RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

Are "Owners" Functional?

Some discussion on Cafe as to the above question. May I invite you to go to www.racehorseowner.co.nz. Here you will see a managed website of interest to racing people.

There are updated "Winners Gallery" photos and "Racing Tales" stories. There you can read the web files of the bi-monthly Owners Bulletin.

There are only 2 magazines The NZTR and the NZTROF available by subscription and the latter is a voluntary effort. No copy is paid for!

The mission statement says {Our Goal ; To improve the economics, integrity and pleasure of the sport of thoroughbred racing on behalf of all owners}

The Regional Owners Associations (see website) welcome all new member providing they are of good repute. There is a downloadable Join UP form on the site. NM

Thanks Neil. I have to say on a positive note, that the Manawatu branch have been very positive, accessible and amenable from a club committee perspective.

Also, if you are going to disconfirm my suggestion as to the percentage of owners who are members, would you please correct it with facts. How many members does the federation have? Or is that too sensitive and top-secret to disclose?

Whilst I think you have been grossly disrespectful to people who work for nothing, in order to preserve what appears to me to be a dying industry in this country I will reply without rancour.

Firstly Leggy the number of members is in 4 figures. It is constrained by -

* The increasing fractionalisation of ownership through syndication. Owners in Syndicates are hidden to the Federation. As an example Fortuna has a Syndicate, 20% of a Te Akau animal with 100 members. Once I talked with Albert B and he had 420 members. So you can cut down the figure of owners, if you can't reach those with "a hair on the tail"

* Then there is societal apathy. Bowling clubs are going broke as are golf clubs. People have diverse interests such as drinking coffee on sidewalks, or playing with their devices. Being a self indulgent internet warrior is more appealing to some than making a positive contribution, let alone taking some leadership.

Oh, I could not reply to you on that other thread????? Might have been a good thing as I was willing to go the full monty there. I was disgusted!

Now Leo I would say that the average age of members may be around your approaching geriatric self. Some like myself are quite a bit older and I would like a younger one to make the commitment I do, so I can retire.

If you look at the Winning Owners on page 15 of the Bulletin you will see a lot of people you know and their circumstances are almost surely superior to yours. Its good to be a winner too!

Finally there's no value in being offensive. That just self pleasuring attention seeking. Your intellect is wasted on that and that is pitiable.

PS My horse is no good and my trainer don't want him. The manager i call the Legend is crook. I think i am nearly out of the game too. But I still care for the poor ones trying to live off the game. It can't survive without Owners!

Can't help yourself Neil, you're a bit bitter and twisted old mate, so twisted you could hide in the shadow of a corkscrew.

How about you list your achievements for these owners, and tell us how you've made this industry better.

No don't bother, I can read a blank page anytime.

Let's leave it to the current group that's flexing their muscles ( I'm not included so don't attack me ) they'll get the job done then all you seagulls who follow the trawlers, squawking as you do, can reap the benefits and live crappily ever after.

No Mate, I'm just like my namesake a good honest plugger. Not royally bred but does the business. I'm not bitter, I just do my best and if others want to do better, I don't stand in the way.

As you appear to be approaching the 'third age' can I give you some advice. if you have been successful in life there is not much left than to be seen as a "good bastard'

You were a coaster and there is a GB Club down there. With real effort you could be accepted. 

All the best Mate. NM

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Might I suggest you also divulge the average age of your members, and which facility they're currently residing in.

Just a thought, and you know I care Neil.

When is the racecafe management going to stop this constant ageist battery and abuse from the above. This is the guy who if you don't agree with him goes to all lengths to gather personal information and his own words put out dirt on these forums.  Usually something that may have slight truth but is twisted into his own fantasies without any knowledge.

Is that what racecafe should be.???

Its always someone else thats old,  hateful, spiteful,ignorant etc etc never himself oh no he is always the victim of these old spineless hateful people who are out to get him.

I have no intention of indulging with verbal gymnastics I accept Molloy has a far better grasp of writing than I have.  All I am asking is that scooby put a stop to it once and for all without the usual "if you don't like it you know what you......." 

On behalf of Racecafer's I apologize to Nerula and feel ashamed being part of this forum.

Guest 2Admin2
15 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

When is the racecafe management going to stop this constant ageist battery and abuse from the above. This is the guy who if you don't agree with him goes to all lengths to gather personal information and his own words put out dirt on these forums.  Usually something that may have slight truth but is twisted into his own fantasies without any knowledge.

Its always someone else thats old,  hateful, spiteful,ignorant etc etc never himself oh no he is always the victim of these old spineless hateful people who are out to get him.

I have no intention of indulging with verbal gymnastics I accept Molloy has a far better grasp of writing than I have.  All I am asking is that scooby put a stop to it once and for all without the usual "if you don't like it you know what you......." 

On behalf of Racecafer's I apologize to Nerula and feel ashamed being part of this forum.

How do you expect the average person to respond to your post?

25 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

You always seem to have an issue with most of what is posted by Midget.... maybe you should just ignore it and let us do the job of moderating...I agree midget can be corrosive and he gets pulled up for it....there will not be dirt aired in here...it is not the place for that...and sometimes you may need to take a step back and count to 10 then decide how to respond if you don't like him...but you do always seem to be having issues with him... relax it is not the end of the world.... we will keep pulling and changing what is considered offensive and we do not need you wearing the deputies badge. I am sure Nerula can and does stick up for himself... and does, and if not we will help him out. 

