RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bruce M

Dillon...Time to Start Wondering

Poor Mike is not improving. In his On Form feature in today's Herald he writes about Te Rapa trainer David Green. Sorry but the name is David Greene. Later in the article he refers to the Thornton Mile instead of the Thorndon mile. Don't the Herald employ proof readers these days?

16 minutes ago, billy connolly said:

It's a sub-editors job to correct grammar/punctuation/spelling etc. Print media use(d) to employ their own sub-editors but sub-editing is contracted out to some overseas outfit now-days.        

Watch your grammar bc if you're going to correct everybody else. Did use to, or didn't use to, but as a verb ....."print media used to employ"...

Mike Dillon - the bloke who served it up on  Sunline when she failed that first time overseas.  Article  went along the lines of  all   AUSTRALASIAN horses being overrated and we had to realise  even Cox Plate winners weren't up to international standard. He's allowed his opinion naturally,  but nothing about her being off colour then which she apparently was.  Then when she went back and won in Hong Kong and ran 3rd in Dubai he was all over her like a fly on a manky sausage.  He'd have been hoping readers forgot  all about the first analysis.

18 hours ago, gubellini said:

Poor Mike is not improving. In his On Form feature in today's Herald he writes about Te Rapa trainer David Green. Sorry but the name is David Greene. Later in the article he refers to the Thornton Mile instead of the Thorndon mile. Don't the Herald employ proof readers these days?

Yes Gub, blind ones.....;)

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

you wouldn't believe it ! About to go and muster the lambs in and the 'boss lady' said get the EWES TOO :huh:

yous have been reading too much south auckland facebook posts ae bro

Mike into comedy these days. Quote from his "Punting" column in Saturdays Herald on Stolen Dance at Trentham: "the high-class mare would have to fall over to miss the 1-2-3". She finished 9th. Fell in at Tauranga last start in a four horse field and a shadow of her former self.

30 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Mike into comedy these days. Quote from his "Punting" column in Saturdays Herald on Stolen Dance at Trentham: "the high-class mare would have to fall over to miss the 1-2-3". She finished 9th. Fell in at Tauranga last start in a four horse field and a shadow of her former self.

I would tend to be quite forgiving to Stolen Dance and a lot of the Thorndon field that did not fire a shot in the race, including some very good horses (Ruud Not Too, Girl Of My Dreams, Seize The Moment, The Justice League)

I thought the track played very tired and false (especially towards the end of the day) and the inside was clearly off, times show it was not a true Dead 4 and it's understandable that the track played this wayafter the crazy decision to be racing at Trentham 4 Saturday's in a row and added to that the large amounts of rain that fell in the last week.

The winner loves a dead/slightly off track and she was brilliant but Prince Of Passion/Abidewithme/Volkstock and Serious Satire all ran on well wide on the track where by that stage it looked clearly better.

Funny race and could be some mixed form out of it so a few forgives, the way I read the race anyway .

On 1/21/2017 at 7:05 PM, barryb said:

Bloody harsh Jimbob, how about you just post the full story instead of giving 1/2 the facts mate.

You can do exactly the same as you can with Aussie accounts and withdraw to your bank account.

You made the choice to drive around everywhere looking for a TAB (especially when you can go to the webstie and click on my nearest TAB's),

you go to a Australian TAB corp agency, I asked for a 5k collect and I got cash bundled up within 5min, try that in any outlet in NZ

11 hours ago, gubellini said:

Just shows the folly of tipping a horse to run 1-2-3 in a Group One race

Des Coppins managed to do it the week before.  Didn't tip one that had won a 15 k race by a nose at its last start though.  Still a nice mare.