RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
legs&lashes

NZRS.....

11 hours ago, TheMug said:

Ahern = half the dogs of McInerney so far this season, well over 1000 less starters so far, 50+ more wins, and I can GUARANTEE Ahern has had FAR FAR more C4/C5 winners than Mcinerney. At least they breed / import quality... You can tell which one of those 2 operations is making money... Dog food, staff, 1 location vs 2... Obviously McInerney is doing something wrong and that is they are average breeders and breed with average dogs. Apart from Norm and a couple of sprinters I'm struggling to think of many of their dogs that have won a C5 middle distance / staying race this season. 

You didn't answer my question mug and that was do you class them as a factory ? Do you class importing non chasers as quality ? Tell me how many pups are born at each place that make it to the track and how long they last .Your talking this season and that's fine tell me who is making the most money because I wouldn't have a clue all I know is how much it costs to bred and rear a litter and how much it cost to get an import in so I would say neither of them would have turned a profit this season . 

Ray dogs were being imported way before you came into the sport and the reason I started importing was because I was trying to establish myself as a public trainer and had owners wanting to buy dogs and get involved in our sport.Unfortunately people would not sell dogs here in NZ and realistically it is still that way now,if owners are looking to buy good quality dogs.

Also many of the dogs that come over here have had problems in Ozzie but as we all know they are not getting rewarded at the end of their race.The percentage of those dogs that come over and DONT go through the grades is very very small.In fact a lot of them have turned out to be our top dogs here in NZ.

Anyway this thread has got way off topic as the original question was how can we better disperse the NZRS moneys or is what we have the best???

AC

AC     Your son is doing  well and is more established than you as a "Public Trainer"   So where do we go go from here?   The bonuses for the N.Z. racing series should be left for the genuine people , that strive and struggle,  and are vital for the continuation  of our sport..Push too hard and the future of Greyhound Racing as we have now experience  could face a backlash of serious  consequences ...Just my thoughts though, but worthy of it perhaps.....

27 minutes ago, tryagain said:

AC     Your son is doing  well and is more established than you as a "Public Trainer"   So where do we go go from here?   The bonuses for the N.Z. racing series should be left for the genuine people , that strive and struggle,  and are vital for the continuation  of our sport..Push too hard and the future of Greyhound Racing as we have now experience  could face a backlash of serious  consequences ...Just my thoughts though, but worthy of it perhaps.....

you must have done alot in this industry to say AC Robert's is not an established trainer. Hes been competing at the top level in greyhounds with both imports and NZ bred dogs for well over 20yrs (longer than most people could say).

Also, I do not think Walsh, Cleeve, Ahern, Lawrence and Lanes/Wales/Fahey are struggling trainers (These trainers would get 95% of N.Z. racing series bonuses). I guess they should stop breeding aswell from that statement for being successful in this industry?

I don't get why Craig is moaning.

He has stated himself that the majority of dogs imported get up through the grades and make up most of our C5 fields and go on to become some of our better dogs.

So they get to race in the better races, for the better money, and contest the feature and group races and yet you want more?

The Cambridge Futurity used to be the only race worth a good amount of stake money for NZ Bred R/A dogs, but that has been open to all imports now for a few years.

The NZRS races are the only ones available for NZ Breeders to get something worthwhile back, and you to strip them of that as well?

You have brought this subject up a number of times, I really don't see what your beef with it is.

37 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I don't get why Craig is moaning.

He has stated himself that the majority of dogs imported get up through the grades and make up most of our C5 fields and go on to become some of our better dogs.

So they get to race in the better races, for the better money, and contest the feature and group races and yet you want more?

The Cambridge Futurity used to be the only race worth a good amount of stake money for NZ Bred R/A dogs, but that has been open to all imports now for a few years.

The NZRS races are the only ones available for NZ Breeders to get something worthwhile back, and you to strip them of that as well?

You have brought this subject up a number of times, I really don't see whthe hat your beef with it 

Moron..the cambridge futurity has never been for nz bred..in fact it has a residencies clause for imports that they had to be in the country before a certain date to be allowed to start  originally it was the same as ch ch anyone could nom pups including aussie breeders.....even with the ch ch futurity Australian breeders can nom there litters if they so choose as long as they pay progress payments....think before you print......I'm struggling with what the problem is we live in a modern world were importing exporting is the future off all industry's....why should we be different......be intresting getting a answer wether grnz is in there rights to restrict imports from the Comercial department ...what now happens if a Australian owner wants to send a dog over for the auckland cup?....sorry you have to wait until April to be able to start...guess aussie will do the same to us and charge udy  $500 ...don't think so they are a lot more intelligent and think about improving quality and making the sport international.....

Guys enough this stops now... you really are ALL like kids in a school playground FFS every two or three months some of you just can't help yourselves and go the personal lowlife attacks...it stops now...or more of you WILL be out...is the clear enough... don't post it if you can't back it up with facts and stop the personal attacks...cheers.

Yes, you are right in regards to the Cambridge race, I must be getting muddled up with another race, my point still stands in regards to there needing to be decent races for breeders to get a return, Craig also stated that not many people sell their own stock in NZ and race them themselves, so there can't be that many outside owners of NZ bred dogs then missing out on a decent stake?

On 20/01/2017 at 10:43 AM, aquaman said:

The breeding industry is very small in NZ, but now thanks to incentive's such as the NZRS series it is improving, and those breeders in NZ that are responsible for breeding squibs need to look long and hard at the successful ones, such as Ray Amer, Gary Cleeve, Gary Harding, Robin Wales, Brendon Cole, Arch Lawrence, to name a few, and follow their example. But the reality is you will always have bad on

He hasnt said anything about stripping nz bred races money. He said there must be a better way to disperse the money so that more nz bred dogs are getting their shares

It's not worth.sending dogs to NZ now the cost is Ludergris, the tracks cause major injuries, the waiting time to import to register for racing is 6 months it's a joke, I have 9 pups with AC we bred, if the rules don't change I'm not sending as 1/4 of the dogs racing career is spent waiting for Rego to race, before anyone starts giving stick to me personally, if owners like me pull out your racing will dry up mark my words within 3 years cheers WB ps go Cawbourne Cool check him on the dogs 40 kg monster :)

To keep this topic on track, I think this idea might be something AC had been thinking along the lines. 

Instead of running series every few months etc, why not pool all the extra bonus togeather an pay out a bonus to any NZ breed dog to win further than 450m. As simple as go through the stats for last couple of years an add up every nz breed winner further than 450m then devide the bonus pools by this number. This would both reward all breeders of quality race dogs and encourage the breeding of stronger dogs, something which the breeders scheme is spose to do. It might only be an extra $100 per winner but someone is far better off winning 2 500m c1s a year then running unplaced in heats of nz breed series.

James

I get what your saying but in the case you just put foward they would be the same because they already get 200 unplaced money.  this has been done before but it was $1000 split between any 500 plus NZ bred at the meeting . So sometimes there was only 1 and you would get 1k others there was 2,3,4 and it would be split .