Midget doesn't get upset with Nerula, you'd know if he did !!

Midget has been a willing host to Neil's troupe of old people and has entertained them at length if you must know.

Where it breaks down is that the Racing Act makes no provision within their described functions to look after owners who enjoy the game on an elective and/or discretionary basis, so Neil is adopting an " I want " or " I must be listened to " attitude that's not enshrined in legislation. That said I have huge admiration and respect for the owners as a subgroup of the racing community.

Secondarily, Neil cannot help himself when it comes to baiting me, go read his posts, they're not even clever but he pokes and pokes, and then wonders why I push back occasionally.

Thats true, some years back a bus load of Owners visited the Molloy stable and were courteously received by himself. I took a delightful photo of himself and daughter. The latter was holding a horse enjoying an aqua water. I wrote some words and used the photo as a cover pic on a Bulletin. Nice!

Where we have come to sparring is I have taken the man to task for using hyperbole in different situations as an axiom on here is "if it aint true expect to be challenged"

This has brought a reaction from the diminutive one who doubles down in a corrosive fashion.

Scoobs is right I don't need protection as I was brought up in a harder school than the little fellow. I could go hard out and we could go at each other. But that would just be both of us being self indulgent, say like a mutual w--k. And that would not be edifying.

Thanks to the folk that have supported me here, but you need to know that even if Scoobs kicks him to touch like a little 'floater' he will be back. But that doesn't mean to say you have to wear crap if you point out 'wrong thinking'

I don't mind being called old, thats a largely inevitable outcome, if you are lucky. But stupid is another thing and being called dishonest I take strong exception too. I once was so offended by what that blowhard from Rangiora said about me and knowing that libel cases just enrich lawyers, I considered going down and giving him a smack. But hyperbole from the diminutive one I can handle with ease.

I thought I would give racing 5 years after having great fortune owning one leg of a top mare. I have done more! Is there someone out there willing to step in to my shoes?

I hope some of you took time to view www.racehorseowner.co.nz and if you have $50 to spare I can sign you up and give you a special deal. Just PM me. NM

6 hours ago, Sandpiper said:

Good luck with getting new members Nerula. I suggest having a presence at a racecourse carnival offering a bundled syndicate membership + association membership.

Are you named after a horse too?

We have looked at a special deal for syndicate memberships, But it costs the Owners Fed at least $36 pa to service members just with  6 Bulletins posted in A4. Like a lot of constitutions subs are set at AGM and the matter will be discussed then.

49 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Are you named after a horse too?

We have looked at a special deal for syndicate memberships, But it costs the Owners Fed at least $36 pa to service members just with  6 Bulletins posted in A4. Like a lot of constitutions subs are set at AGM and the matter will be discussed then.

If that's the case , maybe reduce the subs to the $36 cost and cancel the trough for the old fellas running the show until you get your membership up to say 30% of owners.

TJ asked name to name her but he took my 3rd choice name which was Boundless. 

She won 700k including a bonus race. Bought back by NZ for 700k. I am one of the few ahead of the game. That is why I try to put back.

I've gone from her 9 Wins, Star of Kings 4 wins, So High one win. and current horse Trial wins only. You can see the trend.

13 hours ago, Leggy said:

If that's the case , maybe reduce the subs to the $36 cost and cancel the trough for the old fellas running the show until you get your membership up to say 30% of owners.

I am not sure that is the way to go. The UK Owners Assn annual sub is about 400 pounds pa by memory. Got a office in High Holborn in London that has professional staff. The Sub gets you benefits to die for. Membership is about 80% of Owners last time I talked to them.

This is the home of the "sport of kings" and here we are a poor relation and run a cheap voluntary outfit.

So I don't know if I can agree with that idea. The difference in a 36 sub and a full sub is about 2 beers at the races!

Not sure about the trough of old fellows. What is that? We are in the main all voluntary.

Mate we are doing Social Service for free.

On 23 January 2017 at 9:34 PM, Midget said:

There we go, peace has broken out and now the silly old fool wants you all to waste $50 joining his association for the bewildered.

Good luck.

You are like the missus always wants the last say.

Lets debate value of services. I say 50 bucks to support Owners (that underpin the racing industry) is more value than say at short night at one of your low class bogan joints (that supports you).

Doubt you'd describe any of my joints, past present or future, as low class or bogan but given that you're definitely a low class old bogan I'll allow you to exercise your frail demented but irrelevant opinion.

You'd be out of place in one of my joints anyway Neil, you're a simple man, very simple, more suited to a Working Man's Club and a simple roast or a pie.

Your service to the industry has no value either, you've done nothing, you're an elective participant, very small time, you had one little bit of luck, it's extremely unlikely to reoccur, you're not even considered in the Racing Act so your ludicrous sense of entitlement and self importance is bizarre, but not entirely unexpected as you enter the twilight years of your bewildered life.

Just because you play bowls ( or whatever you play ) you're not entitled Nerula, this industry belongs primarily to those who actively derive a living from it, then, and only then, do the other important groups like punters and "elective" owners get consideration.

I'm not diminishing the value of elective owners, but you're a long long way behind the breeder/stud/owners and the trainers who own and sell horses for survival.

Sorry to have to tell you the truth again.