draped around his ankles. :rolleyes:

Seeing you two obviously lack knowledge and are not up with the play I will bring you up to speed. 

Following Gubes statement about Tony Lee not doing selections on RadioTrackside JM stated it was weird as it was part of the Racing Board.

Tony Lee has always been of the opinion that his role with the NZRB is that of a commentator only, not a tipster, and felt at times that there can be a conflict of interest between the two. This was one of the reasons with his fall out with them prior to his walking away. It would appear that if he is not doing pre-meeting tipping then he has a contract releasing him from that aspect in line with his conflict of interest view.

Hence my point re the commentator yesterday at the Addington dogs whom I had no idea of who he was as I have zero interest in the code at all and accordingly never watched a race down there and other than Peter Earley wouldn't have a clue who calls the dish licker races. I came inside to watch a race from Awapuni when I head Steve Davis giving some stick about the commentator not tipping out his dogs in four selections in races they both won. Bevan Sweeney also made mention of the commentator leaving his own dogs out.

The Addington situation yesterday is a perfect example of Tony Lee's point of view.

Don't be mischievous Ted. Tony Lee is in a position to throw his weight around(having well and truly earned the right) where Andy McCook is a young guy starting out and clearly has to toe the line. Whether he tips a winner or whether he does not his primary role is as a commentator and from the little I have heard of him he has started off very well. It's all very well to criticize but put yourself in his boots. You don't like it when people criticize the state of the Te Aroha track so cut this young guy some slack.

13 hours ago, rdytdy said:

I take offence being told I have low ethics.  My original comment said I thought both trackside radio and trackside tv were run by the same outfit so found it weird that contract was not including radio. Then you went on the rant about andy (whether you knew who he was or not). If your two posts were put together or started with your explanation might of made more sense.

1 hour ago, jasonmccook1 said:

I take offence being told I have low ethics.  My original comment said I thought both trackside radio and trackside tv were run by the same outfit so found it weird that contract was not including radio. Then you went on the rant about andy (whether you knew who he was or not). If your two posts were put together or started with your explanation might of made more sense.

Have a re-read son it was not your post in the reference when the comment was made. .  

1 hour ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Don't be mischievous Ted. Tony Lee is in a position to throw his weight around(having well and truly earned the right) where Andy McCook is a young guy starting out and clearly has to toe the line. Whether he tips a winner or whether he does not his primary role is as a commentator and from the little I have heard of him he has started off very well. It's all very well to criticize but put yourself in his boots. You don't like it when people criticize the state of the Te Aroha track so cut this young guy some slack.

It was not me taking him to task him Tom, rather others on Trackside as pointed out. I have already stated I had no idea who the commentator was and even now the name means nothing nor have I listened to him. He may be brilliant, I wouldn't know nor do I care.

The analogy to him was used as a perfect example of what Tony Lee considered a conflict of interest between commentating and tipping which was the point clearly made.

Ted and Jason how about a truce?! All three codes should work together better than they have in the past. Thrilled that Tony is back. Jason I have only heard a few commentaries by Andy but have been impressed! Love his enthusiasm for and his obvious knowledge of the greyhound code. 

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Ted and Jason how about a truce?! All three codes should work together better than they have in the past. Thrilled that Tony is back. Jason I have only heard a few commentaries by Andy but have been impressed! Love his enthusiasm for and his obvious knowledge of the greyhound code. 

I have got my point across so I'm happy to leave it there. Thanks for your kind words re andy yes he has worked hard and reaping the benefits now. I agree all 3 codes have the same objections so working together is the key

7 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

I have had a re Read and it was my post that was made reference to as you quoted me when you posted !!!!!!

Good grief!

Do you also post as The Crucible as it was his post that was brought forward that the comment was directed at and I will reiterate that there has never been any criticism from me on your brother's (as it turns out) ability to commentate. I have never heard him as spelt out above so clearly cannot form any opinion on that. You are seeing things that are not there so hopefully you can finally comprehend this post because I can't make it any more transparent.   

It is great to have Tony back though.          

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Good grief!

Do you also post as The Crucible as it was his post that was brought forward that the comment was directed at and I will reiterate that there has never been any criticism from me on your brother's (as it turns out) ability to commentate. I have never heard him as spelt out above so clearly cannot form any opinion on that. You are seeing things that are not there so hopefully you can finally comprehend this post because I can't make it any more transparent.   

It is great to have Tony back though.          

It is absolutely great to have Tony back.. Teddy you are so so right about Tony's attitude to tipping. It was Glenn Broomhall who stuffed tony

but thankfully he is well gone  my opinion good riddance