Sign in to follow this  
legs&lashes

NZRS.....

66 posts in this topic

Don't cherry pick words from my postings, I actually asked 'maybe it's because you have a couple of stud dogs at your property?', I never said YOU were greedy, just that I think it is greedy to expect to get a stud fee and then continual payments from the NZRS races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Don't cherry pick words from my postings, I actually asked 'maybe it's because you have a couple of stud dogs at your property?', I never said YOU were greedy, just that I think it is greedy to expect to get a stud fee and then continual payments from the NZRS races.

Whatever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2017 at 6:17 AM, aquaman said:

Because you import all your stock, and do not breed them, or rear them, or educate them, but rather have it all done for you. You then eye up all the money on offer to the hard working local breeders whom commit big money thats required in developing a litter through to racing, none of which you do. Leave the breeders alone i say, its working, and they deserve everything that comes their way.

My God man he has my second litter nearly ready for the breakers, that was pretty disgusting post And so are a few others 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For any livestock industry to be sustainable it is absolutely paramount that its breeders are encouraged and rewarded for producing the best possible animals for the intended market.      Obviously our present system to assist our breeders is not working as our breeders are not able to supply enough suitable dogs to meet our requirements resulting in the need to import.     A change in policy is well overdue.      Better outcomes would be achieved if all GRNZ racing series incentives were scrapped and replaced by incentives to improve our breeding stock i.e. a programme similar in format to that which the NZ Livestock Improvement Association adopted and which is now a universally accepted method of evaluating and improving breeding stock.    Only the import of suitable bitches should be allowed and more races for females only should be programmed.  Ray Amer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to say something I saw when looking at matings on GRNZ site the other day.

Banjo Boy x Judy In Disguise

No problems with sire but Judy In Disguise 33 starts with 1 win in 18.02 @ hatrix and three placings.

Maybe there is a cross or nick i 'dont see there but one hell of a punt to breed. I've tried breeding a litter once with not much luck and a hell of alot of cost involved and that was 5yrs ago, it costs more now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Young Laddie, the last time you posted was on the other site almost 3 weeks ago and it has been  dead ever since... Maybe there is a reason for Judy In Disguise being mated    but it really is no concern of yours ..As you say you are not paying the bills ,having your say is one thing,  but picking on one example from a big list of matings is another...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tryagain said:

Young Laddie, the last time you posted was on the other site almost 3 weeks ago and it has been  dead ever since... Maybe there is a reason for Judy In Disguise being mated    but it really is no concern of yours ..As you say you are not paying the bills ,having your say is one thing,  but picking on one example from a big list of matings is another...? 

I'm sure we will get to see an exciting group of c1 sprinters out of that bitch. Will certainly add to the depth of a Wanganui Wednesday meeting.

I understand completley why he highlighted this particular brood bitch. Best of luck to the connections of this dog as you are going to need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

I'm sure we will get to see an exciting group of c1 sprinters out of that bitch. Will certainly add to the depth of a Wanganui Wednesday meeting. Best of luck to the connections of this dog

Today's low grade  meeting is far stronger than tomorrow's meeting and generally most meetings in the northern region IMO... if ya take walsh's nice young dogs out of the Northern meetings they are far worse than the wanganui / palmy meetings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheMug said:

Today's low grade  meeting is far stronger than tomorrow's meeting and generally most meetings in the northern region IMO... if ya take walsh's nice young dogs out of the Northern meetings they are far worse than the wanganui / palmy meetings.

 wonder how many dogs would have broken 31 and 18 today as most winning margins were by 3L or more? Outside of Aherns team and a few of Roberts, the CD dogs looked reasonably weak today. If that's your idea of a strong meeting than NZ racing is doomed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lad27 said:

Had to say something I saw when looking at matings on GRNZ site the other day.

Banjo Boy x Judy In Disguise

No problems with sire but Judy In Disguise 33 starts with 1 win in 18.02 @ hatrix and three placings.

Maybe there is a cross or nick i 'dont see there but one hell of a punt to breed. I've tried breeding a litter once with not much luck and a hell of alot of cost involved and that was 5yrs ago, it costs more now.

I don't want it to sound like I'm having a go at you but... Like someone has just said you are not paying the bill. The cost is huge to have a litter I'm sure the people already no this who ever they are , for me you can't knock them at least they are trying hey it may cross well it may not who are we to say . Good luck to them , they could have brought 3 -5 from oz and they turn out to be no good not really much difference . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheMug said:

Today's low grade  meeting is far stronger than tomorrow's meeting and generally most meetings in the northern region IMO... if ya take walsh's nice young dogs out of the Northern meetings they are far worse than the wanganui / palmy meetings.

Tell me one of the dogs that won today that in your mind will be c5 and still racing in a year and a half ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, I know said:

Tell me one of the dogs that won today that in your mind will be c5 and still racing in a year and a half ? 

 

Bigtime Fever is a C5 sprinter in the next. 6 months for sure. Bigtime Power / Cawbourne Ruby have the potential to go thru the grades in time. 

Apart from the distance race tomorrow those Cambridge fields are disgusting for a high grade meeting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tryagain said:

Young Laddie, the last time you posted was on the other site almost 3 weeks ago and it has been  dead ever since... Maybe there is a reason for Judy In Disguise being mated    but it really is no concern of yours ..As you say you are not paying the bills ,having your say is one thing,  but picking on one example from a big list of matings is another...? 

I follow the matings with interest but that one stuck out, how do you say  'dogs balls'.

