RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
OPB Fan

Disgusting Language on Trackside

my daughter is talking to a mate on snap-chat at mo...fuck this,fuck that...normal speak these days.

The speed and unexpected include of the word used by Leo at the time surprised all, and even I had a laugh.

Don,t know the guy, he owes the media zilch.. whats all the fuss is about?.

2 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Geeze ,it took you long enough Scooby. For such a small but obviously galvanizing blemish in an on air interview ,I don't think I have seen such vitriolic on here.

No offence but it should have been shut down long ago. Learning curve maybe, or favoritism ?. How about small mans disease ?

You wanna start moderating too... no favoritism..ask Leo yourselves if he gets favors here... you all need to just take a breath...FUCK is not such a bad word now days it is used everywhere...hell I saw it on a billboard in the middle of Auckland today...move on people move on... I will shut down the threads when I feel like it ...cheers.

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Trump Leo no longer has an ownership interest in Consensus. Other family members do.

Who cares re this piece of useless information......his 'company' bred the horse , the horse is 'owned' by his family including his late mother.......he 'manages' the horse ,he was the only person of the 'family / ownership' of the horse present at the races........at the least he was official spokesman for the horse ,so for all intents and purposes he was an 'exhilarated owner'.

Plus he possibly owns the mother or part of it , plus some of the horse's close relations which are again possibly in a family or company name.

So regardless of how you spin it , he is an 'owner' .......and winning a Group One is something to get excited about  , so whats the fuss with the so called 'F bomb'.

Guest 2Admin2
30 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Thanks tasman man 11. I hope Consensus wins another Group One. The acid test will be will Trackside TV offer Leo another interview?

Why wouldn't they?  He isn't inane and boring like most of their presenters and says what most of them would love to say on air.

He's a ratings gold mine!

If they had any sense they would put him and Roger James on the next Sleep In woops I meant Weigh In.

47 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Thanks tasman man 11. I hope Consensus wins another Group One. The acid test will be will Trackside TV offer Leo another interview?

Ok, here's what happened.

I was there because my entire family ( the owners ) were at the bach down south.

I also have a special relationship with Consensus because I bred her with my good friend Mike Lum, I'm her vet, and because until recently I owned half of her, and I still own half her dam and half of her full sister.

On that basis I have a sense of entitlement with her.

Anyway Rodley apparently expressed a desire to interview me because he knew I was there ( hard to miss me in my new blue check seersucker jacket and Armani glasses, Louis Vuitton blue shoes, with hair by Morgan & Morgan, product by Redken ...ok enough wankerage ...) anyway Rodley was told by the on site director in the OB unit NOT to interview me because you couldn't guarantee I'd say appropriate things, but he apparently over rode the director and went ahead, and I just did what I do, I'm real, I told the truth and expressed myself in an informed, arguably passionate, but controlled manner.

It's fucking good television IMO and whilst I wouldn't do it Trackside would be 100% better if I was on every week instead of the insipid Bert & Ernie shite we get now. Let's be honest, like NZ racing Trackside is in a tailspin driven by mediocrity and zero talent .... and when someone like me comes along that all changes, it morphs into compulsory viewing.

Does anyone remember the Michael Jackson line I delivered live that day at Awapuni, that's still the best and funniest line ever on that channel, and I've got hundreds of lines like that.

Anyway, to close, if anyone was offended by my honesty and frankness you can go fuck yourselves, you need to get a life.

HaHa. It's obvious some have not been around racing (stables etc) very long.

Go follow another another  sport , a more sedate one perhaps, or even join a book club, but I do not know where you will find one to suit.

36 minutes ago, gubellini said:

They would be silly not to!...ratings would rocket...a handful like OPB fan may switch off due to an unknown ulterior motive, or brown tongue,

This PC bullshit has been around far too long,....

4 minutes ago, Midget said:

I was there because my entire family ( the owners ) were at the bach down south.

I also have a special relationship with Consensus because I bred her with my good friend Mike Lum, I'm her vet, and because until recently I owned half of her, and I still own half her dam and half of her full sister.

Anyway Rodley apparently expressed a desire to interview me because he knew I was there ( hard to miss me in my new blue check seersucker jacket and Armani glasses, Louis Vuitton blue shoes, with hair by Morgan & Morgan, product by Redken ...ok enough wankerage ...) anyway Rodley was told by the on site director in the OB unit NOT to interview me because you couldn't guarantee I'd say appropriate things, but he apparently over rode the director and went ahead, and I just did what I do, I'm real, I told the truth and expressed myself in an informed, arguably passionate, but controlled manner.

