RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Tosser's In Lycra

If Nadzeya Ostapchuk (the drug cheat who beat Valerie Adams at the 2012 London Olympics) turned up in Auckland and decided to jog around the bays in Auckland there would be an outcry and no one would turn up.

Yet Lance Armstrong, also a drug cheat, an  out and out liar and a manipulating bully wants to cycle round the bays and two thousand dickheads in lycra went and rode with him.

He should be ostracised not idolised. He is an out and out disgrace and those that rode with him today need to take a real good look at themselves in the mirror.   

Some of my best friends are cyclists.

So, now you know where this is going…

Downtown Auckland, right alongside the wharf, a good chunk of footpath and road has been pilfered for use as a cycleway.

And that’s fine, I have a bike that I use once a year when I want to get somewhere slowly,

or to have a play, because, as Clarkson once wrote, a bike is basically a kids toy – we have cars now.

So anyway, there’s a gleaming new cycleway,

but with rights come responsibilities,

and cyclists now have their own traffic lights that they must respect,

legally I assume, to protect pedestrians as they cross Quay Street from the many commuter ferries.

Only, they don’t stop for the lights.

Some will slow, some will actually come to a stop before deciding they’ve had enough of this lack of movement lark, and pretend to be wheeled pedestrians.

Most will simply sail through, ignoring the wee red cycle, unmissably glowing at eye level.

70kg of lycra-clad mamil and 5kg of bike at 30kph, gives him the same kinetic energy as 90(+)kgs of this office-bound lug at a breakfast buffet i.e. unstoppable

They cause walkers to check, as they swerve in and out, oblivious to the looks and muttered oaths

The irony is almost certainly lost on them

The fact that nearly all are wearing cameras on their helmets to record other’s misdemeanours and rage of the road

While they’re self-righteous and smug with their little carbon feet.