RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

New position or replacement?

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Good luck to Michelle but the mythical portability of skills concept does not cut it when it comes to the racing industry administration. If the NZRB are serious about cutting costs they should not be appointing any new staff and should spread the duties of departing staff amongst existing personnel.

Of which there are plenty!

Don't worry, they are advertising for more on the website, including People Operations Administrator and Recruitment Advisor.

The chain of command here goes :

General Manager People

Head of People Operations

People Operations Administrator

Senior Recruitment Advisor

People Operations Co-Ordinator

People Data Analyst

They are taking the piss aren't they......what do these people actually do....???!

And we wonder why we have no money......:rolleyes:

Guest 2Admin2

Geez look at this part of the Job Advert!!!  It is for real!  They mention the coffee but not the sausage roll warmer!!

What we offer you:

• a good dose of crazy
  • plenty of opportunity to be involved and provide input into new things
  • challenging and interesting work
  • a commitment to doing things differently
  • a fun, social environment
  • fully subsidised health insurance
  • an onsite cafe with the best priced coffee in town

Guest 2Admin2
6 minutes ago, Leggy said:

fully subsidised health insurance ?

Does fully subsidised mean fully paid?

Do the rank and file of the industry subsidise the coffee as well?

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Don't worry, they are advertising for more on the website, including People Operations Administrator and Recruitment Advisor.

The chain of command here goes :

General Manager People

Head of People Operations

People Operations Administrator

Senior Recruitment Advisor

People Operations Co-Ordinator

People Data Analyst

They are taking the piss aren't they......what do these people actually do....???!

And we wonder why we have no money......:rolleyes:

All those layers is just ridiculous.  Years ago I worked for a multinational with over 3000 employees.  We had one Human Resources Manager and I don't think she even had an assistant.  The managers of divisions, business units or whatever you wanted to call them, managed their people with the assistance of the Human Resources Manager where necessary.

Next time you get your share from a 7 k stakes race, take a look at this list and you'll have one of the reasons why you got so little.

So how do all those who believed John Allen's road show "sincerity" feel now ?

And this is only the tip of the iceberg, how about the 4 million in travel per annum ( plus another 4 million in "other" unidentified expenses ), at an average of $5,000 per employee ( travel only ) when the Auckland City Council spends 1 million per annum on travel at an average of just over $1,000 per employee.

A. C. Council has 40 billion in assets including major shareholdings in Auckland airport and Ports Of Auckland....NZRB has a mere 350 million revenue.....drain the swamp, they're totally out of control and NO ONE has the guts to revolt, to stand up to the parasites and say enough is enough.

PD People Operations Administrator_December 2016.pdf

Have a read of this job description. It's for real. How can anyone advertise a position where the first offer is "a good dose of crazy". Whoever approved this does not have much respect for the organisation let alone those of us further down the food chain.

Whoops this pdf doesn't quote "the good dose of crazy" but certainly the first page of the job advert on the NZRB website does.

People Operations Administrator - Wellington 

?bm=glry&id=00esaictb8d1r7039ph5qyqivg&v=1

What we do:
Here at the New Zealand Racing Board, everything we do supports racing and sports in New Zealand. Through our operations, we help promote, take bets on, and fund these great Kiwi pastimes, providing over $140 million a year to racing and sports.

As a totally Kiwi organisation, NZRB directly employs more than 870 people from across the country, working in a broad range of roles and functions. From betting to broadcasting, technology to retail, marketing to finance, and everything in between, we offer a unique and diverse workplace.

The New Zealand racing industry is a significant contributor to our economy, both at a national and regional level.  NZRB is at the heart of this, and is committed to working with the wider industry to build a sustainable future for all.

What you'll be doing:
You'll be responsible for creating all employee relationship documentation and often be the first point of contact for people leaders and staff when interacting with the People team.  

You'll also support the People team with team administration and always be looking for improvements and better ways of working where possible.

What we are looking for:
If you love love admin, hate being bored and always want something to do then this is your role.  We're looking for someone with stellar administration skills and a keen eye for detail.  You'll also be curious to try new things and focused on making things easier and more efficient.

What we offer you:

• a good dose of crazy

How to apply:
Click on the Apply Now button to register and apply with your current CV and covering letter outlining your background and interest in the role.

Applications close on Sunday, 15th of January.

Job Details
Reference # 13164
Posted:  Dec 23, 2016
Closes:  Jan 15, 2017
Location(s) Wellington - NZRB Office
Expertise Human Resources
Work type(s) Permanent
More details (document) PD People Operations Administrator_December 2016.pdf
Edited by Cobba
Added more info

11 minutes ago, Cobba said:

PD People Operations Administrator_December 2016.pdf

Have a read of this job description. It's for real. How can anyone advertise a position where the first offer is "a good dose of crazy". Whoever approved this does not have much respect for the organisation let alone those of us further down the food chain.

They must read the site as job description has been removed.......

Guest 2Admin2
11 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

They must read the site as job description has been removed.......

Nup it is still there.  The Peoples Job Advertiser Manager is having lunch.

9 minutes ago, hesi said:

NZ domestic racing only represents 19% of RB turnover, probably down to 16% this year, would they care, other than their obligation under the Racing Act.

Don't know the legalities, but if 'the show' was withdrawn, then the RB would withhold payments to NZTR

You think !!

Wait and see.

3 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Geez you at this part of the Job Advert!!!  It is for real!  They mention the coffee but not the sausage roll warmer!!

What we offer you:

• a good dose of crazy

You have to admit, it is very accurate.

They are mostly crazy

They do do things, although just what the things are God knows.

