RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo(aus)

Derby and Oaks

any views on your derby and oaks and with a view to Easter , i guess its the only age group where your slugs can hold their own now that the europeans have arrived en masse in aus.

unless of course you have a 2 yo set for the worlds greatest race, the Golden Slipper .

haha, just kidding about Rosehill sheep shearers, be patient Oakbank and Warrnambool await.

Given that the "slugs" have dominated your Oaks and Derbies and other features for years Pogoson, I'm sure they'll be at it again, like marauding Vikings, reeking havoc on your carnivals :) 2015/16 season saw them not only win a majority of your derbies and Oaks but also a high % of your Group races. There are plenty of slugs getting ready for more action for the 16/17 season and it will be "business as usual".

No doubt we will send something over to plunder the AJC oaks and AJC Derby as per usual Pogo (just suck it up son). :P

With regard to OUR Derby and Oaks there is still plenty of water to go under the bridge but at this point I would be looking at:

NZ Derby:

Sacred Elixir $5, Nights Watch opened $81 now $15, Camino Rocoso opened $81 now $26 and Redeem The Dream $26. (Baker/Forsman stable have a number nominated so keep a watch on what they eventually line up.)   

NZ Oaks:

Assuming La Diosa won't be there as there is talk of her going straight to OZ instead this race at this point in time is very wide open.

Currently keeping a watch on Rube Bridges $21, Savvy Dreams $31 and She Brings Joy $10. (Again with a watch on what the Baker/Forsman stable do).   

Good luck with your Golden Slapper's race. :D

3 hours ago, rdytdy said:

No doubt we will send something over to plunder the AJC oaks and AJC Derby as per usual Pogo (just suck it up son). :P

With regard to OUR Derby and Oaks there is still plenty of water to go under the bridge but at this point I would be looking at:

NZ Derby:

Sacred Elixir $5, Nights Watch opened $81 now $15, Camino Rocoso opened $81 now $26 and Redeem The Dream $26. (Baker/Forsman stable have a number nominated so keep a watch on what they eventually line up.)   

NZ Oaks:

Assuming La Diosa won't be there as there is talk of her going straight to OZ instead this race at this point in time is very wide open.

Currently keeping a watch on Rube Bridges $21, Savvy Dreams $31 and She Brings Joy $10. (Again with a watch on what the Baker/Forsman stable do).   

Good luck with your Golden Slapper's race. :D

Eleonora is bound to be one Ted....? ;)

56 minutes ago, Berri said:

Agree....Night Watch wins the Derby

I'll take ANY reasonable head to head bet you wish v. Sacred Elixir.

Name your price and the magnitude of your bet.

I should add that they're both beautiful horses and I'd love to own either, but SE has been there done that and you know he'll relax and get the trip.

8 hours ago, Trump said:

Yes - backed it myself. She certainly has ability but had some issue. I think the Raise The Flag horses just need to be shown patience and time. She'll get that with DW. RTF is a very very well bred horse.

Agree with your thoughts, i read an old article and thats  where i got confused re the oaks, it is abit late for raise the flag i fear, seems most want the 2yrs and 3yrs for the classic races, and the days of giving them time is not to often heard of, and with so many sires around to choose from its easy to miss the boat. Good that he got a stakes winner all the same, and it will be interesting to see how his older progeny preform over ground.