RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

TAB Withdrawal

I don’t want to be negative after a great days racing at Wellington but the TAB have just about lost me altogether

I can deposit as much as I like into two off sure betting agencies, and I can withdraw funds back in the same account and have it available within 3 working days

Issues I have in NZ, trying to withdraw, looking for an agency in Christchurch, after they have shut a few, spend 30minutes drive to withdraw and they don’t have enough funds. Drive to another, “how much you need from your account sir, we have paid out a lot today”

"We can give you a cheque", then I have to go to a bank in a mall and spend another hour sorting this out, then waiting 5 working days for it to clear

17 minutes ago, jimbob said:

I don’t want to be negative after a great days racing at Wellington but the TAB have just about lost me altogether

I can deposit as much as I like into two off sure betting agencies, and I can withdraw funds back in the same account and have it available within 3 working days

Issues I have in NZ, trying to withdraw, looking for an agency in Christchurch, after they have shut a few, spend 30minutes drive to withdraw and they don’t have enough funds. Drive to another, “how much you need from your account sir, we have paid out a lot today”

"We can give you a cheque", then I have to go to a bank in a mall and spend another hour sorting this out, then waiting 5 working days for it to clear

Not good enough

Bloody harsh Jimbob, how about you just post the full story instead of giving 1/2 the facts mate.

You can do exactly the same as you can with Aussie accounts and withdraw to your bank account.

You made the choice to drive around everywhere looking for a TAB (especially when you can go to the webstie and click on my nearest TAB's),

they should have asked to you have a visa or eftpos card. this is not common knowledge it is not advertised anywhere that i can think off. or they could just have a withdrawal straight back on to your card through your account just like you do when you deposit then you wouldnt have to worry about this crap in the first place and then that way they can charge another $2.15 for withdrawing as well as deposits

17 hours ago, jimbob said:

Sounds like a whole lot of bullshit...All TAB agency / branches offer eftpos refunds in fairly sure. Obviously they don't hold an unlimited amount of money in store and is all dependant on your timing /  how much pays they have done. 

Yep all the TAB agencies that I visit have the facilities to credit money directly into my bank account (via eftpos).  

I'm with ASB bank and the money is available in my account immediately.  Another guy at my local is with ANZ and it takes a bit longer for the funds to reach his account - not sure what the deal is there.

4 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Yep all the TAB agencies that I visit have the facilities to credit money directly into my bank account (via eftpos).  

I'm with ASB bank and the money is available in my account immediately.  Another guy at my local is with ANZ and it takes a bit longer for the funds to reach his account - not sure what the deal is there.

Yep I'm with ANZ and it takes a business night to clear. 

So many holes in 'jimbob' story it's not funny... "how much you need from your account sir we have had a lot of pays today"... My withdrawals have never worked like that, firstly you fill out a withdrawal form and then they would look at it and see if they can pay you cash / offer an alternative payment such as an eftpos refund... maybe Jimbob wanted them to give him there last cent so your 5ew punter couldn't get a payout / those using eftpos for the pokies comes out of the tab's float I'm fairly sure. 

An E-mail I`ve received a while ago...

TAB Account Withdrawal Changes
View Online  |  Unsubscribe  |  Update your details

150707TABAccountWithdrawl.jpg

Jack,

From Monday 13 July 2015, new security changes will be introduced that could potentially affect the way that you withdraw money from your TAB Account. 
My TAB Facebook Twitter
JACK MARU

Top up your account

To protect customer security, and provide greater safeguards against Credit Card Fraud, we've made some changes to the way customers withdraw money from their TAB Account. This includes adding a limit to the amount that you can withdraw from your TAB Account per transaction, and also the total number of withdrawals that you can make in a single TAB trading day. 

Your new per transaction limit for the amount that you can withdraw from your TAB Account is $1,500

Your new daily limit for the number of withdrawals you can make from your TAB Account is 2.

Don't worry - this is not to say that you can't exceed one or both of these limits. However, any exceptions to these limits will need to be authorised by TAB head office - an in-store TAB staff member will be able to facilitate this if required.  

