RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
racetrackringo

CD race caller

Does anybody know if there has been an appointment? there was plenty of talk before xmas on this site about who might be the new commentator. I had heard strong rumours that Tony Lee would be returning but hasn't happened yet so maybe we will be stuck with Jason Teaz

56 minutes ago, Insider said:

A question: Is this the only race day in NZ that runs a Group One and it's not a Premier Day?

Can anyone think of another one?

Crazy isn't it 

I don't think Otaki is a Premier day for the G1 it is on the same day as The Matamata Breeders' Day but I could be wrong there 

2 hours ago, Insider said:

A question: Is this the only race day in NZ that runs a Group One and it's not a Premier Day?

Can anyone think of another one?

I have no idea how they work out such things. Auckland runs premier meetings with $30,000 minimums and a group three feature.

Every now and then you,ll get a Bonecrusher or a Sunline...It,s the same with commentators...Keith Haubs,Peter Kellys and now George Simon

Whats all the fuss about , He,s head and shoulders above the rest. 

30 minutes ago, porky said:

Every now and then you,ll get a Bonecrusher or a Sunline...It,s the same with commentators...Keith Haubs,Peter Kellys and now George Simon

You forgot to add 'in my opinion'

The worst of them is bloody good

2 hours ago, BruceL said:

Crazy isn't it 

I don't think Otaki is a Premier day for the G1 it is on the same day as The Matamata Breeders' Day but I could be wrong there 

I think that you could be right!

2 hours ago, porky said:

Mark Mac length of the straight ahead of George IMHO

7 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Mark Mac length of the straight ahead of George IMHO

Maybe I,ve got lazy Jason, will have a listen to a few Mark Mac calls, ...Enjoy Georges 1 liners, industry knowledge and the fact he is very rarely wrong in a tight finish...

Yeah I accept Georgy just picks 1st 3 favs mostly pre-race, but saves hours of unpaid study and spoiling prices of bully he may have heard...IMHO

I've been lucky enough to have heard/listened to most of the top Aussie callers, on a reg basis, there will be none better, ever, than the great Bill Collins, however John Tapp and Des Hoysted were brilliant, Alan Thomas in Brizzie, and in ADL Ron Papps, I can't really vouch for your Kiwi callers, Peter Kelly was doyen here when I left, although on a business trip back here several years ago I heard your Tony Lee, very very impressive, I don't know the machinations of his leaving, not my business, however I'm sure he would fit wonderfully with new NZ Racing if it ever happens...IMO.

1 minute ago, biff said:

I've been lucky enough to have heard/listened to most of the top Aussie callers, on a reg basis, there will be none better, ever, than the great Bill Collins, however John Tapp and Des Hoysted were brilliant, Alan Thomas in Brizzie, and in ADL Ron Papps, I can't really vouch for your Kiwi callers, Peter Kelly was doyen here when I left, although on a business trip back here several years ago I heard your Tony Lee, very very impressive, I don't know the machinations of his leaving, not my business, however I'm sure he would fit wonderfully with new NZ Racing if it ever happens...IMO.

reg clapp  in harness racing was 1 of the very best. in oz thought  john tapp was 1 of the best also 

2 hours ago, porky said:

Maybe I,ve got lazy Jason, will have a listen to a few Mark Mac calls, ...Enjoy Georges 1 liners, industry knowledge and the fact he is very rarely wrong in a tight finish...

Yeah I accept Georgy just picks 1st 3 favs mostly pre-race, but saves hours of unpaid study and spoiling prices of bully he may have heard...IMHO

George is great fun and easy to listen to - writes off  the leaders or inside horse in the straight a bit too often for me - but forgive him that for being excellent otherwise.

But Mark Mac definitely the gold standard currently

is tipping considered part of the deal?...apparently J Teaz tipped well last Saturday ( so a mate said) who are our best tipsters on TV / commentators?

I personally used to like Brett Davidson in OZ ...But now those OZ hotpots are getting beat...I,m not sure.

(Any to keep an eye on ???)

Listen you lot. John and Glenda will be far too busy working out how the are going to deflect all this current negative publicity to worry about who the are going to make the new CD race caller. In fact they will be reading racecafe and probably ringing one another to ask 'who's this bloke George Simon they are on about?'

No doubt followed by 'how are we going to get to Ellerslie for caviar and champers today without having to confront all those grumpy wankers?'

It really is heartening to me to have a pair so thoroughly familiar with the industry in charge(not to mention our wonderful Minister of course)