RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Taku Umanga

Seriously?

Wanganui Trotting Club Inc   Sunday  12 February  2017 (Generated: 17/01/2017 @ 16:29:21)
Raceday:  ANNUAL, Sunday, February 12, 2017 at Wanganui Racecourse

1  -  UP TO R48 & OTHERS WITH COND. SPECIAL HANDICAP TROT   1800m  
Of $6000 ($3275, $590, $460, $295, $180, others $120).

Front: Trotters with no wins for lifetime. 30m: Up to & including R48. 
Acceptance fee: Nil

I know it's most likely a typo (sure wish the person paid to publish these programmes would do their job properly) ...... but if not it's a long way to travel for crap place money!

7 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:
Wanganui Trotting Club Inc   Sunday  12 February  2017 (Generated: 17/01/2017 @ 16:29:21)

I know it's most likely a typo (sure wish the person paid to publish these programmes would do their job properly) ...... but if not it's a long way to travel for crap place money!

Taku,  no the second horse will only get $590, it won't be a typo at all.

The first 5 home get a total of$4,800 and the other 10 will get $120 each for turning up which equals the total stake of 6k.

Bloody hell. I thought the gallops were a mess, but seriously you lot must be run by total halfwits.

So they take $625 off the winner, $610 off second, $140 off third and $5 of fourth just to pay something to every other starter.

Does this concern anyone or does everyone just plod on regardless?

I suppose the only thing in its favour is that it stops horses running second and milking place stakes

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Bloody hell. I thought the gallops were a mess, but seriously you lot must be run by total halfwits.

So they take $625 off the winner, $610 off second, $140 off third and $5 of fourth just to pay something to every other starter.

I suppose the only thing in its favour is that it stops horses running second and milking place stakes

Its a lot better than the gallops. 3/4 of the costs to train and they race twice as often.

40 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

Its a lot better than the gallops. 3/4 of the costs to train and they race twice as often.

Well, the worst a galloper can ever get for running second is $1,400, here we are looking at second getting $590, so it hardly matters that they cost less to train and can race more often.

5 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Well, the worst a galloper can ever get for running second is $1,400, here we are looking at second getting $590, so it hardly matters that they cost less to train and can race more often.

Yeah. If they always ran second you're right.

10 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

We would all agree that it is a pathetic stake.

However, harness racing fans are just that!

We enjoy the spectacle We're Doomed!

Personally don't like gallops,as I think the racing is rather boring and don't know why it seems to be more popular than Harness?

I agree that it is basically impossible for owners to make money let alone cover costs racing horses in NZ whether it be Harness or gallops.

The best chance of covering costs is the greyhounds but then they are pretty average aren't they?

21 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

The program has now changed on the HRNZ website.   2nd is $950.00  4th place now only gets the $120.00 which is more sensible.

Could have been a mistake. 

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Personally don't like gallops,as I think the racing is rather boring and don't know why it seems to be more popular than Harness?

I know it's an age old argument with no winner, but seriously it is hard to see how anyone could consider Gallops more boring than Trots when many of the big stakes races in the trotting code have $1.20 favs, who usually win. That virtually never happens in the Gallops. Compare just in recent weeks the NZ trotting Cup winner at $2 with the NZ Galloping Cup winner at $12.90. And the Auck Trot Cup winner at $2.70 (with other winners at $1.20, $1.30 and $1.90 on the night) and the Wgtn Cup winner at $14.90.

There just doesn't seem to be much joy for the average punter at the trots. Certainly each to their own. I know some people love $1.20 winners in big races, but it does nothing for me.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I know it's an age old argument with no winner, but seriously it is hard to see how anyone could consider Gallops more boring than Trots when many of the big stakes races in the trotting code have $1.20 favs, who usually win. That virtually never happens in the Gallops. Compare just in recent weeks the NZ trotting Cup winner at $2 with the NZ Galloping Cup winner at $12.90. And the Auck Trot Cup winner at $2.70 (with other winners at $1.20, $1.30 and $1.90 on the night) and the Wgtn Cup winner at $14.90.

There just doesn't seem to be much joy for the average punter at the trots. Certainly each to their own. I know some people love $1.20 winners in big races, but it does nothing for me.

It is an old argument and different strokes for different folks as they say Doomed!

Personally can't make money on the gallops as form is so erratic in my opinion, and don't know anyone that consistently is able to beat the Bookies on gallops.

Harness racing you certainly can make very good money, and form and ability is more consistent with harness.

Gallops is very hard to pick your horse up for most of the race and the races are over in far shorter time.

You are either gallops or harness fans and generally can't change that!

3 hours ago, lamour said:

The program has now changed on the HRNZ website.   2nd is $950.00  4th place now only gets the $120.00 which is more sensible.

Could have been a mistake. 

Don't believe it was a mistake because normally the clubs pay extra money to 4th place at least than what they do for running last!

40 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Don't believe it was a mistake because normally the clubs pay extra money to 4th place at least than what they do for running last!

My mistake,  I meant to say 5th place now only gets $120.00 which is more sensible.  

It may have  been simply a transposed figure i.e $590 instead of $950.00 but that doesn't explain why 5th place was was originally $180.00 but is now $120.00

Maybe they read our posts.