RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
alltheway!!!

Allegro Gun & Skuzi

Obviously connections are not too confident about these two dogs making both the Waikato classic and Denis Cole Memorial finals next week at Cambridge when they are both in at Wanganui on the same day as the finals. Will they be allowed to scratch penalty free? I hope not.

EDIT: In fact; almost all of Ahern's team in the heats of the Waikato meeting tomorrow are racing the same day as the finals.

I know that you can be a reserve on a Thursday and still nom for Friday.If dog gets a start on Thursday it is scratched from Friday penalty free.That is common sense.

However I dont see how you can be drawn into heats and nom for another meeting that is conducted the same day as the finals (well of course you can do it but).If those dogs get in any final one would assume they would be scratched from one meeting and be off to the JCA and fined and the dogs stood down for 28 days.The 28 days is ridiculous as its not the dogs or the owners fault and the trainer has already been punished by the way of a fine.

Anyway I could be wrong but thats what happened to me .

AC

12 minutes ago, I know said:

anyone know where the dogs are starting Cambridge or wanganui ? . No talk about Vegas Danny scr Friday started Saturday . 

Shouldn't be racing at either if I read it right. Dogs in heats for a final but also nominated for grade races at different venue. Qualified for final?

If the above is right how did NZGRA accept the noms for hatrick?

Rule 64.4 is quite clear that they will all be scratched and given 28 day stand down 

12 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Rules dont apply when the stipes are involved. They can just wave there magic wands and do what ever they want. I dont see why they should continue to waste money on writing and printing a new rule book every year when none of the rules in that book are actually applied

Guess matter of putting pressure on them to explain why  rules don't apply to certain kennels if indeed they get to scratch penalty free from wanganui and get media involved if not.

56 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Guess matter of putting pressure on them to explain why  rules don't apply to certain kennels if indeed they get to scratch penalty free from wanganui and get media involved if not.

According to the people who do the fields and draws, what Ahern has done is perfectly fine. So wouldnt expect too much

Common sense by clubs seems to go out the door....like auckland and cambridge closing noms at the same time on the same day....surly to maximise fields for the second meeting you would have a gap in the he times to allow dogs missing out on the first  to nom for the second meeting......ie the distance race features ..no wonder we struggle with middle and longer distance races..

5 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Common sense by clubs seems to go out the door....like auckland and cambridge closing noms at the same time on the same day....surly to maximise fields for the second meeting you would have a gap in the he times to allow dogs missing out on the first  to nom for the second meeting......ie the distance race features ..no wonder we struggle with middle and longer distance races..

What distance races. They seem to push them further on the back burner all the time. And then we receive an email to say that the C0D and C2D are scrapped. No wonder the boxes are not working, they are never used. So disappointing.  

7 minutes ago, JETSUN said:

Bigtime Monty, Bigtime Dazzler, Allegro Gun, Skuzi, and Timma Turtle are all in both. Surely rule 64.4 applies.

surely but like to see it  happen. Bigtime cover up or Bigtime rules don't apply should be their next 2 dogs if not!!!!!

I totally believe the sport is being killed by people running it  who have no idea what it's like to get up at 7 in the morning and not finish till 9 at night...7 days a week...no holidays....but hold on they start a 9 and are in the pub by 5.....in the old days the people that run it had passion including stipes....we now have our number one in one the biggest kennels...we have a riu that has no clues on the rules...we now have our number one employing a retired leauge guy who has no passion or no idea about greyhound racing.....we sack the people in the office who did have passion and got involved....our rules can now be changed when they  like..the riu can change them under there discretion...we now have them deciding they can stop imports when they like even though it could be a restraint off trade.......we have a lp rep which we don't see any more he only ever turns up when there's a lp election....now he has a permanent position.........gezz sack them all and bring back Jose she could do it on her own....I believe we have gone in the wrong direction totally under our latest management  and unless we change we are doomed.......but hay you guys enjoy your holidays..may your con.tikis break down and sink it's okay we will still be here looking after the dogs when you get back...

Your LP rep was a supporter of the theiving $500 fee that is imposed on the dogs that make up 70% of the top 2 grades.

He was probably also involved in the ridiculous imbalance in the NZRS payment system.As for Phil Holden my opinion thus far (even though I havent met him) is that he has no respect for us LPs and thinks we are hillbillys and doesnt give a damn about our existance in the sport.

Im sorry but clubs and licence holders are to blame for the mess we are in because they are the ones that have relinquished power of their own industry and are now suffering the consequences.

The sad thing is we are the ones that keep the sport going and we are the life blood of the sport and will wether the storm and still be here to clean up the mess when this regime is gone.

AC