RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Disillusioned

Gidday!

Over five years since I last visited this site so I thought I’d pop in and see what has changed…

Heaps.

Not.

(Well, that's unfair, the layout looks way better! :) And there is a great text-editing program facility that wasn't there back in 2011.)

Way fewer names than I remember, though...

And what has changed in the industry?

• Has Enlightenment happened?

• Have the three Racing codes yet realised that not only we are now in the 21st Century but that the 22nd Century is but 83 years away?

• Have the three codes met (you could probably stop this thought right there!) to hammer out a workable business plan, worthy of the name both operationally and vis-à-vis governance, to take to their Minister?

• Have any Industry KPI targets been achieved from any previous business plan?
  • Has centralisation of tracks happened (or started to happen)?

• Have costs (and staff numbers, particularly at the top, non-performing end of your industry) been cut dramatically? (Hilariously, I see your current Head In It For Myself, that Purcell chap, is just back from a jolly to Hong Kong. And, lemme guess, he did Arc Day too?)

• Is the industry generating income levels anywhere near the levels so confidently ‘budgetted’ in just about any of the endless reports your industry is so enamoured of?

• Have the industry’s profit levels (they are making profits, right?) kept within cooee of the NZSE Average? 4750 this time in 2011, 6750 (approx.) right now? An increase of 42%?

• Have steps been taken to remedy that sad stat from way back then that only 16% of the population viewed NZ Racing with any feeling of warmth?

• Has the body providing most of the industry’s income - the TAB - kept pace with (I was going to say ‘lead’ but that is as laughable now as it was then) technology and/or global trends in betting? (I had my now-annual bet on Melbourne Cup Day and, heh heh, ran into a dud computer system. Quelle surprise, eh?)

• Have some plainly incompetent executive types been told ‘Don’t come Monday. Hell, don’t come back, full stop’?

Erm, nope…<_<

Same old…:wacko:

Happy Christmas to those of you who may remember me under another name, ha...