RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Slim Shady

Rule amendment question

Rule 43.11 nominations:

"A greyhound shall not be eligible to compete in more than 1 tote race over any 2 day period"

Does anybody know if the 2 days include the day of the last race or whether its two entire days? I know the stand down rule includes the day the stand down was imposed..is this the case with this new rule? ie: if a dog races Wednesday can it compete again on Friday?

8 minutes ago, ownagreyhound.co.nz said:

hey slim, the intent of the rule as i understand it is consecutive days. This being the case if a dog races wednesday it can race Friday. in the example you have proposed the wednesday is considered the first day it has competed on and the thursday would be the second day.

Many thanks for the answer. This means there is hope that the akl meeting scheduled for the 1st Jan may now go ahead with sufficient noms. Does seem odd however given that in the "real world" 2 days is not interpreted this way. Eitherway it goes I can unfortunately see this rule opening a large can of worms! (although I do support the rule amendment).