RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Bosson back as No. 1 rider for Te Akau

I would have thought that Bosom would have been better off sticking with Baker rather than Te Akau. 

There again throughout his life, Bosom has made a lot of very poor decisions, irrespective of his riding ability, on a horse. 

44 minutes ago, Insider said:

I would have thought that Bosom would have been better off sticking with Baker rather than Te Akau. 

There again throughout his life, Bosom has made a lot of very poor decisions, irrespective of his riding ability, on a horse. 

And you as part of growing up never made any mistakes... give me a break... they guy has got himself sorted...time for you to get back to your perfect life and leave the guy alone.

37 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And you as part of growing up never made any mistakes... give me a break... they guy has got himself sorted...time for you to get back to your perfect life and leave the guy alone.

He might have got himself sorted. Certainly seems to have a nice lady to assist him. Hong Kong didn't work out too well did it? I am just saying that for my threepenny's worth, sticking with the Baker Team would be much better than going with Te Akau. I have nothing against Te Akau, I am simply saying that The Baker Team offers more, as they obviously perform to a higher level Australasia wide. Results speak for themselves don't they?

I am not perfect, never have been, but I am entitled to an opinion just like you. You certainly have enough of them, why not me?

14 minutes ago, Insider said:

He might have got himself sorted. Certainly seems to have a nice lady to assist him. Hong Kong didn't work out too well did it? I am just saying that for my threepenny's worth, sticking with the Baker Team would be much better than going with Te Akau. I have nothing against Te Akau, I am simply saying that The Baker Team offers more, as they obviously perform to a higher level Australasia wide. Results speak for themselves don't they?

I am not perfect, never have been, but I am entitled to an opinion just like you. You certainly have enough of them, why not me?

You can have your opinion no problem... but leave the guys personal choices or past out of it... HK wow so in your perfect world you would have suggested he not give it a go... big call if it worked it is THE biggest racing center in the WORLD... it didn't for whatever reason but to say it was a bad decision is a bit of a stretch..in my opinion of which I am allowed too. merry Christmas time to be happy not be a grinch.

Guest 2Admin2
17 minutes ago, trakdap said:

My reasoning:-   It would not make economic sense to have a six figure retainer to race in NZ alone with  the way the stakes are here.

Te Akau will pass those costs on to the owners.  The question should then be asked is the "new" owner pool large enough to sustain their racing business with the added costs.  Certainly stakes aren't going to help.

On 12/21/2016 at 9:40 PM, gubellini said:

Opie is clearly the best rider in New Zealand. Doesn't matter who he rides for he will be highly successful. Riding one I have a share in next Tuesday in his old home town.

Presuming that you are one of the girls then Gubes?

17 minutes ago, ngatimaru said:

Thinks it was a bit of a Bummer..

If that comment is referring to what I think it is, then I find it incredibly bigoted and small minded.

So much for peace and goodwill to all on this special day!?

[if I've misinterpreted then don't mind me]

38 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

If that comment is referring to what I think it is, then I find it incredibly bigoted and small minded.

So much for peace and goodwill to all on this special day!?

[if I've misinterpreted then don't mind me]

Let's hope not and that was an innocent comment 

On 12/21/2016 at 9:40 PM, gubellini said:

Opie is clearly the best rider in New Zealand. Doesn't matter who he rides for he will be highly successful. Riding one I have a share in next Tuesday in his old home town.

Magic at Ellerslie but I doubt he could have worked the oracle at New Plymouth on Saturday. TA horses simply went piss poor IMHO. Not talking through my pocket either.