It's fucking good television IMO and whilst I wouldn't do it Trackside would be 100% better if I was on every week instead of the insipid Bert & Ernie shite we get now. Let's be honest, like NZ racing Trackside is in a tailspin driven mediocrity and zero talent .... and when someone like me comes along that all changes, it morphs into compulsory viewing.

Does anyone remember the Michael Jackson line I delivered live that day at Awapuni, that's still the best and funniest line ever on that channel, and I've got hundreds of lines like that.

Anyway, to close, if anyone was offended by my honesty and frankness you can go fuck yourselves, you need to get a life.

Jeepers I like your attitude, and thanks for your insight to actual events on the day,

Directors word goes, so hope you not stirring!

Personally I couldn,t give a fuck if you were in jean shorts and Jandels and skulling a Tui...Singing Micheal Jacksons "Beat It"

I have only had shares in a couple of Donkeys , so congrats on the Group 1...

25 minutes ago, Midget said:

It's fucking good television IMO and whilst I wouldn't do it Trackside would be 100% better if I was on every week instead of the insipid Bert & Ernie shite we get now. Let's be honest, like NZ racing Trackside is in a tailspin driven by mediocrity and zero talent .... and when someone like me comes along that all changes, it morphs into compulsory viewing.

Good to see you mellowing with age Midgey, and showing contrition like a good Catholic should.....:D

13 minutes ago, porky said:

They would be silly not to!...ratings would rocket...a handful like OPB fan may switch off due to an unknown ulterior motive, or brown tongue,

This PC bullshit has been around far too long,....

Jeepers I like your attitude, and thanks for your insight to actual events on the day,

Directors word goes, so hope you not stirring!

Personally I couldn,t give a fuck if you were in jean shorts and Jandels and skulling a Tui...Singing Micheal Jacksons "Beat It"

I have only had shares in a couple of Donkeys , so congrats on the Group 1...

No the director story is gospel, she told me to my face later shortly after the event in question.

If it matters I wasn't offended, I just thought "how pathetic" and no wonder Trackside is fucked as an entertainment entity.

I actually mix with heavyweight media people daily so I do have a bit of an insight into these matters, and my comments have gravity.

Guest 2Admin2

Just for those who have difficulty visualising the self described sartorial elegance of Midge at Ellerslie I have taken the liberty of posting a description of "seersucker" which his jacket was made of.  My dearly departed mother used to own tablecloths of the material and it's mention bought back fond memories of picnics on them at Lake Kaniere.

Seersucker is a thin, puckered, all-cottonfabric, commonly striped or chequered, used to make clothing for spring and summer wear. The word came into English from Persian, and originates from the words sheer and shakar, literally meaning "milk and sugar", probably from the resemblance of its smooth and rough stripes to the smooth texture of milk and the bumpy texture of sugar.[1] Seersucker is woven in such a way that some threadsbunch together, giving the fabric a wrinkled appearance in places. This feature causes the fabric to be mostly held away from the skin when worn, facilitating heat dissipation and air circulation. It also means that pressing is not necessary.

Common items of clothing made from seersucker include suits, shorts, shirts,curtains, dresses, and robes. The most common colors for it are white and blue; however, it is produced in a wide variety of colors, usually alternating colored stripes and puckered white stripes slightly wider than pin stripes.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Amen

35 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Just for those who have difficulty visualising the self described sartorial elegance of Midge at Ellerslie I have taken the liberty of posting a description of "seersucker" which his jacket was made of.  My dearly departed mother used to own tablecloths of the material and it's mention bought back fond memories of picnics on them at Lake Kaniere.

Seersucker is a thin, puckered, all-cottonfabric, commonly striped or chequered, used to make clothing for spring and summer wear. The word came into English from Persian, and originates from the words sheer and shakar, literally meaning "milk and sugar", probably from the resemblance of its smooth and rough stripes to the smooth texture of milk and the bumpy texture of sugar.[1] Seersucker is woven in such a way that some threadsbunch together, giving the fabric a wrinkled appearance in places. This feature causes the fabric to be mostly held away from the skin when worn, facilitating heat dissipation and air circulation. It also means that pressing is not necessary.

Common items of clothing made from seersucker include suits, shorts, shirts,curtains, dresses, and robes. The most common colors for it are white and blue; however, it is produced in a wide variety of colors, usually alternating colored stripes and puckered white stripes slightly wider than pin stripes.

