RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fiery Falcon

Auckland Racing Club-Paul Kenny-Hypocrites

I can just see New Years Eve Dream About Me wins the Auckland Trotting Cup and Paul Kenny the owner and also Chairman of the Auckland Racing Club makes a speech stating how great harness racing is.

Go back to the Auckland Racing Club  Meeting on Thursday  the 29th December 2 trackside channels showing on course  one showing Ellerslie gallops and late in the afternoon gallops and trotting meetings from the outback of Australia up till they came on we had to put up with the drivel from Popplewell and Rodley about Ellerslie,World Darts and anything else to fill in the time.

The other trackside channel showing trots from Motukarara and Winton which you watched in silence someone from the sound department told me that Ellerslie had issued instructions for the sound on this channel not to be turned up.

Pity the poor intertrack punter oncourse who cares I can stay home and not have to put up with this,Motukarara had a $50,000 pick six not Ellerslie.In future does Harness Racing NZ tell Motikarara where there were thousands and other clubs compared to the 100s at Ellerslie not to have the sound on when races are shown from Ellerslie .

Of course Ellerslie were supporting racing in NZ???????? if you are going to do this in future Ellerslie set aside a room in the members stand and public where I can watch all NZ races with the sound on.

I stopped betting at your meeting after race 1 and I attend all meetings but I feel the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer need a kick up the bum.

If Dream about Me was racing at Motukarara I doubt we would have to watch the races in silence all your club seems to be concerned about is the amount of drink you can sell.

38 minutes ago, Fiery Falcon said:

all your club seems to be concerned about is the amount of drink you can sell.

Got it in ONE Fiery! Coupled with that f..king terrible music blaring out and reverberating at high decibel level into the Members Stand. What is wrong with the idiots running the place. Most genuine horse supporters would rather talk amongst themselves, have a drink, study the form and admire the beauty and serenity of the Ellerslie vista without having their auditory receptors assailed by head-banger music.

I thought things might improve when those clowns Weaver and Castles decamped but no such luck.

3 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Got it in ONE Fiery! Coupled with that f..king terrible music blaring out and reverberating at high decibel level into the Members Stand. What is wrong with the idiots running the place. Most genuine horse supporters would rather talk amongst themselves, have a drink, study the form and admire the beauty and serenity of the Ellerslie vista without having their auditory receptors assailed by head-banger music.

I thought things might improve when those clowns Weaver and Castles decamped but no such luck.

I'm a fan of both codes but can we really single out Paul Kenny for the tvs being turned down?

That being said I'm fully of the opinion that major tracks should have at least one room, lounge or area which is for real racing fans/punters and that they should be able to watch and hear every race if they choose to.

5 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Spot on, chevy86 ! Every time I get a request to complete a survey on the previous Ellerslie racemeeting I have attended I reply saying please stop playing that wretched music (and it really is wretched !) between races. It is at high volume, is the worst music imaginable, blares out into the public (and apparently Members) stands and prevents any attempt at conversation.  Completely unnecessary and for me is most unwelcome. I go to racemeetings to see horses race, I go to concerts to listen to music ....I'm no fan at all of attempts to mix-and-match between the two, especially when the "music" (and I use that term loosely) is absolute rubbish ! 

23 minutes ago, Right first time said:

Spot on, chevy86 ! Every time I get a request to complete a survey on the previous Ellerslie racemeeting I have attended I reply saying please stop playing that wretched music (and it really is wretched !) between races. It is at high volume, is the worst music imaginable, blares out into the public (and apparently Members) stands and prevents any attempt at conversation.  Completely unnecessary and for me is most unwelcome. I go to racemeetings to see horses race, I go to concerts to listen to music ....I'm no fan at all of attempts to mix-and-match between the two, especially when the "music" (and I use that term loosely) is absolute rubbish ! 

Surely there can be a place for both.

33 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

Surely there can be a place for both.

There is... my place. I can switch between both Trackside channels AND control the volume of my TV!

Of course Punters are not the target demograph on course (at Ellerslie) anymore. Pretty obvious really, when they turn down (off) racing from other courses but turn up the music/racket! 

When you go to a mall there is often background music, not "blast them out of the shops" type noise.

And yes Miget, it was almost funny (like in "are they serious?") the first few meetings but that has worn off now. Well done ARC, you have lost another few punters on course. We won't be missed New Years Day, but how about most other meetings when only a few hundred normally turn up? 

Spot on as well, Geoff.

That's brave ! :). Word to the wise. Not sure I would have introduced Midget's name to your observations - judging by other threads I've had the misfortune to stunble upon over the past two or three days you are likely to be stalked unrelentingly now on this thread ! Thank God there's an 'off' button on your computer.

Happy punting, Geoff !

Thats why when I looked across from the infield to the members stand it was empty yet the full house sign was up. 

I ended up in the beer tent with a few non racing mates, we all had a great time giving ratings to the lovely fillies that walked past.  I was the only person in our group that saw a race and gambled.

I didn't enjoy the music selection but I noticed a lot did and when I looked around most people weren't there for the races they were there for the tradition, the event, the party and that adds to the great day it is. 

1 hour ago, bestbets said:

Thats why when I looked across from the infield to the members stand it was empty yet the full house sign was up. 

So true BB's. Years ago the every level of the Members Stand used to be full, as was the old Public Stand, including the "standing" upper level. Now the middle levels of the Members is derelict, non-operational, bird-shit everywhere. Beats me why the "house full" sign goes up but I guess they have a ratio of guests/goons in fluoro vests that must be adhered to now that horse-racing is incidental and getting pissed is the "force du jour". The official word was that the crowd was "well-behaved" but I certainly witnessed a few lasses struggling to stay vertical ( and no doubt in no mental state to assess "consent" later in the day) and more than one lad trying to resist hand-cuffing by the constabulary. I guess "well-behaved", like profanity, is a relative term today.