It is certainly challenging work.

They certainly do things differently

They are very social

I think someone with quite a sense of humour has written that job description.

17 hours ago, Toblerone said:

Basically the role is micro-managing all the commentators and presenters. I'm lead to believe the position was created for the former holder after the CEO met her on a plane? Second hand, of course. 

Had heard Greg O'Connor was in the running for it, which would have seemed a much more logical appointment. But I'm sure Michelle will bring professionalism to the role.

No way, that would set an ugly predecent getting someone like Greg O'Connor into head office. He knows something about Racing.

26 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

You have to admit, it is very accurate.

They are mostly crazy

They do do things, although just what the things are God knows.

It is certainly challenging work.

They certainly do things differently

They are very social

I think someone with quite a sense of humour has written that job description.

And he/she is content in the knowledge that if they get sick drinking too much of that "best priced coffee", they are covered...:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Toblerone said:

Basically the role is micro-managing all the commentators and presenters. I'm lead to believe the position was created for the former holder after the CEO met her on a plane? Second hand, of course. 

Had heard Greg O'Connor was in the running for it, which would have seemed a much more logical appointment. But I'm sure Michelle will bring professionalism to the role.

If that is true, and I have my doubts, then it is a complete waste of time. Most of these people, certainly the commentators, are perfectly capable of handling the media, and have been for some time, so why they see the need for yet another Manager is just recruitment gone mad. If the role is to improve Trackside presenters, I would have thought they should have already sorted that..who trained them before they went on air...?? Were they trained at all I hear you ask, and a reasonable question..

I'd bet she will be getting Racing more into mainstream media wherever possible, getting "feelgood" stories and any good news ( real or imagined ) out there via her contacts, particularly at TV3. We saw an example of that last night with the segment on Barbara Blackie. John Allen obviously sees the need to change perceptions....this is just the start.

Guest 2Admin2
5 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

If that is true, and I have my doubts, then it is a complete waste of time. Most of these people, certainly the commentators, are perfectly capable of handling the media, and have been for some time, so why they see the need for yet another Manager is just recruitment gone mad. If the role is to improve Trackside presenters, I would have thought they should have already sorted that..who trained them before they went on air...?? Were they trained at all I hear you ask, and a reasonable question..

I'd bet she will be getting Racing more into mainstream media wherever possible, getting "feelgood" stories and any good news ( real or imagined ) out there via her contacts, particularly at TV3. We saw an example of that last night with the segment on Barbara Blackie. John Allen obviously sees the need to change perceptions....this is just the start.

How can you tart up a sow's ear?  Although very nice and fluffy about Barbara Blackie does it actually change the punters perception that we have a crap product?  Will it increase turnover?

I think Ohokaman is suggesting this bird Pickles will be in charge of propoganda, and so she'll orchestrate news that'll suggest all is well and the industry is in good health.

They typically used David Ellis for this but having spoken to him just recently I doubt he'll be "polishing the turd" for them this year. He's quite dark on the game at the moment.

Anyway if this propoganda strategy is true it all ties in, Barton to NZTR, Dillon to the NZRB, ditto Guerin to Trackside....Rodley....the only independent is Lichter really and he's pretty much doing his own thing now.

They've bought the media, just as they do in North Korea........now, where's the drain to that stinking swamp ?.....

19 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

How can you tart up a sow's ear?  Although very nice and fluffy about Barbara Blackie does it actually change the punters perception that we have a crap product?  Will it increase turnover?

Doubt it Admin, but give them time, see what they come up with...;)

16 minutes ago, Midget said:

I think Ohokaman is suggesting this bird Pickles will be in charge of propoganda, and so she'll orchestrate news that'll suggest all is well and the industry is in good health.

They typically used David Ellis for this but having spoken to him just recently I doubt he'll be "polishing the turd" for them this year. He's quite dark on the game at the moment.

Anyway if this propoganda strategy is true it all ties in, Barton to NZTR, Dillon to the NZRB, ditto Guerin to Trackside....Rodley....the only independent is Lichter really and he's pretty much doing his own thing now.

They've bought the media, just as they do in North Korea........now, where's the drain to that stinking swamp ?.....

Very perceptive Midgey.....;)

7 minutes ago, Midget said:

Cheer Up Midget.....aren't you on holiday ?

Before we all go and slit our collective wrists can you list some things that are a little or even somewhat good about the Industry [ or sport as Purcell calls it].

Then we will go and try to build on these teeny positives and make it happen.

I heard your family recently won a nice race with a nice stake ,did that ease the guts ache.....my horses can't win a $7k midweek ,others can't even make the field !

2017.....lets make something happen !!

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

Cheer Up Midget.....aren't you on holiday ?

Before we all go and slit our collective wrists can you list some things that are a little or even somewhat good about the Industry [ or sport as Purcell calls it].

Then we will go and try to build on these teeny positives and make it happen.

I heard your family recently won a nice race with a nice stake ,did that ease the guts ache.....my horses can't win a $7k midweek ,others can't even make the field !

2017.....lets make something happen !!

I only have good horses, haven't you noticed ? but my heart still bleeds for the poor bastards who put on the show but get no thanks, while the reptiles wallow in the swamp.

In ( sort of ) order my sympathies are toward;

Trainers, jockeys, stable staff, owners and punters.

You asked who we should celebrate, start with the great trainers, jockeys, studs, and owners, Peter Vela and NZB ( we'd be really fooked without them ) and those who're performing outstandingly well in the face of adversity.

Plus of course Ruakaka, Foxton, Taupo and Ellerslie at the club level.