RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kotare_Hunter

What has the Brodsters tip actually been upto?

29 minutes ago, Davewato said:

Wow this is crap, throwing a guy under the bus for something that he didnt do, if any of you bus drivers know or have met craig you would know what to believe. 

Do you think they have got the fines way out of kilter Davewato ?

44 minutes ago, Davewato said:

Wow this is crap, throwing a guy under the bus for something that he didnt do, if any of you bus drivers know or have met craig you would know what to believe. 

Welcome to Racecafe Davewatto

We can only believe what we are being told,and at this stage  all evidence is pointing to Craig administering wrong horse.I am sure  would like to hear  if you have evidence to the contrary.

So tell us what to believe,if it was not Craig  that administered said drug to Melina Lowe then who?Another stable rep.Even though Craigs orders were to administer the drug to stable runners himself after last race.

Obviously Kirk or any of his team didnt as none found in posession at races,Dunn stable were found in posession at races.

None found at Kirks  stable,Dunn stable use all the time.

Kirks vet had never sold or administered any of said drug to Kirk or his horses.Dunns openly and legally administer to their horses.

7 hours ago, richie-Richard McGee said:

Why would vet come under question when it is common practice for a lot of stables to administer this drug to help with horses recovery?Dunns owners all know because it is on there monthly bill,and what makes it a dodgy practice,it is only a recovery drug not a performance enhancing drug.Most top athletes take recovery drugs,indeed the greatest team of all time,All Blacks have a system in place where drugs can be administered for recovery purposes if required.Obviously with a 4 day stand down period their horses on the circuit at the moment wont be getting it until after last meeting today.

What makes you think that Dunns were happy for Kirk to take the fall?They rightly said that they were not present so unsure what happened but it is stable protocol to administer said drug after all horses have raced.I think Robert and John would be the first ones to apologise to Kirk if they thought it was their fault but the facts are that nobody knows how it got in said horses system for sure and RIU and everybody involved have basically stated that.

My personal opinion is that Craig has made an honest  mistake and is unsure which horse he gave it too,and also hasnt followed stable protocol.

I see your points would be valid if one iota of proof GFC, but i think you are just clutching at something that not intentional and just human error. 

I see you have only posted 3 times on this site and all on this subject.is this a personal crusade.

Can't see how you can compare this to the All Blacks! They have a team doctor who administers all drugs on an individual basis. Dunns on the other hand send stable boy to Forbury under instruction to inject all horses. Drugs taken on course illegally in a gear bag which at times is unsupervised. If that is Dunns protocol then it was a recipe for disaster. If people thought that every All Black was given a prescribed pain relief after each  game questions would be asked. If a mistake has been made by Craig Smith then why isn't he man enough to own up to his mistake. If rules were abided to by not bringing prohibited substances on course without authority  then we wouldn't be where we are now!

No matter how this case is translated it is the owners getting shafted. Lost stake through no fault of their own.

Can the RIU please start publishing transcripts rather than reports. The resulting transparency may well be blinding to us minnows but hey. Life would be so much more peachy and the likes of this Smith bloke wouldn't get bashed from pillar to post.

On a side note, had never heard of the bloke so I googled him. Craig Smith the athelete Facebook page is fantastic stuff. 

Now I will freely admit that I am certainly not the smartest cookie floating around hence why I am struggling to understand what actually happened. But if someone could put a transcript down in front of me of all conversations held during the investigation, and help me out with all the big words I could then freely and without prejudice come to my own conclusions.

Its a terrible shame that the RIU have come out of this looking like fools. A terrible shame. They have clearly got something wrong and are waiting for it to die a natural death or they have their hands tied for some unknown reason that will no doubt never be released to the minnows. 

10 hours ago, Hayden Sefonte said:

Can the RIU please start publishing transcripts rather than reports. The resulting transparency may well be blinding to us minnows but hey. Life would be so much more peachy and the likes of this Smith bloke wouldn't get bashed from pillar to post.

On a side note, had never heard of the bloke so I googled him. Craig Smith the athelete Facebook page is fantastic stuff. 

Now I will freely admit that I am certainly not the smartest cookie floating around hence why I am struggling to understand what actually happened. But if someone could put a transcript down in front of me of all conversations held during the investigation, and help me out with all the big words I could then freely and without prejudice come to my own conclusions.

Its a terrible shame that the RIU have come out of this looking like fools. A terrible shame. They have clearly got something wrong and are waiting for it to die a natural death or they have their hands tied for some unknown reason that will no doubt never be released to the minnows. 

Hands are tied because they have no proof of what happened.Craig Smith is probably the only one that knows what happened and if he denies it then RIU cant prove it was him that administered the drug.A bit like the rape case down south involving a few of the Canterbury boys a few years ago.All evidence was inconclusive and Harness Racing NZ swept it under the carpet as police had  no proof ,only hearsay.Even though the logical conclusion was that it happened.

8 hours ago, richie-Richard McGee said:

A bit like the rape case down south involving a few of the Canterbury boys a few years ago.All evidence was inconclusive and Harness Racing NZ swept it under the carpet as police had  no proof ,only hearsay.Even though the logical conclusion was that it happened.

You can't be sure it wasn't consensual "at the time"

8 hours ago, richie-Richard McGee said:

Hands are tied because they have no proof of what happened.Craig Smith is probably the only one that knows what happened and if he denies it then RIU cant prove it was him that administered the drug.

The charges are a reflection of what the accused told them a what the accused would plead guilty to.

The penalties however reflect how I imagine the RIU actually feels about things.