At the moment anyone can breed what they like but I feel a time will come when restrictions will be put in place for the bitch if raced, her performance will be assessed weather she can be breed from. Don't like the whole thought of that myself but I have a funny feeling that will come in a few years time.

Good luck with your venture and look forward to the results in a couple years to come.

P.S. i pick and choose when I want to make a comment ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheMug said:

 

Bigtime Fever is a C5 sprinter in the next. 6 months for sure. Bigtime Power / Cawbourne Ruby have the potential to go thru the grades in time. 

Apart from the distance race tomorrow those Cambridge fields are disgusting for a high grade meeting. 

You could be right all nice young dogs don't get me wrong but I said what ones will still be racing in a year and a half in c5 . Maybe they will maybe they won't . Now mug I'm going to call you on this and let's see if you reply . Would you class the trainers of the said dogs as "factory's" your words from the mcinerney post .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, I know said:

You could be right all nice young dogs don't get me wrong but I said what ones will still be racing in a year and a half in c5 . Maybe they will maybe they won't . Now mug I'm going to call you on this and let's see if you reply . Would you class the trainers of the said dogs as "factory's" your words from the mcinerney post .

Let's face it though, dogs like big time Jason looked like shining superstars against CD dogs on a Wednesday. You can't really judge those sort of dogs till they are racing C4/5 dogs. Fast dogs look like champions racing the type of fields they meet on a Wednesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CD dogs struggle against those same dogs in tommorow. When's the last time skuzi finished in the first four at Cambridge? Looks like a champion in the cd. Or thrilling Wilson. Looked like a top dog on monday, but I will be surprised if thrilling Wilson can do what it did Monday to that field tommorow.

All most CD dogs are good for is giving southern dogs and northern dogs a price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always hard away from home whoever you are . You will always look better on your home track . I'm not going to bag any dog or trainer coz it's just not in me . I don't care about times I punt on reliable dogs. As an owner I would rather my dog have an extra 50 starts than run the hands off the clock for one or two starts but hey that's just me . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I know said:

It's always hard away from home whoever you are . You will always look better on your home track . I'm not going to bag any dog or trainer coz it's just not in me . I don't care about times I punt on reliable dogs. As an owner I would rather my dog have an extra 50 starts than run the hands off the clock for one or two starts but hey that's just me . 

I'm not bagging these dogs, thrilling Wilson will be a nice dog and skuzi was a great dog a year ago. It just makes me laugh when someone suggests that a Thursday at Waikato is worse than Wednesday at Wanganui and these two dogs were first to come to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, greyhoundlover said:

I believe that skuzi made the Denis Cole memorial in Waikato, meaning that he had to have made top 4. Also made the top three in the dash for cash. Doesn't ahern travel to Auckland regularly and tends to win some races up there each time. 

Aherns strike rate at Auckland (.2788) is almost .1000 lower than her avg. strike rate (.3586). Obviously alot harder for her to win races there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I know said:

You could be right all nice young dogs don't get me wrong but I said what ones will still be racing in a year and a half in c5 . Maybe they will maybe they won't . Now mug I'm going to call you on this and let's see if you reply . Would you class the trainers of the said dogs as "factory's" your words from the mcinerney post .

Ahern = half the dogs of McInerney so far this season, well over 1000 less starters so far, 50+ more wins, and I can GUARANTEE Ahern has had FAR FAR more C4/C5 winners than Mcinerney. At least they breed / import quality... You can tell which one of those 2 operations is making money... Dog food, staff, 1 location vs 2... Obviously McInerney is doing something wrong and that is they are average breeders and breed with average dogs. Apart from Norm and a couple of sprinters I'm struggling to think of many of their dogs that have won a C5 middle distance / staying race this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMug said:

Ahern = half the dogs of McInerney so far this season, well over 1000 less starters so far, 50+ more wins, and I can GUARANTEE Ahern has had FAR FAR more C4/C5 winners than Mcinerney. At least they breed / import quality... You can tell which one of those 2 operations is making money... Dog food, staff, 1 location vs 2... Obviously McInerney is doing something wrong and that is they are average breeders and breed with average dogs. Apart from Norm and a couple of sprinters I'm struggling to think of many of their dogs that have won a C5 middle distance / staying race this season. 

Ahern races 90-130 dogs a year (including imports) and her representative at last years awards said they are breeding and rearing 3-400 dogs at a time and they want to increase there numbers. What happens to the other 300? only 1 out of 4 dogs are making the track according to her figures said in the speech and the figures on the NZGRA website. Hardly a successful breeding operation. Condoning one trainer while rubbishing the other for their breeding methods is ridiculous, especially if these figures are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Ahern races 90-130 dogs a year (including imports) and her representative at last years awards said they are breeding and rearing 3-400 dogs at a time and they want to increase there numbers. What happens to the other 300? only 1 out of 4 dogs are making the track according to her figures said in the speech and the figures on the NZGRA website. Hardly a successful breeding operation. Condoning one trainer while rubbishing the other for their breeding methods is ridiculous, especially if these figures are correct.

What figures on the NZGRA website? Any proof only 1 in 4 make the track? Sounds like your talking kaka to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greyhoundlover said:

But similar to some of the local trainers who race up there every week by the looks of things 

because its alot tougher and more competitive. In the CD and Down south, you are lucky to run into another good dog in your grade with as many races as they get per grade a week (the good dogs are spread out across the card) whereas you have to race the best of every grade in the upper north every meeting. To say that Cambridge on a thursday or Auckland on a Suday are as weak as Wanganui on a Wednesday is laughable.

how about we get this thread back on its proper topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this