RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
racetrackringo

CD race caller

On 1/26/2017 at 7:35 PM, scooby3051 said:

Jason Teaz has done a good job to date.

Teaz is awful. He makes so many mistakes. Race 1 Otaki trots the other day he calls Commando One clearly in second place over Aunty Jan. Didn't even say it was close. Just awful inaccurate commentating.

One thing about Jason is that he calls a spade a spade. At Otaki today spoke out about the unfairness of Burt Munro being able to contest a Maiden Trot. Also described his neighbour's horse Freule Helina S as "useless"!

51 minutes ago, gubellini said:

One thing about Jason is that he calls a spade a spade. At Otaki today spoke out about the unfairness of Burt Munro being able to contest a Maiden Trot. Also described his neighbour's horse Freule Helina S as "useless"!

Im sure wont be the first or last caller to mix up a finish at Otaki.

as for calling someones horse "useless" I think thats a little ordinary really. Show a little bit of class I reckon, either that or just don't say anything - someone owns that horse and no doubt take very good care of it. Don't think you would hear GSimon call someones horse useless live on tv

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Would personal interest be a contributing factor ?

6 hours ago, Tool no. 1 said:

He never learnt the angle either as in the second race he called in Artanne over Stars Delight and it was a half head margin the other way. At least he said it was close.

Give the guy a chance he is  still learning...you seem to have a personal dislike for him.

Would love Matthew Cross to get the CD gig. Maybe a little to soon but give him his shot, the more i hear him call the more i think he's our future of commentating. From reports he is held in high regard from both Mark Mac and George Simon, couldn't ask for two better judges.  

20 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Im sure wont be the first or last caller to mix up a finish at Otaki.

as for calling someones horse "useless" I think thats a little ordinary really. Show a little bit of class I reckon, either that or just don't say anything - someone owns that horse and no doubt take very good care of it. Don't think you would hear GSimon call someones horse useless live on tv

It's trained by his neighbour/mate and often driven by his wife. As well as that, the horse IS completely and utterly useless.

4 hours ago, Toblerone said:

It's trained by his neighbour/mate and often driven by his wife. As well as that, the horse IS completely and utterly useless.

Given the above , Jason entitled to add Humorous comment,as are trainers/owners that throw the odd "" in , when interviewed post race.

Jason Teaz around 7p.m. tonight on Trackside Radio turned to cricket commentating between races and did a splendid job! Now that he has missed out on the C.D. Commentating gig he may have found a new vocation! It would give him a chance to use more appropriate words with the suffix er such as bouncer and yorker!

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Jason Teaz around 7p.m. tonight on Trackside Radio turned to cricket commentating between races and did a splendid job! Now that he has missed out on the C.D. Commentating gig he may have found a new vocation! It would give him a chance to use more appropriate words with the suffix er such as bouncer and yorker!

I am sure Radio Sport who have exclusive commentary rights would be thrilled to here someone else is broadcasting cricket on the radio at the same time as them. Not a great look for the racing board probably

9 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

I am sure Radio Sport who have exclusive commentary rights would be thrilled to here someone else is broadcasting cricket on the radio at the same time as them. Not a great look for the racing board probably

What about the Alternative Commentary Collective, bozo?

30 minutes ago, Toblerone said:

What about the Alternative Commentary Collective, bozo?

the alternative commentary collective is part of NZME so the same company as Radio Sport....btw, isn't Jason teaz doing something that isn't a great look for the racing board just path of the course for him?

18 minutes ago, racetrackringo said:

the alternative commentary collective is part of NZME so the same company as Radio Sport....btw, isn't Jason teaz doing something that isn't a great look for the racing board just path of the course for him?

par for the course* :rolleyes:

'Radio Sport' does not hold exclusive commentary rights. I can listen to a non-Radio Sport commentary on most NZ matches this summer. 

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Welcome back Tony Lee to race calling at Hastings today. Interesting to note that Trackside Radio will not be taking a meeting preview from him nor crossing back to him after each race for margins and times etc. Very strange?

Why is that ??

1 hour ago, MrBigStuff said:

Strange alright. If your going to do the job do it properly not half hearted!

Radio Sport always say exclusive. Just like Sky. So clearly the "other" stations that are broadcasting it need to be kicked to touch.

Who cares?  The guys is clearly doing a bit of one off stuff to fill in the time and maybe just maybe generate some income for his employers the TAB/NZRB.  

Let Sky and Radio Sport worry about it if they have an issue

31 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Brent Wall doing today's Awapuni preview on Trackside Radio. Seems Tony Lee only has a contract with Trackside TV. Totally bizarre situation. Can anyone explain this peculiar precedent to me ?

Probably just like the Republicans and Democrats in USA. Radio have spat the Dummy  like the Dems. Pathetic really.

34 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Brent Wall doing today's Awapuni preview on Trackside Radio. Seems Tony Lee only has a contract with Trackside TV. Totally bizarre situation. Can anyone explain this peculiar precedent to me ?

Seems very weird as aren't they both nz racing board run? 

9 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Seems very weird as aren't they both nz racing board run? 

Might not be too weird on second thoughts when a commentator who did selections for the Addington dogs today left out two of his own dogs who both won.

I heard Steve Davis and Bevan Sweeney giving him heaps about it after the second one won.