RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

Track Inspection Awapuni - It ain't fixed! K W Morton Vindicated - AGAIN!

Guest 2Admin2

Delayed one race.  Track has been ripped mechanically by tractor.  

Stewards talking to jockeys.

Put back another 20 mins on TAB, probably another race back now?

Edit:

Nope, meeting abandoned. Wondered why they were playing the Tom Woods farewell video. Way to go out.

I am unaware of any safety issues at any racecourses in New Zealand and if these jockeys have a problem they should come and talk to me about it."

Purcell said the problem at Awapuni, where January's incident occurred, was being fixed.

A new inside bend, with a 3 per cent camber, had been constructed at a cost of $280,000 which was being seeded. It was hoped it would be ready to use after November. NZTR had funded half the work and loaned the club the remainder.

When the new surface was ready, the old outer track would be completely recambered. Awapuni had had a number of issues, he said, including a mixture of soils which did and didn't absorb water

August 30 2015. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/71565798/New-Zealand-jockeys-horses-at-risk-over-state-of-racetracks

I've got two close friends driving with their runners toward Awapuni, about to do a U-Turn, shame they almost made it to the track after a 2 hour drive eh, this is the 3rd time it's happened to the poor buggers this year, I reckon they'd knock up training winners in Oz, they'd have to get used to professionalism though, sadly lacking here.

Guest 2Admin2

Te Rapa isn't much better.  There are pockets of sand across the track.

Guest 2Admin2
2 minutes ago, biff said:

Listening to the stipe explain on trackside was an eyeopener, waiting now for the enquiry into why and how, I'm framing a market shortly as to when.

Watching the video it looked like the horse that slipped hit a loose pocket of dirt THEN struggled to regain its feet?

Just now, Insider said:

Yes, absolutely the one and same. 

Do you have a comment about him?

Just that I bumped into him at a stud open day over in the Manawatu last year, and when he found out I was foreman at Caulfield for 4 years before training at Flemington he seemed to disappear, I would have loved to have chewed the fat, perhaps he had better things to do, more interesting people to chat to? I wanted to learn about RACE you see Insider.

Guest 2Admin2
Just now, Leggy said:

They either need to spend 10-15m to fix the track, or close the joint down permanently.

Well they cant race there now without substantial work being done.  Maybe transfer to Foxton?

Where will they run the Boxing Day Meeting?

Surely the risk is too great to schedule it for Awapuni. 

I was in Palmerston North on Thursday and there was plenty of rain around that should have helped the track not hindered it.

what about the Marton Meeting too?

There has to be something very wrong with the way Track Managers are asked to manage their tracks these day!

Foskett?