Another key change is that we've restricted the ability to withdraw funds that have been deposited into a TAB Account via a Credit Card. If you deposit via Credit Card and then change your mind and would like to withdraw the remaining funds i.e. those that have not been used to bet (uncleared funds), we can arrange a refund back onto the Credit Card used for the deposit.  

If you'd ever like to arrange for Credit Card funds that have not been used to bet to be refunded back onto your Credit Card, please call our TAB Customer Services team on 0800 102 106.

The Credit Card withdrawal and transaction limits can vary for different TAB Account customers - they are generally based on the account tenure and how frequently the account is used.

Our analysis suggests that the vast majority of customers will be unaffected by these changes, and where a customer is affected our in-store staff and Customer Services team will be ready to help.  

If you have any questions, please call our TAB Customer Services team on 0800 102 106.  

Kind Regards, 

The TAB team

eplfooter1.jpg
eplfooter2.jpg

cheers

Have had this happen to me plenty of times. No Eftpos Topup or withdrawal facilities at my local TAB. Have been told "I can give you a voucher and you can take it somewhere else to collect". Have also asked for a cheque at other times and been told no. Was at a tab in Hamilton and had a decent collect only to be told "I can only give you half in cash just in case any of my locals have a good win". Understand sometimes they can be a bit light on cash. thats why every tab should atleast have eftpos withdrawals. It does happen, just may not have happened to you

Just now, MiDeBo Racing said:

Have had this happen to me plenty of times. No Eftpos Topup or withdrawal facilities at my local TAB. Have been told "I can give you a voucher and you can take it somewhere else to collect". Have also asked for a cheque at other times and been told no. Was at a tab in Hamilton and had a decent collect only to be told "I can only give you half in cash just in case any of my locals have a good win". It does happen, just may not have happened to you

What's your local TAB?

3 minutes ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

Coronation Hotel Eltham. Great pub, Great characters. 

Probably because it's a pub tab. Pretty sure all agency's have the ability to do eftpos refunds. 

3 minutes ago, TheMug said:

Probably because it's a pub tab. Pretty sure all agency's have the ability to do eftpos refunds. 

Whats the difference?? especially when we are talking about Eftpos withdrawals?? All Tab's should have the ability to do it. Surely it isn't ground breaking technology....

THIS IS WHY THE T.A.B IS SO MICKEY MOUSE

You can do this at that branch but you can't do the same thing at another branch.....

In Timaru we only have PubTab's. The service is adequate at best when placing bets and worse when trying to get money out of them. If I ever want to withdraw a large amount they get on the phone to Wellington for clearance. This is after I've provided I.D and tapped in my pin number. If you want to transfer funds to another account (paying out syndicate funds to mates accounts) they act like I'm some sort of drug lord trying to launder money around the country. How dare they restrict what I can withdraw from my account. I will ask about eftpos withdrawals next time, because I had never heard of that before reading this thread, but I'm not holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Another thing that amuses me if they offer a cheq to pay you out is it a 2 way street and let you deposit with a cheq hell no so I would not accept a cheq. 

Don't have to be a genius to figure out why they wouldn't accept cheques from punters...

1 hour ago, TheMug said:

For the most part in Taranaki they are all pub agencies. In fact I don't think there is a stand alone retail branch between Wanganui and New Plymouth so if you have a decent win it can be fairly tricky to get paid out.

The TAB is so antiquated, I tried to take some money out online to pay Jason for the comp...it was a nightmare needed passport, power and gas bills or some shyte and after all that needed them to be notarized...to take money out of my OWN account... they need to get into the 21st century what a joke.!!!

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

The TAB is so antiquated, I tried to take some money out online to pay Jason for the comp...it was a nightmare needed passport, power and gas bills or some shyte and after all that needed them to be notarized...to take money out of my OWN account... they need to get into the 21st century what a joke.!!!

And they wonder why everyone has jumped ship and betting offshore. Jumping through all those hoops to withdraw your own money was BS.

5 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

And they wonder why everyone has jumped ship and betting offshore. Jumping through all those hoops to withdraw your own money was BS.

Absolutely no different to withdrawing from a bookie in Aus.

You have to provide 100 points minimum of ID.