RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Grant R

What will the Stipes do?

I just watched Tavidream win for the Logan Stable at Ruakaka this is what i felt. Now i'll start by saying the horse was worked up sweating like a pig and ran greenly and won easily BUT turning for home Opie steered him out to make a gap hitting another horse in doing so . Now worse was to come up the straight but i don't blame Opie for that the horse was as green as a cucumber and nearly took out Sam Whetherley's mount . Even Chris Gibbs said in interview after when asked where to next for this horse his comment was well we will have to see how long Opie will be on holiday after that ride

What are your thoughts fellow cafers was it enough to get a holiday and if he does will he miss Wellington next weekend like Coleman , Johnson etc 

I'd have thought they wouldn't do much, the horse was very raw, legs all over the place, head high......anyway it's all of no great moment because the most significant event in that race was the run of the second horse, Jake The Muss.

Get on him next time, and get even more on when he gets a trip.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

the run of the second horse, Jake The Muss.

breeding looks familiar :)

I watched the replay and couldn't see much wrong with what Bosson did at the top of the straight.  Other horse was rolling out a bit and there wasn't much contact - just what the punters would hope to see when he's on a $1.50 shot.

2 hours ago, Midget said:

I'd have thought they wouldn't do much, the horse was very raw, legs all over the place, head high......anyway it's all of no great moment because the most significant event in that race was the run of the second horse, Jake The Muss.

Agree with you about Jake the Muss huge run

NO WAHALLA (S Weatherley) Eased the pace approaching the 1000 metres with TAVIDREAM, VINORULES, SECRET HARMONY and TOP ACTRESS all over-racing for a distance. Apprentice Rider S Weatherley was severely reprimanded by Stewards and advised that he must not steady the pace to a degree which places riders behind him in difficulty. Raced in restricted room to the inside of TAVIDREAM which shifted in slightly passing the 200 metres with NO WAHALLA commencing to race greenly and shifting away from that runner making contact with the running rail and was hampered as a result. O Bosson was reprimanded by Stewards and advised he must exercise greater care in similar circumstances. 

spoke to shareholder of winner they celebrated twice one for win and second for Opie the talk was he was gone by the connections . In my opinion he got a early December 25 2017 present not even a warning listed against him on report at the top of page . 

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

Attacked a gap that was marginal on a cucumber then allowed the horse to shift in costing no wahalla a certain place div? All good:rolleyes: 

Thats how i read it as well but thats my opinion

Have you guys watched the replay at all?  I watched it again just now and he hardly touched the other horse at the top of the straight - good jockeys take those gaps all the time.  Yes he ran around a bit after that but I doubt that No Wahalla would have run a placing even without being hampered, and certainly wouldn't have beaten the winner.

Reprimand seems like the right response to the ride.

Also right to reprimand Sam Weatherly for steadying the pace so dramatically around the 1000m mark.  I backed him later in the day on She'sTooHotToTrot (so yes my wallet talking) and he still has a bit to learn.  In its last three starts this horse has drawn 4, 6 and 5 and he's managed to have it three wide on all three occasions and its been beaten less than a length on each occasion.  If it sees the rail at any point it will win a race.

2 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Have you guys watched the replay at all?  I watched it again just now and he hardly touched the other horse at the top of the straight - good jockeys take those gaps all the time.  Yes he ran around a bit after that but I doubt that No Wahalla would have run a placing even without being hampered, and certainly wouldn't have beaten the winner.

Also right to reprimand Sam Weatherly for steadying the pace so dramatically around the 1000m mark.  I backed him later in the day on She'sTooHotToTrot (so yes my wallet talking) and he still has a bit to learn.  In its last three starts this horse has drawn 4, 6 and 5 and he's managed to have it three wide on all three occasions and its been beaten less than a length on each occasion.  If it sees the rail at any point it will win a race.

I have watched it several times I suppose i am looking at consistency in there rulings of late Danielle Johnson for example thats probably my only gripe 

2 hours ago, The Crucible said:

Hey Crucey if that check didn't cost No Wahalla a place i will walk Naked through an automated car wash . 8 times out of ten the rider doesn't take the 'gap'(:rolleyes:)and gets beaten. Blind Freddie could see the best horse won but what happens between the start and finish has to be relevant,he rode that horse like James backed it :ph34r:....watch it again Crucey this time without your rose coloured glasses:)

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Hey Crucey if that check didn't cost No Wahalla a place i will walk Naked through an automated car wash 

Is that the premium wash cycle or just the basic wash?  I'm guessing that detergent might be quite caustic.

That horse fell in a hole the last 50 -100m and the check didn't cause that - the horse can't run out a strong 1400m - has happened in each of its last three runs.  Also have a look at the replay and see how unbalanced it was before Tavidream even got in front of it.  

9 hours ago, The Crucible said:

Is that the premium wash cycle or just the basic wash?  I'm guessing that detergent might be quite caustic.

That horse fell in a hole the last 50 -100m and the check didn't cause that - the horse can't run out a strong 1400m - has happened in each of its last three runs.  Also have a look at the replay and see how unbalanced it was before Tavidream even got in front of it.  

Really :rolleyes:. crucey, I'm  sure you've seen as many races as most on here and I'm sure you no mug, I'm putting this one down to egg nog over indulgence and way to much sun. Freshen up and watch it again:)