Good enough for Atticus....though Midge probably looked better....;)

IMG_2007.JPG

When the topic went up I thought to myself like really, really??? WTF - really?

I love the diversity in the forum: LMAO

Personalities of the racing culture come in all shapes and sizes but its the unpredictability of EVERYTHING that stops life from been boring.

Trackside attempts to ensure one is to believe the fantasy world: the propaganda created with PC'ness - that 'life' is sweet with just a bit of sweat for the ladies.

Reality-check: its blood-sweat and tears for most at any level (of occupation). The joy & recognition is rightfully earned from heart-ache after heart-ache amidst BS people and the pain & agony others have to endure on their behalf until they and 'if' they get-their-time with a winner.

Frankly I find the Thread creation as intended, is narcissism at its best.

Guest 2Admin2
15 minutes ago, TBL said:

When the topic went up I thought to myself like really, really??? WTF - really?

I love the diversity in the forum: LMAO

Personalities of the racing culture come in all shapes and sizes but its the unpredictability of EVERYTHING that stops life from been boring.

Trackside attempts to ensure one is to believe the fantasy world: the propaganda created with PC'ness - that 'life' is sweet with just a bit of sweat for the ladies.

Reality-check: its blood-sweat and tears for most at any level (of occupation). The joy & recognition is rightfully earned from heart-ache after heart-ache amidst BS people and the pain & agony others have to endure on their behalf until they and 'if' they get-their-time with a winner.

Frankly I find the Thread creation as intended, is narcissism at its best.

Great thoughts TBL.  Too many in this game take themselves too seriously and others not seriously enough.  Unfortunately the Sport of Kings is becoming just that and equally unfortunately there can be very few who can afford to be Kings!

19 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

You wanna start moderating too... no favoritism..ask Leo yourselves if he gets favors here... you all need to just take a breath...FUCK is not such a bad word now days it is used everywhere...hell I saw it on a billboard in the middle of Auckland today...move on people move on... I will shut down the threads when I feel like it ...cheers.

Hell yeah,  a Gypsy in charge of a TB site. Now that would bring the house down. The word doesn't bother me one iota, it was the one-upmanship taking place with character assasinations that belittles the whole affair. Your show ,you run it as you see fit, but maybe a bit of self analysis would come in handy.

Regards Globe

There are only 7 words that you shouldn't say on television or in front of your mother...they are shit, piss, fuck, c#*t, motherfucker, cocksucker and tits. 

The interesting word of the group is without doubt "fuck".

-you could say "why don't you fuck off OPB

- or you could say "OPB do you want a fuck" ( there you go Midgie, I've set it up for you)

- or you could say "OPB, that was a fuck of a thing to do"

- or you could say "OPB, we don't give a fuck"

- or we could say " What sort of a fuck are you OPB"

In fact there is a "Fuck Word Dictionary" which states there are no fewer than 27 different meanings and connotations for the word. So how dim witted and out of touch are some people as to make a complaint for the use of a simple and often used word that has a book written about it?

A whole book on the word FUCK!

Good God, I don't even think that I have told someone to "fuck off"!

I certainly haven't said to anyone, "do you want a fuck"?

"Fucked of I know" though, I have said a thousand time, especially when someone asks, "Who do you think will win this race"?

Liz

I like the word as an interjection, followed by a command, then a noun and an adjective.

Fuck OPB, go get fucked and fuck off you motherfucking piece of fucking shit.

There we go, I feel much better now :) and of course you could sub OPB for any number of other fuckers, like Kakafucker from channel 2.

14 hours ago, Insider said:

Good God, I don't even think that I have told someone to "fuck off"!

"Fucked of I know" though, I have said a thousand time, especially when someone asks, "Who do you think will win this race"?

Liz

Good post insider, I,m was like you, until a good lady next door died of cancer and the house sold,

Anyway the new neighbour stuck her head over the fence (must have been standing on a box) and said "excuse me"...

Well I saw Red! and before she could utter another word, I said FUCK OFF...needless to say we keep our distance

and live amicable next door (they make the odd noise complaint to authorities on special occasions)...Paybacks when they have teens! 

1 hour ago, porky said:

Good post insider, I,m was like you, until a good lady next door died of cancer and the house sold,

Anyway the new neighbour stuck her head over the fence (must have been standing on a box) and said "excuse me"...

Well I saw Red! and before she could utter another word, I said FUCK OFF...needless to say we keep our distance

and live amicable next door (they make the odd noise complaint to authorities on special occasions)...Paybacks when they have teens! 

???