RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Avondale R1

When watching this race (I had backed Master Of Speed) I thought WTF!! that would have to be one of the worst rides I have seen for a long time. Jumped out and pushed for three or four strides and then sat up on the horse letting it drift and saw him looking behind him. Ends up getting back in a hopeless position at the tail on the fence.

However, it now appears that the false start siren went off after they jumped hence his actions in the first 200m. Enquiry now. Surely he has to be deemed a late scratching at the very least. Will they rule the race as null and void as it appears that some other riders also hesitated and looked around?    

Ted what a fiasco. Race delayed nearly 10 minutes because tractor not in place to remove the starting stalls then False Start Siren activated accidentally. Fittingly the race was sponsored by Magness The Mighty Steam Train. NZ Racing is still mired in the Steam Train Era!

On the positive side of things the winner looked a moral given its form in Oz in much harder company. Took the field in Q's with it.Originally  paid 128 on TAB Corp but see that Teds horse has been declared a late scratching. A quick update == Q now 30.50 and winners price reduced from 5.80 to 2.50. Another NZ Racing FU

Plenty of NZ interest later on in the last at  Pakenham. Even changed its name

Well he was a late scratching along with four others. Very good run from Master Of Speed in the circumstances as he was last at the 300m before switching to the outer in the sixteen horse field and finished on strongly for seventh.