RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mainland Rookie

Horse Nutrition

I'm on the look for a good Book about Horse Feed & Nutrition/science that my old man wants. There is a specific one but he can't tell me a lot about it but I'm sure he will know it when he sees it and anything I've come across so far doesn't seem to be the one. It's been around for a few years now.

I'm sure people on here will have a few ideas ?? Any ideas appreciated. 

Cheers 

The R H Kerrigan book "Practical Horse Nutrition" (first published 1986, 3rd edition 1994) was used as a text book by Waikato Tech a few years back when I did a course. It was very thorough. The author is Australian.

Feeding and Care of the Horse .... Lon D. Lewis DVM, PhD

Clinical Nutritionist

Department of Clinical Services

Colorado State University

Fort Collins , Colorado

My feeding  textbook for Equine Diploma......great read, covers everything, including...

Nutrients, Feedstuffs,Ration Formulation and Evaluation, Problems associated with Feeding,Feeding and Care for Maintenance and Work,

Feeding and Care of the Brood Mare, Feeding the young and growing horse, General Feeding and Management Practices