RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Super Comp Captains Thread - please read

Captaincy is about solid , leading from the frontness , like a rock blah blah blah .

Counts Cubemeister out of the running .

Anywhoo...

Mrs Cubes said the ' Saders Kapitano should clearly be Richie .

And when management speaks , Cubes obeys and votes ...Richie please !!

25 minutes ago, pete said:

I vote for anyone but me for the Blues Brothers.

Come in Jake or Elwood. The mission from God is calling you.

Thanks for your input, Pete. :)

Geoff (Lastof40) and I had a pow-wow and thought that what with having had a few Blues campaigns under his belt now, his excellent ability at picking winners,  his good nature and complete reliability, Donald Tru ....er......Gordy (Gordy55) is the ideal man to be MIGHTY BLUES CAPTAIN this campaign.  Brian (Kundalini) has plenty on his plate posting for a number of other players without adding anything else, and Pete is happy with whoever we choose as  long as it is not him ! :D

Very pleased to confirm that GORDY has accepted the role of MIGHTY BLUES CAPTAIN, and I'm sure will do a first rate job.

Thanks Gordy.

If at any time Gordy thinks being Captain of the Mighty Blues is a stressful job, then he can thank his lucky stars he won't be Captain of the`Tu..',  er...... 'Tur.....' .............let's not go there, eh...I'd promised to play nice. I need to be a man of my word. Wonder what poor wretch will get THAT job. Just thinking hypothetically ...not about any particular team at all.  

Go GORDY !

Go MIGHTY BLUES !

9 minutes ago, Cubes said:

Captaincy is about solid , leading from the frontness , like a rock blah blah blah .

Counts Cubemeister out of the running .

Anywhoo...

Mrs Cubes said the ' Saders Kapitano should clearly be Richie .

And when management speaks , Cubes obeys and votes ...Richie please !!

Thanks Mrs Cubes but no thanks Cubes.This time of year i quite often working all day Saturday hence why i usually post friday night for this comp.

Needs someone with a bit more free time on a Saturday,just in case.

5 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Could take a court tribunal to sort that one out :)

John for captain of the Canes.  Hesi agrees with this.  VS and Viceroy - any objections?

My vote is for John also. Top bloke.

VS and Viceroy to come in to Captaincy calculations somewhere down the track but like the Mainland Cheese "these things take time you know". Let's see them work out  their probationery period first ! But we'll leave some light at the end of the tunnel for them.

I know, guys, I should stick to 'Mighty Blues' business instead of sticking my oar in. It's just that, without the Mighty Blues captaincy, I'm at a loose end and have plenty of time to stick my beak into other teams' business. I've started with the Mighty Hurricanes !

1 hour ago, Memphis2 said:

Wrinkles has all the qualities of a great captain in the Richie/Bren Mac mould. For the Shark boys

We need the best as we must be favourites for this comp. 

Mark, when it comes to ANZAC  tipping leadership skills their can only be one nomination in our tack room for the Sharks Captaincy Position that being our long and devoted Captain Rees. His outstanding and quality " Ace in The Hole " recommendations brings pending excitement into our stable for the upcoming weekend. Mark, i'm just happy to be part of an exciting and skillful tipping team. I appreciated Ree's invite.  In turn, i'm hoping, to pick a few winners on the day for the Sharks. Plus, weather pending,  i'm heading out this Saturday Morning for my first Marlin Fishing trip with my Grand Children. I've waited along time to do this with them :). My money is on FWTB catching the first " Bob Marley " fish. That kid can attract any thing both on land or sea :).
Mark,have a good tipping competition yourself.
cheers.

2 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Wrinkles has all the qualities of a great captain in the Richie/Bren Mac mould. For the Shark boys

We need the best as we must be favourites for this comp. 

I'm going to opt out due to my son and his family returning from Aussie after 7 yrs and living with us for some time. It will be hectic.

I'm handing over to you Mark. Ace in the holes will still be forthcoming when available.

Regards Globe

Mighty 'Saders!!

As Two have opted out of Kapitancy??  

i think as i'm a  newly retired 'Grumpy Ole Man' and have lots of spare time

on my hands i shall try and take up the position of Steering our Mighty 'Sader's Ship to Victory through a Perfect Storm Brewing in this coming Comp, this year .. Any Oppostion or grounds for refusal ..please advise..?? Albeit we are usually slow to get underway there are times when we are fast out of the blocks but remember its the 'stamina and intestinal fortitude' of the smaller  teams that make for a entertain/err/interesting  enjoyable Competition ...Thanks once again P.J.  cheers Rob.

1 hour ago, Steve Paul said:

I'm with Sasha, definately should be one of the Sir's!

Can G or C please respond?

Hi all, having never been a captain i would need details of what the roll actually demands ...... I would defer to Sir C or steve p or sasha or ray .... but will do it not to let the team stranded.:D

10 hours ago, Dogzstar1 said:

Mighty 'Saders!!

As Two have opted out of Kapitancy??  

i think as i'm a  newly retired 'Grumpy Ole Man' and have lots of spare time

on my hands i shall try and take up the position of Steering our Mighty 'Sader's Ship to Victory through a Perfect Storm Brewing in this coming Comp, this year .. Any Oppostion or grounds for refusal ..please advise..?? Albeit we are usually slow to get underway there are times when we are fast out of the blocks but remember its the 'stamina and intestinal fortitude' of the smaller  teams that make for a entertain/err/interesting  enjoyable Competition ...Thanks once again P.J.  cheers Rob.

Thanks Rob,sure you are the right man for the job.

The other teams should be scared.

19 hours ago, sir1galivant said:

Hi all, having never been a captain i would need details of what the roll actually demands ...... I would defer to Sir C or steve p or sasha or ray .... but will do it not to let the team stranded.:D

You will make a great captain SirG :)

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, Von Cettes said:

Von Cettes has always been good at maths and with a 100% strike rate as Captain for the Spring Champions the mighty Waikato Chiefs I'll go again and try and make it 200%:mellow::D

As captain will you be providing "Aces in the hole"

Okay here are the appointed or elected Captains

THE BARBARIANS - Sir Gallivant

THE CHIEFS - Ian

THE BLUES - Gordy

THE HURRICANES - John

THE KAURI KATS - Graeme 

THE STAGS - Alan

THE CRUSADERS - Rob

THE SHARKS - Mark 

THE TURBOS - Moose

THE FERDIES - PJ 

Hi Peter & team Turbo's as much as i'd like one day to give captain a go, I wont be much use with my new job working 6 days & Monday only day off..

....so any other fine Turbo keen.....or will the Turbos  be the first ever captainless team to win Summer Super Comp..!!!:):):):)

2 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Hi Peter & team Turbo's as much as i'd like one day to give captain a go, I wont be much use with my new job working 6 days & Monday only day off..

....so any other fine Turbo keen.....or will the Turbos  be the first ever captainless team to win Summer Super Comp..!!!:):):):)

You could get by without a captain.  With the new scratching rules the captain doesn't need to check for scratchings.  Anybody can post picks if someone doesn't show up, and I'm assuming the joker will just default to the final two rounds if there is no captain to play it before then.

17 minutes ago, mooseman said:

12 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

You could get by without a captain.  With the new scratching rules the captain doesn't need to check for scratchings.  Anybody can post picks if someone doesn't show up, and I'm assuming the joker will just default to the final two rounds if there is no captain to play it before then.

Or P.J. and team I can stay capatain and pick when we play the JOKER on the morning of game day... & still give Howie and them Blues a good bollocking at the end of days play..!:lol: