RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

Track Inspection Awapuni - It ain't fixed! K W Morton Vindicated - AGAIN!

I have just heard that for tomorrow they are taking new noms and acceptances, then erdrawing the fields.

How bloody stupid!

P.S. I have also heard that the rail goes out too. 

Who makes all these decisions or are there rules in place that state that it must be done this way?

36 minutes ago, Insider said:

I have just heard that for tomorrow they are taking new noms and acceptances, then erdrawing the fields.

How bloody stupid!

P.S. I have also heard that the rail goes out too. 

Who makes all these decisions or are there rules in place that state that it must be done this way?

You heard incorrectly. Same fields as today.  Scratchings reinstated. 

The rail is now out 4 metres.

What really galls me is what is in the head-post title. Yet again, horses and riders have been sent around on an unsafe track as crash test dummies. On the same track and area of the track that has repeatedly been deemed unsafe.  No-one is accountable. It's tragic.

There is a disaster waiting to happen. I just pray that Worksafe get involved and close the place down until it is fixed.

Guest 2Admin2
17 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

But that makes it worse if it rains as forecast.  I guess one stipe won't be officiating.

18 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Ted, you seem to be 100% correct based on the NZTR website. 

I don't know were my man got his info from. Even more puzzling is that he's so close to the NZTR that he's almost on the board. An insider in other words, just like my moniker. 

17 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

But that makes it worse if it rains as forecast.  I guess one stipe won't be officiating.

What is a concern is the first race having inexperienced babies sprinting over 1100m. I hope they have that track right. 

So what happens tomorrow IF and pray to god it does not happen, someone gets hurt because one falls in the same place, who is responsible then, If that prt of the track that has caused issues before is causing them again, how can it magically become safe in one day???

The industry is being run by fxxxwits if you ask me.

Cheers.

If all they have to do, so it seems, is move the running rail, why then didn't they do that today?

I am not suggesting that's the right thing to do, but that's what they are doing, so I am told. 

Tomorrow will tell I guess, rather them than me!

42 minutes ago, Leggy said:

That they would consider running a meeting on that track tomorrow is unconscionable IMO.

You would think one fall, just one fall and law suits aplenty, would they have sought legal advice do you think?

Immediately following the race Stipendiary Stewards met with all riders from Race 1 regarding concerns around the footing going into the bend passing the 900 metres. An Inspection Committee comprising Stipendiary Stewards, a delegation of senior riders and trainers along with the Course Manager and Club representatives inspected the area of concern with a number of slip marks evident. It was agreed that a further inspection take place following a slicer machine being put through the area identified in an attempted remedy to the relevant section of the track. Following a further meeting of the Inspection Committee the Stipendiary Stewards were unable to be satisfied that the work undertaken had removed concerns over this section of the track abandoning the remainder of racing today at 1.55pm.

6 hours ago, Midget said:

You're lucky, the owners of Riding Shotgun sent him to the South Island when he was a spring 3yo, and after travelling the length of the country and basing him in CHCH he went to three different meetings, as far south as Otago, and got sent home three times because the meetings were abandoned.

No owner who experiences an abandoned meeting is lucky Midget. The number of instances just exacerbates the disappointment. Anger ensues and I would say it's a trifle deeper than that now. (3 meetings =thrice ouch though). A b====y good probe into the causes and final remedies surely now must be done. The racing fraternity of owners, trainers and punters should shout collectively "We've had enough". "No more excuses".

What a bloody embarrassment! No accountability and who looks after those that are out of pocket travelling horses to a non race!! It is not worth it - the risk to riders, horses, if this was any other business Worksafe or OSH would have them for providing an unsafe work environment.

When you are top heavy with administration, and an RIU thats out of control, growing ever larger by the day, flying 1st class all over the world,  is it any wonder there is no money left for things like infrastructure, and stake money. Very soon NZ will only have virtual racing.

14 hours ago, Insider said:

Ted, you seem to be 100% correct based on the NZTR website. 

I don't know were my man got his info from. Even more puzzling is that he's so close to the NZTR that he's almost on the board. An insider in other words, just like my moniker. 

They would never take new noms and acceptances in that situation so it is a big worry if you know someone on the NZTR and he knows so little about how things work.

9 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

They would never take new noms and acceptances in that situation so it is a big worry if you know someone on the NZTR and he knows so little about how things work.

I agree 100%. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. A bit like the announcer on Trackside Radio this morning who said that the Awapuni rail was in the true position, even though he knew it wasn't, just like everyone else in NZ with the slightest interest in racing. He said that it was, because that's what his screen or piece of paper said! Go figure!